Norm & Rapid = New Project

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Greg Green
Re: Norm & Rapid = New Project

Postby Greg Green » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:17 pm

....IOWA OILER....
Nitro Pork Roaster would be better for the tuner on this venture...
Hey, that's my job Mr. Seasoned Tuner..lol :D

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 am

Heck I can't even keep up with you guys.

But Jerry,,,only a couple of extra guys at BME? He will fall behind quickly at that rate!

Norm told me I was a wussie if I didn't let him pour Nitro straight from the can. He said there was a chance for dilution if he had to pour it off into another container first!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Barbie Doll, come on now. I have worked hard at ruining my reputation of not working in the pits throughout the years :P
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 am

Questions for you Rapid???? I know you said a truck to tow the car works the best. But having a 2nd option for let say a crowded 1/8 mile track to use a golf cart, Here's what i'd like to know...........

What does the starter setup consist of to start the FC? I never payed that much attention to them! :roll: 1 battery or 2? Cable length?? Starter holder??

How many crew persons would the cart need to haul?

Tool box size? How big? Or if you have an idea of how large of bed would be needed on the cart to haul everything. That would work too.

Anything else you can think of that you would need or want on the cart? Serious stuff now, :lol: :lol: Thanks!

Ok, no particular order. Starter and starter cable {15-20} feet coiled up of course. Battery pack, 4-small batteries stacked. Small tool tray. Starter fuel bottle. Tire pressure gauge. Small fire ext. My helmet, jacket, gloves, boots. Body pole after the car is fired. Probably only 2-3 people. 4-people would be great, but I don't see it holding that many people and the box with the stuff on it as well.

Barb, Jerry what else???
NITRO PILOT

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:34 am

Holy smokes!! :shock: :shock: That's alot!! To bad you live so far away. It would be nice to have your accessories on hand to fit as it's built.

But this is good, I really do need something to make my mind work.

rock

Postby rock » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:55 am

i could be wrong but i believe the driver should wear the helmet ,jacket,gloves,boots. Also the cart don't need a easy bake oven just put the cake mix in the pan and the pan in the drivers lap with rapids tune up on the car the cake will be done before the finish line :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 am

i could be wrong but i believe the driver should wear the helmet ,jacket,gloves,boots. Also the cart don't need a easy bake oven just put the cake mix in the pan and the pan in the drivers lap with rapids tune up on the car the cake will be done before the finish line :shock:
I see pants are cleverly omitted from the list. Image
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 am

Holy smokes!! :shock: :shock: That's alot!! To bad you live so far away. It would be nice to have your accessories on hand to fit as it's built.

But this is good, I really do need something to make my mind work.
The typed list is probably bigger than the actual space taken up. The jacket, gloves, helmet ETC could ride on someones lap from the pit to the lanes. The footprint of the batterybox is probably only 1-square foot if that. The tool box is a small one for some hand tools, AN wrenches.

The start itself is also pretty compact maybe 18 inches long and 8-10 inches wide approx.

Rock,,you know you like seeing the safety gear laying about the pit area!! :lol: :lol: I will only get worried if I find myself trying to stick an apple in my mouth before each pass. I will know I am trying to roast myself. :shock:

Landlord,,I still have the SFI shorts :wink:
NITRO PILOT

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:58 am

Ok that's better. Still have to leave room on the bed area for you to stand on and wave to the fans!! How big are your feet? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !

Would the driver and crew prefer a limo style cart (4 passenger facing forward) with a bed or a shorter regular cart with rear seat/bed?

I'm ready to start! :D

Barb

Postby Barb » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:04 am

Barb, Jerry what else???

A small air tank
Families are like fudge .. mostly sweet with a few NUTZ!!!!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Ok that's better. Still have to leave room on the bed area for you to stand on and wave to the fans!! How big are your feet? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !

Would the driver and crew prefer a limo style cart (4 passenger facing forward) with a bed or a shorter regular cart with rear seat/bed?

I'm ready to start! :D
You are getting to technical for just a driver. I will leave the direction the crew sits entirely up to you.

This is getting pretty exciting to have it all come together. It is very cool for you to get interested and help us. 8)
NITRO PILOT

Return to “What's Up”