My Weekend At A Glance! (ok, more of a stare)

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
bandit
My Weekend At A Glance! (ok, more of a stare)

Postby bandit » Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

I posted this on Facebook, it belongs here!!
My Friday morn started off with walking to the lab and getting a ride to the rent-a-car joint from my friend, Carlton.
Once I was there and after a brief discussion with the lady behind the counter, it was determined that the "J-Lo Fiat" was probably not the car for me. I ended up taking the HHR.
Off to Xenia Ohio and the Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit with the Solid Rock Mustang. The ride there is always the best. Looking forward to the race and seeing my friends again is motivation to cover the miles!
I figure Rocky will be there way before me because his ride is shorter. NOT! Due to the wonderful traffic and road conditions, Rocky gets there 2 hours later. Shorter distance but larger pain factor!
Saturday starts out with breakfast at Bob Evans! (It is Ohio)
We meet up with Heidi and Daryl Arnold and the race day begins! Set-up, sorting out the new stuff and a test run are the plan for the first part of the day. The test run goes well. The car ran well. It hasn't made that much smoke and rubber balls in awhile! I was covered with them by the end of the day.
Then the runs! Chicago Style eliminations means we all run twice and the 2 quickest come back for the final. Our first run was a loss to the always tough Horvath Gold Coast Charger! The threats of me posting compromising pictures of driver Mark didn't scare them a bit! Probably pissed them off and they kicked our butt! Rocky and the Evil Mach 1 did and awesome 1/8th mile plus burnout and the fans went nuts! Round 2 put us up against the cool looking Challenger of John Troxel. Roland Leong was there helping. I thought we were toast but Rocky proved me wrong by doing a helluva driving job and staying ahead of the Challenger for the win light! Great job Rock!
During the 2nd round, Sue Christophersen, in the Suzie-Q car had throttle problems and ended up on the guard rail. Sue was unhurt but the car was pretty banged up. Teams that were battling a few moments ago became one team making sure Sue and Steve were ok and helped where needed! I have seen these all through my being a fan of drag racing and this was no exception.
Mike Klontz comes up to Rocky after our last round and hands him some money! We won the "Best Burnout" contest!! Way cool Rocky!
The rest of the evening was getting stuff put away and hanging out with the other racers! It went by too quick.
The ride home was fueled by looking forward to getting home to my cats and couch!
What a great weekend! (thanks for letting me ramble)
Nano!!

Gator

Re: My Weekend At A Glance! (ok, more of a stare)

Postby Gator » Mon May 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Well done Jim.... The You Tube videos are great... Glad you made it home safe...... W.Va (couple of mountain gals looking for you ??)
www.wallybell.com

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Great story, Jim! Bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Sounds like a great time, Bandito! Great read, thanks for posting! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Mon May 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Great stuff Jim - I love that drive to Virginia as well great sites - Glad the quarks were working - see you at Milan

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 pm

MILAN??? Rocky & Bandit are commin to Milan and no one told Zapster??? :( :(

Great read Bandit, thanks for taking us along. Congrats Rocky on BEST BURN-OUT
We ned more of these "My Weekend" stories. Whether you race or watch come on gang, tell us about it,

bandit

Postby bandit » Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Rocky's at Quaker City this next weekend. Not sure if my budget allows it. The next race will be Bristol the end of June! I have to see this track!!
Nano!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 am

BRISTOL, yer gonna love it. "THUNDER VALLEY". Are you goin for the Nats. June 15-17??

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Hope you can make the trip, Senor Bandito...not just for making a pilgrimage to the first of the Supertracks, but to provide folks like us with an adventure story! It's great that you crew for Rocky! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”