Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:48 am

Mornin'. Back at it again today. SOME of us have to work ya. know. :wink:

57.4°f and sunny. Lawn is going to need a shave tonight. The rains we've been getting lately, are making the lawn grown like weeds. :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 pm

Mowed the lawn after lunch today, then headed to Morris to letter a rollback. By the time I got home (on the way home actually) it started raining hard and is still at it now. Goota' thing I mowed first. :roll: Hope Jack & Sharon are out and about wearing themselves out with fun. :arrow: :arrow:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:47 am

Mornin'. 70.2°f to start and mucho humid. Headed to see the Kids/Grandkids tonight, but first a day of working on the CNC upgrades. More rain overnight with predictions of more rain today.
Got an invitation from a trucking company yesterday that has expanded their operations into our little part of the world. They're having a Grand Opening tomorrow afternoon/night with catered food and live entertainment from 2-8pm. Cheryl and I plan to go out around dinner time, but call it an early night, so we may or may not catch the entertainment part. This company has been building a state of the art terminal for the last couple years, just a mile south of us. (Award wining apparently. They got a big ol' trophy for winning this deal, I'm supposed to photograph it and print an 8' banner to hang from the rafters). The warehouse is 415,000 square ft. There's a rail spur to the property with 20 rail sidings for storing rail cars. I've been supplying the signs for the new facility & this company party is a thank you of sorts for all the folks involved in getting the project up and running. I'm excited to see what the joint looks like inside.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi, everyone. Hectic week at work and I'm just now able to log on and see how everyone is doing.

Another great sign, Gary!

Congrats to Sharon on retirement!

I got some nice pics from Sue this week. Wonderful memories of us all together. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 am

Ready for Church. I'm doing the usual Sunday morning routine, waiting for Cheryl to get ready. :lol:

Cloudy and 73.4°f. They say hot and very humid for today and tomorrow. The last heat for the summer I hope, I'm ready for brisk fall weather.
Out to lunch with the gang after Church and then later we go out to the new warehouse facility for dinner. I'll be stuffed by tonight. I've lost 15 lbs, of the 20 or so I set out to loose and I'm a few weeks ahead of the schedule I set as a goal, so I may just call off the diet for a day and hit it again next week. The weight loss sure has put a spring in my step. And I seem to be not as tied at the end of the day like I have been. Many of the aches and pains, while not gone, sure are a lot less annoying. Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, everyone. I hope your weekend is going nicely. Just catching up on some work and chores here. bp
Bill Pratt

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Afternoon folkz. Temps have been in the upper 80's to low 90's all weekend and will continue the rest of this week. Friday I went to Sharon's retirement party where she works and she was really surprised. We came home and talked about the party and looked at all the goodies they got her. Went to bed early and on Saturday she went for the full spa treatment with massage, hair cut and style, pedicure, manicure and make up. I had made 5:00 reservations for dinner at a high end restaurant that was about an hour away from home and when the clock was at 3:45 I text her to see if she was still alive!! She made it home in record time and changed into her fancy dress and off we went. Made it there about 10 minutes early and had to wait on the waitress to get to work but she never showed so someone else helped us out. The restaurant is set in the woods and is on the third floor so you are up in the trees and see all kinds of squirrels, birds and humming birds so you get to dine with nature. We spent over an hour with our meal and it was very, very good but for the price it should have. I told her not to get any ideas about doing this all the time or I would have to get a job!!! Sharon started her count down to retirement at 24 months and we both don't know where the time went but are happy that she will be home all the time now. Now we need to figure out a new schedule for our daily routine and coffee on the front porch in the morning will be first on the list. Don't know what the winter schedule will be for that but we will have plenty of time to figure it out. Boy is she a happy camper. :D :D :D
Gary you and bp need to shift it into a lower gear so you can enjoy life a little. 8)

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Congrats to Sharon and it sounds like you had a great celebration.

I have to admit that this is how I'm wired. Wouldn't know what to do with myself otherwise.

DLNs provide a good outlet, though! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Just got back from the company picnic. I'm stuffed. :shock: Goota' food. They had a band in the tent, but they were done by the time we got there. They were just the warm up band for the one set up outside the tent. They had a full stage, complete with overhead lighting, backdrop was all LED screen, with a sound booth back by the tent. Tour bus, road crew and the whole 9 yards. They sounded goota', but the name didn't ring a bell. I'm not much of a country music fan, so they could have been famous for all I know. They band name was on the big screen when we walked by, but I don't remember it. Told you I wasn't a fan, (just an old and forgetful curmudgeon). :lol: :lol: The tent was huge. I would guessimate nearly the length of a football field but a bit narrower. They had huge diesel powered A/C units blowing air into the tent and even with all the people and being out in the sun, it was very comfortable in there. They had a pro photographer taking pix. but we didn't take the time. And they were named North American Hauler of the year. I'm not in that loop, but I'm guessing that's a goota' thing for them.
Hoff.jpg
Hoff.jpg (304.53KiB)Viewed 855 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Wow is that a neat truck or what.
bp, I too thought I was wired as you but my sweetie changed my mind
and told me to relax and ease into a slower lifestyle and you know
what... it is a better fit than constantly being on the go. I still
only have one pace when I am working and that is 150 MPH but I can
stop and enjoy life when needed. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”