Spared to live another day

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
23t
Spared to live another day

Postby 23t » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 pm

http://www.fox8.com/videobeta/b398b8e1- ... ty-Tornado

Here's what happened at about 6:00 pm this afternoon. Me and Heidi and our house are ok. But it was maybe 2 tenth of a mile from my shop. I can say for fact, it sounded like a train. Going to head home now to run the generator to keep the food in good condition. This is the first time in my life I have ever seen a tornado. And I don't want to see another one again!

Billy Mac

Re: Spared to live another day

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Damn Daryl...Glad you and Heidi are ok...Sheesh, Mother Nature can sure be a b***h! :shock:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 am

Hope everyone safe back there. Bad stuff. :?
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Wow! That baby skipped around, but where it was on the ground it did a lot of damage.
Glad you are ok.
IA AL

bandit

Postby bandit » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I just saw this. I was just postin on your racer page.
Nano!!

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:53 pm

glad to hear your safe . been thru several in my life they do tend to rattle your nerves .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm sorry to see the damage, but I'm thanking God that you good people and your homestead were spared. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:59 am

In the beginning of the video the chopper is heading south, in the 5 second mark when there panning to the right, you see the first 4 lane highway, my shop is the first place to your left of the exit ramp coming towards you.

I was working on my new trailer and Heidi stopped by. We were standing at the trailer when the siren went off and we ran to the shop to listen to the scanner just as the local police reported there was damage just to the west of us. :shock: :shock: Luckly the guy that rents the house here was home. He headed to his basement. The renter and I stayed outside wanting to see where this things coming from. The wind and rain were coming from the east. Not normal! All I could see is a dark cloud to the south, But the sound. I will remember this everytime I hear a train. Just then the renter said " look it's right there!!" Like I said, it looked to be a dark cloud. No funnel cloud. Then I seen what looked like 3 pieces of roofing in the sky moving from east to west in a counter clockwise rotaion. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It pasted then my thought's were, are we going to be able to get home. Did it do any damage to our home. We live southeast of the shop 2 miles away. How wide was this thing and how long of a path did it put down? Wires and trees were blocking the roads but we did find one to be passable and when we finally made it, I was so glad to find everything was ok.

I get chills everytime I relive that afternoon in my mind. To see the distuction and realize just how close this tornado came to us. Man! Just can't be thanful enough!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:26 am

It sounds like it all happened really fast; you almost don't have time to think about what to do...I suppose y'all have had practice before, but that sure was a close shave. Thank God you're OK. :arrow:
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”