NIGHT OF FIRE Eddyville Raceway

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
purple66bu
NIGHT OF FIRE Eddyville Raceway

Postby purple66bu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 pm

http://www.eddyvilleraceway.com/

MAKE PLANS NOW TO ATTEND
MUSCO LIGHTING NIGHT OF FIRE
ImageThe Musco Lighting Night of Fire presented by Napa Auto Supply is Saturday, July 2, 2011 and you need to make your plans now to attend. Eddyville Raceway Park is proud to announce that NHRA super star Ron Capps will headline the event behind the wheel of a Nitro Nostalgia Funny Car. "We are extremely happy to have Ron Capps driving at the Night of Fire" mentioned Track Operator Gerald Kramer. "It's not often we can get an NHRA driver with more than 30 career National Event wins and has been a Championship contender for more than a decade" continued Kramer.

In addition to Capps driving a Nitro Nostalgia Funny Car, Doc Halladay a former AHRA World Champion will return to Eddyville behind the wheel of his Nitro Fueled "Telstar" entry along side the "Showtime" Corvette. The event will also feature Nitro Nostalgia Top Fuel Dragsters, the Jet Cars of Rock-n-Roll Thunder and Strip Tease, Wheelstanders Chevy Rebellion and the Wheelie Wagon, Nitro Fueled Altereds, Super Shifters and from the Chicago the popular Midwest Super Stock Mafia. Of course a Night of Fire would not be appropriate without a Fireworks celebration. Please plan now to attend!

FAST FACTS
Event: Musco Lighting Night of Fire
Date: Saturday, July 2, 2011 - Rain Date Sunday, July 3, 2011
What: Nitro Nostalgia Funny Cars, Jets, Wheelstanders, Nitro Top Fuel & Altereds, Fireworks and More.
Admission: Saturday; Adults $25, kids (6-12) $5. Parking and Pit Passes are Free.
Gate Times: Spectator Gate open Saturday at 10 AM
Feature Show: 6 PM Saturday, July 2 - Sportsman racing all day so come early!

Contact Information: manager@eddyvilleraceway.com, Gerald Kramer 641-780-3534 or office at 309-654-2110

Additional Information: Eddyville Raceway Park has full service concessions, a play park for the kids, souvenirs and novelties, grandstand seating and more.
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

purple66bu

Re: NIGHT OF FIRE Eddyville Raceway

Postby purple66bu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Back to Eddyville..bringin 6 cars and cant wait..really like that place

RickO

Postby RickO » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:59 am

Sounds like a great lil event for Eddyville!! Wonder who's car Ron will be driving. It would be a "Sin" if he became a ride-stealer too! :lol: :wink:
Texas Yankee

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Ron Capps will be driving Frank and Debra Ousley's
Crop Duster funny car.
They have a Dale Emery tune up.
IA AL

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 pm

That is great! Wow... two fuel FC stars should get them on the right track. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WCB

Postby WCB » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 am

Always great at Eddyville..I remember well fans being turned away..Too many people..a beautiful show..
ProMods..6 of us, Capps,Creasy, Roy Trevino..more...Incredible Show..

Do well Dennis ! ( Know you will....)
www.wallybell.com

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 am

Look, it's no secret that there's some old grumps (especially on the internet) who get a tad upset at the notion of drag racing "celebs" making special appearances at the wheel of Nostalgia Funny Cars-- However, I think that's just plain foolish-- I firmly believe that it can only be beneficial for the genre when "big show" racers like Ron Capps lend their name and likeness to the Nostalgia Drag Racing cause... I think of it as a "win win" situation for all involved... The Musco Lighting Night Of Fire sounds like it has all the ingredients necessary to bring tons of enthused fans pouring into the grandstands-- Nitro Nostalgia Top Fuel Dragsters, Jet Cars, Wheelstanders Nitro Fuel Altereds, Midwest Super Stock Mafia AND a Fireworks celebration-- THAT''S a full bill for sure-- Great motorsport oriented entertainment to kick off your family's sizzlin' Summer... Hope everybody at Eddyville Raceway Park enjoy a safe and super event... Get out and support "LIVE" drag racing... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Celebs are good for Nostalgia Racing...
a pic from the Drag Racing Underground archives of Capps during his Snake/Leong era and yours truly during my "jetsetter" period...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:22 am

I agree wholeheartedly Diane,Ron has raced quite a bit of nostalgia funnys and digs the crud out of them.Yes having a celeb name attached to an event like this may bring a percentage of fans out that may have blown it off thinking it would be a weak show.Hopefully once they see the whole package they will return over and over..were a small part of the big picture just giving the fans something else to enjoy for their hard earned money.I feel blessed to have a group that the fans seem to appreciate and we truly appreciate them,in this economy thats not an easy task.
I thank you for the kind words you have always said about this lil piece of heaven i have created and hopefully someday you will get to see it in person and i can thank you also.
Dennis

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Ron Capps can do no wrong in my book. I was really happy to see him do so well at Norwalk, too. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 am

Dennis, I believe that a large number of fans even in the "Thrill Show" grandstands do genuinely enjoy seeing the kind of cars you feature with the Midwest Super Stock Mafia... I've seen a lot of high profile drag racing thrill shows, my home track, ETown, hosts some of the nation's biggest thrill shows, incredible spectacles-- And I've noticed time after time, that when fast, stock appearing, race cars run at ETown's big thrill show, I see lots of fellers in the stands payin' close attention to the racing-- Sure, we all know that most of the really young kiddies are there exclusively drooling (literally, ha ha) in anticipation of the jets and exhibition acts, but many of the elders (the parents who brought the kiddies to the show), get a real nice warm 'n' fuzzy feeling watching the kind of racing your group has to offer-- I'm sure the MSSM will play a significant role in the overall success of the Eddyville show... Bill, I too believe Ron Capps is a driver that has paid his dues and possesses remarkable driving skills, and I too was glad to see him perform well at Norwalk... Yeah, he's become the proverbial "punching bag" for internet blowhards who no longer have Whit Bazemore to beat up on anymore (blowhards have to have SOMEONE to talk trash about from behind their keyboards, or they wither away and melt like the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz, ha ha)-- But in all seriousness, it's my opinion that Ron Capps stands as one of drag racing's keenest and leanest of current professional driving talents... And I believe Ron's willingness to get behind the wheel of a Nostalgia Funny when he has time off from his regular "day job" shows he really loves drag racing, and respects its history-- That sort of honest love and dedication of the sport scores major points with me.... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's blog...
http://www.dragracingunderground.com/~d ... &Itemid=27
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Return to “What's Up”