Animal Jim Does West Palm

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
Animal Jim Does West Palm

Postby animal jim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:50 pm

:D Zeke loved the West Palm Drag Strip. It was a typical Chris McMahan prepared surface. Car launched with it's traditional twisting wheelie and went down the track like on rails. Smooth as silk. 8) :D

Last run Sat. the 17th 5 PM was 7.62 --186. I just short shifted at 6000 as to not breach 7.50 :roll: On a normal hard run I would normally shift at 7000 1 & 2 and 7300 in 3rd.

(old Zeke has Limited 7.50 SFI Sporstman Sticker these days-To update back to 6 sec. would not be practial-plus ruin the car as original and it's animation.) :(

I did however go 186. Could not resist the big end charge that old 700" Boss Hemi produces. :)

A full hard run shifting at 7K would drop et about .2. A full run using NOS right after launch like I did in the formative Pro Mod days 87,88 and 89 would drop et another .4 to .5 tenths. And 200 mph. :wink:

It felt good to make good runs after the starting line problems at the World Series. I have not figured that one out yet :?: :shock: Why on my last run it shook off the line and veered to wall in right lane.

I ran the car same setup I had at Cordova at West Palm. For last run I raised the launch 500 and put 1/4 # more air in slicks. Felt just bit tighter-but 60 only dropped a few hundreths. :|
It has been quite a ride!

animal jim

Re: Animal Jim Does West Palm

Postby animal jim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:03 pm

:D Chris laid out the red carpet for us. Took us to the the hot beach joints every night. Was there 3 1/2 days.I was a 30 year old trapped in a 70 year old body. :( :D Saw sharks chasing schools of bait fish at the beach. :shock: Fed Chris' wild alligators that live on the West Palm Drag Strip grounds. :D Saw wild exotic rare Sand Cranes that hang around the track.

I would love to spend more time there. I was there in 94 and 97 but never took time for fun. this time I did. :wink: 8)

Reminded me of Puerto Rico. Everyone having fun. And Everyone is pretty ! 8) :)
It has been quite a ride!

bandit

Postby bandit » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 pm

8) 8) 8)
Nano!!

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am

AJ, Glad ti hear ya didn't quit racing!! I knew ya wouldn;t not usre what the deal could have been at Cordova..i wil say the track was not stellar when we ran but??....someitmes i think they "overdo" it on the starting line..it either has too much bite or is like snot when they do that..sometimes I think if they;d leave it alone it'd be fine..but then again i am not a track giuy just a dumb kid with a big ole Chevy!! :wink: ......another thing I noticed is when you and Arnie run you never seem to swap lanes after the first run?/ is this Arnies deal or did ya just want to try and get Zeke down that lane??.......I have noticed Arnie seems to not run the right lane too much at Cordova.???...Juss wunderin....ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:30 pm

:D Chris laid out the red carpet for us. Took us to the the hot beach joints every night. Was there 3 1/2 days.I was a 30 year old trapped in a 70 year old body. :( :D Saw sharks chasing schools of bait fish at the beach. :shock: Fed Chris' wild alligators that live on the West Palm Drag Strip grounds. :D Saw wild exotic rare Sand Cranes that hang around the track.

I would love to spend more time there. I was there in 94 and 97 but never took time for fun. this time I did. :wink: 8)

Reminded me of Puerto Rico. Everyone having fun. And Everyone is pretty ! 8) :)

Man, wish i was there...
Great Stuff Jim.....
( W. Palm is a Long way from the Fl. border huh?)
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”