Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
Re: Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Postby Zappy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Funny Cars, did someone say, Funny Cars??? It was a Funny Car Buffet. What ever you want. Inj. Alky, ?? got 'um.
Blown Alky?? got 'um. Blown Nitro??, got them too. A wheelstander FC, ?? yup one of them too. A smorgasbord I tell ya...
I'm sure OD, (Ohio Dave) has pics, they towed all the FC's out and parked them along both guard rails, body's up, just like the old days.

Rumor was that some east coast cars found out about this event too late to get ready, so look for them next year. Wheelz is right it could break 30 FC's.

Weather was perfect, people warm and friendly, action great, plenty of laughs. 4 Nitro Front motor dragsters. And the gasser show was super. 40 Fords, Willy's bodies, ect. One guy was bangin a 4-speed, some inj. some blown, you name it ...they had one.

Mr. Showman (23T) wowed the crowd with his "WORLDS FIRST" Wheelstandin golf cart. Daryl and CraftyGirl had a new suprise they added that even I didn't know about. Dave promised to post a pic so I won't give it away. Just trust me it was cool, VERY COOL.

Getting to hang with all the Draglisters was a blast, Rocky, Bandit, Perry, Ohio Dave, Wheelz & Sharon, Daryl & Heidi, PJ,and Denny.
I even saw Photo guy Bob W. in the pits.
OFFICAL NOTICE: you got 1 year, BE THERE - NO EXCUSES.
Last edited by Zappy on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Ok folks, it looks like you are waiting for me to post so a couple of questions can be answered. First of all, it was great seeing everyone again, and meeting PJ and the kids. Hey BP; Zappy, PJ and I have figured out the first official draglist sponsored vehicle--- a jr dragster for Zappette!!! Was also good to meet photogs Jeff U, Big Bob and Bill Truby thanks for making the new guy feel welcome. Now for the proof. As for what was different about Darryl's cart? Look closely and you can see that the Slightly Disturbed is not only the first wheelstanding cart, it now the only NITROUS enhanced wheelstanding cart - the reaction of the crowd was fantastic, but the best part was that even Zappy didnt know about it until it happened. Not really sure if Bandit will like having this out there but I think I now know how he finds those "quarks". As for the racing - nearly 30 fcs what can you say. Out of respect gonna give Bob W. a few days to post his pics since he told me about this and has been there since the inception. Dont worry gonna add a few to the lists and will send in something that Bob doesnt - might also put some on BOT

OD
ImageImage

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Very cool, guys. Thanks for the updates. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Folks, click on the cart pic to enlarge. Dave caught it perfect (even though he WAS tipped off) and I was kept in the dark. lol lol.
Note to self: WARNING never play cards with Crafty... :wink: :wink:

When Daryl hit the purge button on his first pass, I about fell out of the bleachers it was so cool. The folks behind me were talkin about it too. 8) 8)

bandit

Postby bandit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Dave caught it perfect indeed!!! I was standing next to the fence when our own 23T did the purge! The fans went crazy! 8) 8) 8)
Nano!!

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:14 am

Fantastic weekend!!! Plenty of great funny cars! Great people! Great time! What else can I say! The whole weekend was just perfect!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I hope that maybe next year Vic and Rapid could plan to attend!
Glad everyone liked addition of the NOS purge. :lol: And thanks so much for the shot Dave! 8) It's now my new screensaver! 8)

I would like to say thanks to Denny S. for his hard work and to the funny car teams for making the trip to make this event happen! 8)

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 am

Darryl...contact ProZ and get him to hook you up with some "headlights" for that cart... it would just enhance the looks :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 am

I know what your saying Billy! It needs something.

Return to “What's Up”