Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Evenin' Just got back from another Downtown Project meeting. Getting closer to a plan. Construction set to begin Spring of 2019. Debating wearther or not to go out and cut some of the cyclone separator parts tonight or just call it a day. :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi, everyone! Just wrapped our weekly show with Courtney Mageau, the young FC racer from Edmonton.

Had a beautiful day here in DC. But rain coming tomorrow. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 am

Mornin'. 55.2°f with bright sun. Hope that means no snow today. :lol: I went out and cut parts last night after all. Got about 1/2 of the parts cut out, so maybe tonight I'll finish them.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 am

Morning peoplez. What is a cyclone separator???? Would it work on Boyd's shoulder??? 52/55 today with large amounts of rain coming soon but that's good for me. Yesterday I heard of the impending rain and after the weekend of lawn thatching and raking I figured it would be an excellent time to seed the lawn. I was up and had the lawn seeded by 8:00 in the morning, went for breakfast then came home loaded the truck with shovels and the dog and headed out for some compost. Returned shortly thereafter and proceeded to spread the compost on the flower garden and the lawn and finished about 3:00 in the afternoon. I was to pickup a friend around 3:00 and totally forgot about it and did not have my phone on me when outside. I came in the house and she had left a message that she had started walking home and if I wanted I could pick her up on the way. Oops, Jack's in trouble again! Sharon came home and we had planned on eating at home but I told her that was not going to happen so off we went for Mexican food. Stopped for ice cream then home and I went to sleep at 8:30 and woke up at 7:00 this morning. Several cups of coffee to get the old body started and I may be able to breath without pain in a few hours. Whew, I kicked my own butt yesterday? :shock: Knocking the sedate dust off my body from all that time in front of the computer over the winter. I told Sharon it was the dog's fault but being the dog is a female and that is two against one in this household she wasn't buying it. RR today. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:07 pm

Good Morning

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:40 pm

What is a cyclone separator????
It's THiNg-A-Ma-BOBeR. :lol: It separates the dust and wood chips upstream from a dust collector. That keeps the dust collector bags cleaner so they don't get plugged up and restrict the air flow. I'm building 2. One for the vac on the CNC and one for a vac I just bought to keep the table saw & miter saw happy. I'm trying to cut down on the dust in the air.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Busy day, Hello, Good bye. I'm late

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 am

Hi, everyone! Busy day here, too. Went out for drinks and dinner with some business folks after work. Checked in on Facebook at the place I was at. Got a tap on the shoulder a little while later. It was Em! She was in a car getting a ride from the train station (she's been training folks in Baltimore for three weeks). She told the driver to change course and she came to surprise me! It was awesome (but a little scary when you think about it). We came home together and she will drive us to work tomorrow (we have been keeping her car here while she was away). bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 am

Mornin'. 42.1°f and sunny again. Got a couple emails from Hong Kong this morning from the Huanyang VFD Inverter drive folks. I don't have time at the moment, but a quick viewing of the you tube instructions they sent, I can see I do have a couple settings to change. We have small group here tonight, so maybe tomorrow night, I'll give it a whirl. Hope the old spindle will fire up so I can make a couple test n' tune laps with it this weekend on the CNC.
Welded up a couple frames with stakes yesterday for a couple ''in memory'' plaques that will go in front of newly planted trees at the ball park. One is for a young lady that passed away from cancer last winter and the other is for a policeman that also died of cancer. I knew the young lady in passing and have done a little sign work for her husband over the years. She was always friendly and had a smile when we saw her. Denny was a good friend we've known almost as long as we've lived in Illinois. Just a couple years older than me. He was a fair and friendly guy, perfect fit for his job.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 am

Good morning. Another nice day it looks. Yesterday washed the MLC. Loaded it for a trip to the Dump. Then to Chilliwack. Lunch with a friend from back in my high school days. Then to the Tulip Festival. Dinner with other friends that live in that area. Today we cross the Border to meet some Truck Club people for a cruise to Acme Wa. for lunch

Return to “What's Up”