Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:37 am

Good morning A&W. So hot this morning that the A/C is already on. I'm going to the Nostalgia Drags tomorrow at Mission. I'm taking the MLC to put in the Show and Shine soI get Pit parking

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Great idea, Boyd! Enjoy!

Take care, Gary,. Workplace safety starts with you! :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:31 am

Good morning A&W. So hot this morning that the A/C is already on. I'm going to the Nostalgia Drags tomorrow at Mission. I'm taking the MLC to put in the Show and Shine soI get Pit parking
Very good, I'm glad someone is going to see a race this weekend. I'm bummed, here I am in drought conditions right ? So I make plans to go see Daryl & Heidi race and the rest of the show, and WAMO !! 60% chance of showers & thunder showers Sat. afternoon & evening. :( So PJ figures it's not worth goin to Ohio just to get rained out. So I'm not gonna make it.

Oh well Martin IHRA is commin soon , I'll try that one.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:21 am

Morning folkz. We finally received some rain last night again and it was the soft, straight down type that lasted a while. I sat on the back porch about 4:00 in the morning just taking it in. Yesterday I edged the lawn with the weed eater, installed the third brake light pulsator with the LED light bulb on the 95 Honda and snaked the wire for my dash cam down around the windshield and dash so it wasn't hanging down across the dash. Liked to have melted with the sunshine blazing in through the windshield. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:37 am

On the way to the grandkids last night I stopped off at the church & applied frosted film to the office window for privacy, installed an engraved name plate & his counseling logo on a separate plaque. So, now my Saturday is free & clear. Cheryl's new job kicked in so she has the weekends off now too. What to do with all this free time.
I know I'll weed whack & mow the lawn & then get started installing the closet organizer. Yea, that's what I'll do, on this cloudy morning with a starting temp of 75.2°f. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:56 am

Hi, everybody! Cloudy here and will top out on the low 80s, so a little break from the weather. I have some day job stuff to do as always, but will try to escape outside for a bit anyway! Enjoy the weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Ooooh-WEE, ask & you WILL receive. Rain ya want -rain you got. Officially they say 2" in my town. But the thunder show was amazing!!!
It's been a while since I've heard big, long rolling thunder like last night, seemed like they lasted forever.
Today heavy gray skys but just light sprinkles off & on, no big deal.

Gas dropped to $1.95 plus we had .50 off at Kroger, so LL & I filled up both cars. I haven't paid $1.45 per-gal since I had hair. YEEE-HAAAW !!!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:39 am

Morning. Sharon and I decided to weed the flower garden yesterday after the rain we have had. We spent about four and half hours out there and the temps reached into the 80's and the old guy was melting. We rewarded ourselves with a pizza that night. More rain over night so things are starting to turn green from brown. Cool!!!!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:14 am

Got a new head for the string trimmer, but it was missing a 1.5" spacer to fit my particular model. Went out to the shop & sliced a piece of aluminum off some round stock I had on the shelf. Chucked it up in the lathe & whittled it down 'til it looked like a string trimmer part. I like this one. No more spool, just 4 slots to polk 6" sections of string into. String only slides in, when it's wore out just slide another piece in and the old one falls out. I like it.
We cleaned out the closet & cut the carpet and baseboard where the organizer would go. I framed out the spot with 1''x4'''s so I could anchor the organizer sections without having to search for studs. It hung over the crawl space hatch on my side of the closet, so I had to redo that to fit. Finally got the cabinet boxes installed. Spent the remainder of the day assembling drawers. I have an assembly bench set up in the living room. 24 of them things to assemble, I'm half done with that. Sorta' ran out of go power.
Afternoon today is the Church picnic. More food. :wink:

Sunny & 74.5°f this mornin'.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “What's Up”