Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:00 pm

Afternoon folkz. It is rather cold today but yesterday when we came out of the I-X Center the wind was ripping across the parking lot coming off of the lake and the short walk to the car was bone chilling. Old bones and cold wind = Bbbrrrrrrrrr! The motorcycle show was a real let down as it was less than half as big as a few years ago and several of the better known brands didn't even show up. I heard the same for the Detroit Auto show too where several brands were a no-show. One brand, that I had never heard of, was just a jaw-dropper. (See below) Confederate Motorcycles out of New Orleans. It left me speechless and after talking to the developer or designer it was even more so. Gary will enjoy this, I was told that the frame starts as a thousand pound block of 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum and is machined down to around 500 pounds on a CNC mill. The company went through some hard times with hurricane Katrina wiping out their facilities shortly after their start-up but with backers they survived. Look at the craftsmanship on the P51 Combat Fighter.
Okay, here is the deal. I've heard about the Go Fund Me thing on social media so I want to start a "Go Fund Gorilli" here on the board for a P51 Combat Fighter. I need $140,000 to attain my dream so I will accept any donations to achieve my goal. The youngin' should kick in some cash as I buy him pizza sometimes and the rest of youinz' or y'all as them there Texans say can help out. The sun baked Italian guy that is out in AZ soaking up all the rays needs to chime in here too. No laundered money from Uncle Guido either. I was going to give bp a break since he was on temporary leave but NOPE you're back to work now. If you get another vacation we can talk about a retro payment plan. :D

https://www.confederate.com/

OKAY, I'm waiting. :roll: :roll: :roll:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:24 pm

tic toc tic toc :lol: :lol: Jack, tic toc tic toc
Got the linear drain done. Planed the bow out of a couple studs so the tile lays flat and started on the Durock® until I ran outta' gas. :cry:
Master Bath 1 26 19 1.jpg
Master Bath 1 26 19 1.jpg (177.87KiB)Viewed 952 times
-8.1°f this AM. Clear skies, but that won't make a whole lotta' difference today. They say warmer tomorrow with snow, then back into the deep freeze. I still have a couple outside signs to install, but if it doesn't get at least a little warmer, they will have to wait. My old finner's don't get along well with 40°f. so Sub 0°f ain't gonna' happen.

Sunday morning, ''wait for Cheryl'' is in effect.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi, everyone! Good looking work and weekend activities.

Congress decided I had enough of a break, so back to work tomorrow.

Spent the weekend getting time cards in order so we can get the team paid as early as Friday.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 am

How-Dee. 32.0°f. Snowing and blowing here.

Got 4 business names lettered on the directory sign this morning, before the deep freeze hits. 32°f, is about as low as I care to go doing vinyl outside. I heated it up after application to make sure it stuck. It's surprising how well that stuff sticks in this kind of weather. Even takes a pretty good tug to pull the transfer tape off. After that I stopped by Menards for more stuff and a run through Culver's for Lunch. Back home now to knock out a couple proofs and bill the directory signs. Tomorrow through Friday are supposed to be sub zero w/wind, so I hope to use that time on the remodeling project where it's warm. :oops:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Howdy! Stay warm out there! Going to be in the single digits tomorrow night... bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:41 pm

13.6°f here @ 9:44p. They're saying Tuesday thru Sunday it may be...
T 8° -10
W -11° -20°
T 2° -28°
F 17° 2°
S 37° 5°
S 41° 33°

Not looking forward to Wed Thurs. :oops: :cry: The weekend will feel like a heat wave. Did I mention I'm ready for Spring.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 am

Got down to -0.5°f last night. Not much of a warm up today & then the mercury (not the same as Mercruiser) drops. They've already told Cheryl to stay home tomorrow, so it must be vewy vewy sewious. :wink:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Afternoon folkz. Oh boy is it going to get cold here. We are to set record low's and maybe eclipse 1994 with wind chills in the -20 to 30's. Then 50's early next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday was church and the rest of the day we just languished in a chill stage. Monday we got the new Merc out and took it to have the VIN checked, as it is an out-of-state purchase, so we could get the title changed then we went to the license bureau to get personalized plates. Sharon wanted a certain background color and when the told us the cost I almost hit the floor. NOPE, no special plates for me. Today I went to have the oil changed in the Honda then to my buddy's house so we could go for lunch. He heard of a place to get burgers and man were they good.. and big too. Home this afternoon and I will stay inside except to go to a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Looks like the rest of the week is going to be really cold so I will hibernate till better weather shows up. :D :D :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 am

Mornin'. Definitely a "stoke the fireplace" kind of day today. It was -21.9°f when I turned the lights on in the office about 10 minutes ago. Sunz' comin' up and it's now -22.2°f, waiting to see if it will drop further. Wind was howling last night, so I can only imagine what the wind chill is out there. I may have to go out for firewood, so unfortunately I may find out first hand, just how chilly it is. :oops:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:10 am

HI. The city was a sheet of ice this morning so most are teleworking. But poor Denise and Jason had to go in to work. bp
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”