Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:21 am

Good Morning

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 am

Yes Wheelz, gonna be west coast Zappy, or desert Zappy. All new, lots to explore, new tracks, events, yeah baby, & best of all, NO SNOW !!!
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 am

Mornin'. 28.6°f and some of that white stuff Zap is referring to. Caught the city off guard, so it was even a little slippery out there. 39°f today - 23°f tonight. :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:01 am

Good Morning. I'm meeting a few Telephone Retirees for breakfast. Then drive Susan around to do her Dad's Estate stuff. Tomorrow I get a Tumor removed from in my right shoulder.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Boyd was this a thing they were scheduled to do or did it just pop up????
It never got over the low 40's today and the wind was just howling across the ground. They mentioned winds up to 50 MPH in places and my little S-10 was rocking in the wind. A young guy who has done some work on my vehicles told me yesterday that his one and only mechanic up and quit without any notice. I offered to help him as much as I can till he gets a new mechanic that is coming in on Monday. I did some oil changes, tire changing, tire balancing, air bag removal, and humping some tires out back for the 6 or 7 hours I was there today. I came home and helped the dog on the couch for a half hour and back at it tomorrow. I told him I would not take a penny but I received something better as his wife threw her arms around me when I was leaving and gave me a big hug. You can't buy that. I hope they make it as they just started on this ownership deal and it has had its ups and downs. It felt good to do some physical work and get grease under my fingernails and yes I am sore but I will survive and it does me good to see the look in their eyes. I think I will go to bed early tonight... like now. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Good morning, everyone1 Good handiwork and happenings! Hey, is Zap and Linda just visiting the west coast or moving for good?

Been busy as all get out. Spoke at a conference on Monday and then attended two days of training -- all two hours away, which required 5 am wakeups and 8 pm arrivals back home! Wiped out and no time for internet. I am going to my regular job tomorrow. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm

We had snow off & on today, but it didn't stick. Things are gettin' very busy, cuttimng vinyl all day and still cutting at 8pm. Looks like house stuff may take a back seat for awhile. Oh, and they are talking snow for Sunday, again. Maybe by then they'll change their minds.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:55 am

Good Morning

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi Everyone! It was up to 70 and sunny today and tomorrow they are calling for the 30s and snow! What a wacky spring! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:46 am

Mornin'. 17.4°f Sunzout. I have another dozer to letter this morning, then sign work all day today. Then removing a business name from the tech center directory that has moved out. Deliver a bunch of vinyl (7 water trucks) to a guy from the truck & equipment rental place. I usually do the install, but these 7 won't be delivered here, so somebody else gets that task. Then we'll be heading over to see the Kids & Grandkids for the evening.

Return to “What's Up”