Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 am

Mornin'. 20.1°f.
Couple °up, then many °down today, with wind.
Glad I'll be spending a good share of the day inside today.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Good morning, everyone. Got a lot done yesterday and forgot to log on. Updated edrags.com and 60sfunnycars.com to the WordPress platform. Working on 80sfunnycars.com today. 70sfunnycars.com will be a challenge with more than 50 pages to update. It is taking a bit of manual labor on each page. Looks like 45 for a high today and down into the high 20s tonight. Snow in a few days, maybe? bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Well, I did go outside for a few minutes, and froze my little finners'. :oops: I'm running exhaust from the master bathroom and figured while I was at it I'd run one for the guest bathroom at the same time. Both are installed in the same spot in the attic. Not sure how that made it past inspection during the building project, as they were very strict about the bathroom vents upstairs. But I digress. They will have them now. I'm pretty sure this is the only house on the block with dual exhaust and stainless steel exhaust tips. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't want to poke holes in the new shingles, so this is the alternative. I have both bathrooms plumbed, but I 'm holding off off on the wiring for the master bath. I'm hoping when I tear into it, I'll be able to get the switch closer to the door. Right now the only spot is on the opposite wall. :cry:

Next 2 days will be back to sign work, so time to go up in the attic and see what I can get hooked up yet today. This morning I removed the 2 gang box in the guest bath & replaced it with a 3 gang to accommodate the exhaust fan stitch. Got the wire run up to the attic. And no booboo's on the wall or ceiling, so I'm a happy camper. I have a couple 6" in line exhaust fans for the job, that look a little like twin turbos. That is if you look at them with one eye closed. They're also, the only turbos on the block if I'm not mistaken. Tim the Tool Man would be so proud. :lol: :lol: arrhhh arrhhh arrrhhh
Dual Exhaust.jpg
Dual Exhaust.jpg (225.02KiB)Viewed 1122 times
Dual Exhaust 3.jpg
Dual Exhaust 3.jpg (138.57KiB)Viewed 1122 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 am

Mornin'. Time to do some sign work today. 16.9°f. Guess winter isn't over yet.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:53 am

Hellooooooooo. Off to Joliet to letter some trucks, then home to letter one more. That might be it for the day, maybe.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Evening folkz. Wow, what a hectic pace for today and the last couple of days. Wednesday Sharon and I did all kinds of running around and went to Mansfield to look at a potential replacement for the Mercruiser. Listing said it was white, walked in and it was dark blue, 47,000 miles on the clock with four owners, was a rental for the first year, and had the air suspension that I don't want as they had all kind of headaches with them and most had to be replaced at a hefty sum of $1000 +. Had lunch with a friend of ours while over there and came home empty handed with no Mercury. Spent the rest of the day working on my Dell laptop that was almost as slow as I am moving now while looking for more Mercurys. Thursday I went to my buddy's house then to Red Robin for lunch and came back home to work the rest of the day on my Dell. Thursday night, while hunting for Mercurys, I found a doosey. A 2006 with under 8,000 miles on it, yep 8,000 not 80,000. Not the color we wanted but what a nice car. Pulled the trigger this morning and wired the money to make it our's and now we are negotiating to get it home all in one piece during the winter weather. I hink I found the right guy...we all know him as the golf cart whiz. I will remove the Grand Marquis lettering and install the Mercruiser lettering as soon as it gets here. Well, I may wait till I don't have to freeze my fingers off!!!!! Also, sold the 84 Chebbie pickup this afternoon so things are looking up here in Ohio. Too much action for the old guy in one day. Oh yes, Dell is almost fixed with one more scan before I put it to sleep again. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Mike, the work is never done! Hey, Jack. Congrats on the new cruiser. Sounds like a plum!

Jack Redd and I are heading up to the inaugural Indoor Drag Nationals in Lebanon, PA, tomorrow. We are getting a big winter storm down here over Saturday and Sunday, so we will be escaping that (although the drive home on Sunday might be a nightmare).

Got new sites up for edrags.com and 60sfunnycars.com. Working on converting 70s and 80s Funny Cars sites, too.

Have a great weekend, everyone! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 am

Mornin'. 29.7°f Can't tell yet if it's cloudy. Off to get a cup 'o coffee.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Afternoon. 26/34 for the day with more snow coming later today. Sharon and I took my oldest brother out for his birthday last night and it was really slippery so we went close to home instead of where we had planned. I finally got to use my new snow thrower this morning as we had about 4" of snow overnight. Sure saves a bunch of shoveling and I did eight houses in under an hour while Sharon did the minor shoveling. Breakfast was next then off to church where I received a get well note from the little children of the church that was made on colored paper and signed with crayons. Whoa, it made the old guy's eyes leak. Children are so precious and we have a bunch of them at our church. Home to recover from this morning's snow removal exercise then off for a mushroom burger for dinner. Lazy day today peoplez. :D :D :D
Still need to find someone to haul my new Mercruiser from Long Island, NY so if any of youz guyz know of someone please let me know. Thanks.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi, everyone! Back safely from the Inaugural Indoor National Dragfest, but the last 25 miles were quite a challenge. Had a great time up there and put a bunch of photos on Facebook. If you follow me there, you can find some fun shots. bp
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”