GARLITS & GWYNN DOING GOOD THINGS AT ETOWN'S NHRA SUPERNATS

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Diana The Doc
GARLITS & GWYNN DOING GOOD THINGS AT ETOWN'S NHRA SUPERNATS

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:30 am

"Big Daddy" Don Garlits and Darrell "The Kid" Gwynn certainly are doing darn good things at E-Town's NHRA SuperNationals (June 2-5)... Some elder readers might remember Don Garlits' bizarre blowover at E-Town back in '86 (when the race was called the "SummerNationals")... Garlits is gonna be NHRA's "Legend on-site" for this this week's 2011 running of the event... "Big Daddy" will be doing "meet-and-greets" and autograph sessions for his legions of fans... Folks can ask Don about his strong belief in UFOs and extraterrestrials, like I did during my now historic E-Town interview with him for Drag Racing Underground's FLOPPERS, DIGGERS & DOORSLAMMERS dvd-- My interview proved beyond any doubt that "Big Daddy's" feelings about UFOs are just as much a part of who the man is as his feelings are about the monostrut wing... Don Garlits will also be participating in a special match race with Darrell Gwynn to benefit the Darrell Gwynn Foundation... They will compete against each other in specially-built battery-powered dragsters, in a best of three round bout, with a round being run each of the three days of the race weekend-- The Darrell Gwynn Foundation's mission is to provide awareness, prevention, support and ultimately a cure for paralysis-- A good race for a darn good cause!!-- And I know that Garlits and Gwynn will have a great time racing each other-- Once a racer always a racer, I say-- I'm sure both men are still seduced by speed and possess the competitive spirit that made them great racers to begin with... I certainly commend both Don Garlits and Darrell Gwynn for making this happen... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

"Big Daddy" with cold glass of milk in hand talks my ear off about UFOs... See him at ETown race Darrell Gwynn for a great cause...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Barb

Re: GARLITS & GWYNN DOING GOOD THINGS AT ETOWN'S NHRA SUPERN

Postby Barb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Hey Wheelz .. you're never stuck .. come on out, the guest room awaits your arrival :mrgreen:
Families are like fudge .. mostly sweet with a few NUTZ!!!!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 am

Wheelz, yes, I am well aware that "Big Daddy" Don Garlits' involvement with the Racers for Christ organization (RFC), as well as his strong personal moral and ethical principles have resulted in him being labeled an "outsider" by some people in the sport, especially from those who don't necessarily have much in the way of morals and ethics themselves... And yes, I'm also aware that Garlits' strong moral and ethical stance has resulted in him actually passing up premium financial and sponsorship opportunities that some other racers would have gladly sold their souls (or first born children) for in a heartbeat... And I know, 'cause I've personally seen it for myself, the way that some people in the drag racing biz and media like to mock and poke fun (behind his back of course) at Don Garlits' because of his non "city-slicker" demeanor, the way he talks at a real "thinking man's" pace, not rattling off 500 words of buffoonery a minute like some individuals in this business have a tendency of doing-- And of course Garlits' strong belief in UFOs and extraterrestrial life forms sure doesn't win him any points with our sport's so-called, ahem, "intellectual elitists" a.k.a backwards blowhards on the internet--- Yeah, I know that Don Garlits has chosen the high-road in life, a road that lots of other folks wouldn't dare have the strength, courage or conviction to endure (even for one day of their life)... However, that said, when ya really get down to it, I have no doubt that many years from now, motorsport history will look a lot more fonder on the life and times of "Big Daddy" Don Garlits, than on those who choose to mock and demean the man for his strong fundamental principles and stand-up constitution... 'Cause when it's all said and done, Don Garlits is truly one of drag racing's all time greatest... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

My blog... Today's topic those darn Red Lights...
http://www.dragracingunderground.com/in ... &Itemid=27
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:47 am

As much as I love and respect BIG, I think with only 22 races NHRA should honor other greats ( while we still have them) instead of having one celeb. do several races.
AMATO
KALITTA
Dunn
Glidden
Greek

to name just a few

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 am

Zappy, while I whole heartingly agree with you that the sport of drag racing has quite a few living legends who are well-worthy of celebration and admiration, including personalities such as Amato, Kalitta, Dunn, Glidden and "The Greek"... I believe that it's Don Garlits' high level of "name recognition" that's largely responsible for him landing the hyped-up NHRA national event appearances... Around my neck of the woods, Don Garlits was even mentioned in the radio commercials promoting the ETown SuperNationals, so I guess he's considered a draw for both veteran and novice drag fans... When you ask the "average" or "normal" citizen on the street, if they ever heard of Don Garlits, there's usually a decent chance that they have-- Although "Don Garlits" was once the answer to the puzzle on the popular WHEEL OF FORTUNE TV show and nobody guessed it... It's a fickle world in which we now live in, especially when it comes to motorsports... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's Blog... Polygamy Powered Pro Stock Team??...

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:27 am

Diana the Doc, can you post a link to your interview with Garlits about extraterrestrials ??? I would love to listen to it or read it, if it's available.

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:06 am

Zappy, my interview with Don Garlits, the interview where "Big Daddy" openly speaks his mind regarding his belief in UFOs, extraterrestrial life, and even the monostrut wing can be seen in its entirety on Drag Racing Underground's FLOPPERS DIGGERS & DOORSLAMMERS dvd... However, there is a lengthy sample of that interview, featuring a lot of Don Garlits talkin' to me about UFOs that's now available for viewing on YouTube... I'll put a link to it below... WARNING-- this interview might be somewhat disturbing to young children who aren't comfortable with the idea of our planet being visited by UFOs and extraterrestrial life forms-- Viewer Discretion is Advised... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Here's a direct link to the YouTube video featuring the historic Don Garlits UFO/Extraterrestrial interview... Feel free to post the link anywhere on the web-- It's FREE!
click here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af4hZaHGduA

P.S. here's a link to today's blog... More Evan Knoll... Congrats to Sugarland on CMT award...

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Diana, and Wheelz, thankyou both. In a word.......WOW!!!

Return to “What's Up”