NIGHT UNDER FIRE – Norwalk – 2011

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
NIGHT UNDER FIRE – Norwalk – 2011

Postby Zappy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm

You name it, they had it. Everything from nostalgia Nitro funny car to modern-day Nitro funny car to front engined Nitro dragster to wheelstander s to Gasser's to jet dragsters to jet semi to Nitro bike. Talking about taking a step back in time, just picture this; Doc holidays Telstar –, Hoover's Showtime – candies and Hughes – jungle Jim, all dueling it out under the lights.
And in case that's not enough, and to that Dale Puldy's war Eagle vs Chi-Town Hustler, with Frank Hawley. :shock: folks, that alone was worth the price of admission.

(PS) and no Ms. Heidi, it didn't rain on me in Ohio this time.......... well.......... not at the track anyway. :roll: :lol:

it was great to see Ohio Dave, and get to stroll the pits with him. I can't wait to see his shots of this event. Also ran into friends rapid Randy, and Mike Minnick, and got to visit with them briefly before they got busy putting on the show. Now cap off the night with a spectacular fireworks display, (largest in Ohio), all set to music.

Zappy

Re: NIGHT UNDER FIRE – Norwalk – 2011

Postby Zappy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Now it has come to my attention that lately I'm being compared to that cartoon character " Linus", or which ever is the one that has the cloud following him around over his head?? I admit, it is true, that I did get rained out earlier this year going to a race in Ohio. Okay – okay actually I get rained out twice in Ohio races this year. :oops: :oops:

Well all right, I must be honest with you, it did rain on us off and on, on the way down to the track. :oops: . But not at the track. :lol:
okay okay – if you must know, YES – it did rain and lightning on us in Ohio after we left the track. But not at the track.

Well........ um........ there was that one,..... little incident........... hardly worth mentioning. Some referred to it as a
" TOTAL BLACK OUT". Just a little two hr delay. For the track and 91 surrounding homes. :shock: :oops:
but I swear, I had " ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT". I never even saw that electrical cord.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:25 pm

yearight
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks for the report, Zappy! Glad you had a great time! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Wheelz, I just needed to re-charge my cell phone. How was I supposed to know.......unplug one little thing and WHAMO!!! total darkness. :oops: No tree , no PA, no NUTHIN. ( just don't tell Heidi) Think of it as a intermission...yeah, thats it, a little quiet time, a break from all the noise. Well more than a "little" break I guess......Okay, so it took them almost 2 hrs to restore things, lets hear it for the FINE FOLKS from Edison.

And they brought up all the "SHOW" cars and ran them, then the outstanding fireworks, so I'm thinkin.....no harm - no foul......??
(stupid phone charger anyway).

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Have to agree with Zappy on the event - was great - first class all the way as usual - even with power outage - Seeing those replicas of cars from the 70's brought back lots of memories. thanks to all who made long trips for the show. Finally met Rapid Randy (never saw him with a Pepsi or a piece of cake - what gives??) Pictures should be up tomorrow night - have been working getting son back off to Bowling Green. Cant vouch for Zappy's story bout the phone charger since he called me during blackout - kinda think he wasnt at fault

OD

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Ahh-Ha!!! there you have it. Zappy "not guilty", jus like...............................( Cassy) :P

bandit

Postby bandit » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Me thinks you paid Dave off. Me thinks I saw some cash exchange hands and heard something about hush money!
Dave! No cake? No Pepsi? Maybe it was an imposter!? :shock:
Nano!!

Return to “What's Up”