Pinks All Out--Color It Gone??

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
Pinks All Out--Color It Gone??

Postby animal jim » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 am

: I have heard from a good source Pinks has dissolved. :o What I was told: Speed Vision did not renew due to low fan attendence on the repeat programs. Pinks All Out would draw good spectator counts the first time it appeared--but has been down 60% at the next year's program at the same tracks. :roll:

I could not find a 2011 schedule on Google,so this news may be so. I know the round payouts were down. betting stopped and NAPA bailed with the $6,000 tool box. Partisipation however was still good. :o

Christmas eve, Linda Lou and I were watching Pinks on TV from Norwalk. I noticed the stands were bleak compared to earlier programs I have watched. I was not an avid Pinks watcher-but would check it out once in a while. :wink: 8)

At least I got to be part of the show once. At Rt.66 Drag Strip in Joliet last year. As some of you may know , I was one of the booked in feature acts during that intermission staging a match race with Dave Granger and his 51 Henry J TS car. WE even got the famous Arm Drop"! :lol: Got paid ok. :wink:

Also being an employee of Rt. 66 Drag Strip in Joliet, IL. the last seven years, I was privey to attendence numbers. Paid in fans/spectators was 15,000. Not bad. Then consider 500 entries and crew/family etc.

If Pinks is in fact History-We will never know what attendence results would have been at 66 in 2011. :?

What is funny is-the concensus of the 66 staff , me included about the Pinks program attendence at our track, responded with, "Wow, 15,000 spectators-That is great for a first time event for us." :roll: :?:

Usually in the past-Third party programs grow over time. But not always. :(

Along those lines-After two years, Norwalk chose not to continue Fords At The Summit show for 2011. Hell-I was the main feature at that one last year. :shock:
Is it MEEE!!! :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by animal jim on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
It has been quite a ride!

Solid Rock

Re: Pinks All Out--Color It Gone??

Postby Solid Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:01 am

Jim, From what I have learned, Pinks is on hiatus for next year. I also recently read that Pinks is looking for another TV station to air the shows.

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:14 am

8) I hope that is true Rocky. I hate to see any racing venue go down. :(

Yesterday I asked my source if perhaps another TV program like Discovery or ESPN2 might pick up Pinks. He told me they dissolved the program. Dissbanned it. :(

I hope you are right. :wink:
It has been quite a ride!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:15 am

My son & I had a good time @ pinks Rt. 66 last year. The only slow time was the final rounds as they did interviews with all the drivers on their return, (edited for T.V. I'm sure). Other than that it was a good show for the spectators I thought. I hope the 1 year off is the case. I'd like to go again.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Andamo

Postby Andamo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:02 pm

The Pinks All Out shows were great for the Joe Six Pack racers to get their 15 minutes of glory. Plus, the show brought drag racing into homes of folks that maybe never knew this type of racing exsisted. Once I saw them starting to bring celebrities onto the program, I knew it was just a matter of time when the plug would be pulled. People can say what they want about the series and Rich Christensen, I think it made non racing folks aware of the other side of non-professional racing.
Be kind to whomever you meet, because everyones fighting some kind of battle.

WCB

Postby WCB » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Pinks was cool..
A great idea...
sometimes "shelf life" is short on great ideas.....
"american idol" is also an example of this....

one thing for sure..The Arm Drop was very popular for a time..made Stars out of many around Rich......
www.wallybell.com

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 am

alot of people I know quit watching when they started changing the format of the show , and started turning it in to a sideshow instead of a everymans racers show . Bring back the old format and I bet the numbers come back . I want to go to the races to watch a race not a county fair .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:47 pm

I enjoyed attempting to make the show in Montgomery in Dec of 08 (didn't enoy NOT getting picked for the money rounds...but I am certainly not the only member of THAT club) IF, the show is no longer going to be done, "I" think it will be a shame...It IS a neat concept...and DOES give the little guy/weekend warrior a shot at the "big time".

My only complaint about the new format is the "He/She went TOO fast clause" The rules are supposed to be straight forward...go ALL OUT...but in the later rounds, when the air gets better and a guy or gal's car speeds up, they get disqualified for being Too Quick...on the other hand...if they let out of the gas before the finish line, they get hammered for "sandbagging"... :roll:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Billy Mac I agree, they are too strict with their "too quick" rule. I also don't like the arm drop, during eliminations. If Rich wants to arm drop fine, do it during the two time trials when RT's don't matter. I am sorry to see the show go, and will miss it.
Anything that puts the"little guy"in the spotlight, and gives them a chance to win some money, is a good thing.
It also brought dragracing into the homes of potential new fans, racers, and sponsors.

WCB

Postby WCB » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:45 pm

: I have heard from a good source Pinks has dissolved. :o What I was told: Speed Vision did not renew due to low fan attendence on the repeat programs. Pinks All Out would draw good spectator counts the first time it appeared--but has been down 60% at the next year's program at the same tracks. :roll:

I could not find a 2011 schedule on Google,so this news may be so. I know the round payouts were down. betting stopped and NAPA bailed with the $6,000 tool box. Partisipation however was still good. :o

Christmas eve, Linda Lou and I were watching Pinks on TV from Norwalk. I noticed the stands were bleak compared to earlier programs I have watched. I was not an avid Pinks watcher-but would check it out once in a while. :wink: 8)

At least I got to be part of the show once. At Rt.66 Drag Strip in Joliet last year. As some of you may know , I was one of the booked in feature acts during that intermission staging a match race with Dave Granger and his 51 Henry J TS car. WE even got the famous Arm Drop"! :lol: Got paid ok. :wink:

Also being an employee of Rt. 66 Drag Strip in Joliet, IL. the last seven years, I was privey to attendence numbers. Paid in fans/spectators was 15,000. Not bad. Then consider 500 entries and crew/family etc.

If Pinks is in fact History-We will never know what attendence results would have been at 66 in 2011. :?

What is funny is-the concensus of the 66 staff , me included about the Pinks program attendence at our track, responded with, "Wow, 15,000 spectators-That is great for a first time event for us." :roll: :?:

Usually in the past-Third party programs grow over time. But not always. :(

Along those lines-After two years, Norwalk chose not to continue Fords At The Summit show for 2011. Hell-I was the main feature at that one last year. :shock:
Is it MEEE!!! :?: :?: :?:

8)
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”