Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:39 am

Oh YUM that sounds goota!!!!! 67/87 today so it will be another hot one. Sharon and I slept late yesterday and didn't wake up till 7:30 and that is very unusual for us. We got up and had a few cups of coffee before heading out for breakfast and some garage sale hunting. Came home and wanted to finish up the cleaning of her Honda as we had done the interior and engine compartment last weekend so we thrashed on it with a wash job, waxed it all, cleaned the custom wheels, cleaned the windows and Armoralled the tires, rocker panels and everything else that was black. After we finished that off we washed the S-10 and cleaned the windows and with the temps in the mid 80's we were both out of gas. Later we got cleaned up and ordered a pizza for supper and watched a documentary about the famous architect John Portman who revolutionized the building industry. Very interesting show compared to the standard garbage that is on TV anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:50 am

79.9°f to start, and still no clouds. Today I have the CNC project on the "project to start'' list. It will depend on the temps. as to how far that project goes today. There's A/C out there , so what I'm really saying is it depends on my ambition, as to how far that project goes today. :wink: For reference this project was supposed to start last Saturday, but didn't. :oops:
Got a new phone case coming today. I bought one not so long before DLN's 13 and it's already toast. The plastic clip that snaps onto the phone to keep in secure, snapped off, so now it's held on the belt case with a low tech rubber band. :idea:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Danny White

Postby Danny White » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Northeast Texas weather is like the old Herman's Hermits song "Henry the 8th" second verse, same as the first. Hot and dry. High of 94! :mrgreen:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi, everyone. Welcome home, Cheryl!

Jack Redd and I headed out to Colonial Beach Dragway today for '60 Years of Cars and Stars.'

Had a great time with our friends Dale and Ellen, who send their regards.

Lots of sun, racing, and food.

Glad to hear of all the great and not-so-great goings on.

Thinking about you all. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:14 am

It was in the upper 90's today, so I didn't bother firing up the A/C. I spent the day designing a dust collector boot for the CNC, so in a way I worked on the CNC, sorta'.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

Mornin'. 77.4°f. Low 90's today they say, some clouds, but still no rain.

Danny White

Postby Danny White » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 pm

We have a chance of rain Tuesday!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Rain here maybe today, maybe tomorrow but almost certain on Wednesday. I hink! Up to 91 today and possible thunderstorms. It was 95 yesterday and Sharon and I went to a cruse-in/fly-in at an airport in Warren. We about melted in the heat and 75 of the 100 planes that were to show up didn't materialize so it was a dud. We stopped on the way home to eat and the food was not so pretty good and the waitress had an attitude on top of that. This morning I went to the church to do an errand, stopped for breakfast and the restaurant had the air on the frostbite setting, home to mow the lawn then watered the garden to keep it from cooking it's brains out. I was wringing wet and it was 86 degrees at 11:30 so into the AC I came. Whew, it was toasty out there. Going to vacuum the floors and make some salads for the evening meal before Sharon gets home. I hink I will help the dog take a nap too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 am

Had a good Sunday, Em came down and we had a fun family time in the backyard pool like the good old days. Ate some good cookout. Back to work today and got home in time to talk to 72 TF champ Jim Walther on the show. He was fun to talk with. Back after it tomorrow. Best to all. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”