Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Sounds like a great motivator, Gary! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Afternoon. More projects for Gary.... like he doesn't have enough already.
33/36 today with overcast skies and very breezy so it is a might nippy. Friday we went to Canton to pick up some food items for the Holiday Feast on Christmas then on Saturday we had our little friend and her mom plus her boy friend and one of his sons over for some gift giving. Everyone was very pleased with the gifts and Sharon was in her best grand mother mode for Lola. Yesterday was spent in church in the morning then we attended the evening services as one of our elders and his wife are leaving for a cruise to the Bahama's today and they are celebrating 50 years of marriage. Wow, they had a wonderful turn out for the meal after evening services and for their send off on their cruise. Today we went for breakfast picked up some more food stuff and came home to prep everything for tomorrow's meal. Sharon made sweet potato casserole which is almost like a dessert and I chopped the veggies. I was on the computer trying to figure out how to make Sharon's Samsung S4 Note's ringtone to last longer before it goes to voicemail but I don't think it can be done? Maybe a trip to the Verizon store is in order. Hope everyone is going to have a great Christmas and wanted to share a photo of my buddy Bear, Sharon and Lola. Bear has been doing the Santa thing for almost 18 years, Sharon for six years and the little one is our Lola.
Santa and Mrs Claus.jpg
Santa and Mrs Claus.jpg (122.27KiB)Viewed 1360 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:55 am

Cool Photo Jack.

Merry Christmas to All.
nativity oval.jpg
nativity oval.jpg (180.69KiB)Viewed 1303 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:00 am

Morning folkz. 24/37 for this Christmas day but the eating will be warm and cozy. Sharon and I got up and had some toast to tide us over till 3:00 when the goodies start rolling out. Will be stuffed like a pig by the end of the day and will take out my frustrations on the recliner when I get home. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas to enjoy family and friends. God bless. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:19 pm

Kids & Grandkids were over for awhile today. Time to call it a day.

Now don't forget, there's only 364 shoppin' days 'til CHRISTMAS :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:03 am

Morning. Okay Gary, I'm making my list out as we speak. :lol:
32/45 with some sun to warm you up a little. Christmas dinner at brother in law's house was goota and I ate my share but alleviated the sugar spiral by doing some time on the elliptical exerciser before we went there. Now my hip is refusing to cooperate with the rest of my body. Golden years my butt!!!! Going on a shopping spree today, stop for lunch then home to rescue the recliner from loneliness. Dog too. See ya. :shock: :shock: :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:05 pm

I sat at the desk this morning, contemplating what I might do today. Things are usually a little slow this time of year. I have a couple jobs to do, but nothing that can't wait until next year. Then I thought, hey, why not redo the library upstairs. It's one of those unorganized catch-all places that has so much stuff it it, half the inventory has been forgotten. It's a 16'x12' space with a small 6'x9' closet at the far end. Closet will get the same treatment, (LATER) :lol:. ran out of go power for today. The closet will be a space for Christmas decoration totes and hooks on the opposite wall to store the foyer winder' display platform I won't be able to put it away away until I make room for it. So, after some quick measurements, off to Menards I went to pick up some adjustable shelving. Got home and cleared a path around the north and east walls, put the shelves up, and then shuffled the tote containers to their new home. Pitched a bunch of stuff that we hadn't used in years. If we weren't using it, we must not need it. :idea: :lol:
There's actually room to walk around now and get at all the stuff without moving other stuff. :lol: :lol:

I've spotted a couple other places upstairs that may get the same shelving treatment. Life is so much easier when things are organized.

Tomorrow, Cheryl & I are heading to Iowa to have Christmas with her folks. Cheryl was planning to work 1/2 day, but I 'hink she's leaning toward skippin' the work thingy altogether.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Merry Christmas, all!

Sharon makes a great Mrs. Santa!

We had a nice day yesterday with lots of presents, eating, snacking, binge-watching holiday shows, and even some napping!

Did some clean up today and trying to detox from all the food. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:24 am

Morning folkz. 26/49 for the day. Sharon and I went on a shopping spree yesterday and when we got up we decided to leave at 9:30 to be in Canton by 10:00. About 10:30 we left after spending the morning talking and I guess that is what retirement is all about, just going at a pace that fits the situation. I usually take Sharon to buy new dresses and tops but she switched it up on me this time and I bought several shirts and pants. I about dropped over when I saw the prices and that was at a deep discount. Sharon asked me when was the last time I bought any shirts and thinking back it has been many moons since I have bought anything. We stopped for a leisurely lunch and headed home about 3:30. She washed everything up and I warmed up the couch for her and the dog. It's the least I could do! :shock: Today we are going to Cleveland to look at Christmas stuff and she had several places she wanted to go but I told her just the driving time to all the stops would be almost 6 hours so I think we will narrow down the list to about three stops. She has to look at everything when she enters the door and it takes eons for each little shop. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:32 am

Mornin'. 39.4°f with rain. Waiting for the sun to come up so I can take a trip over to Wilmington. I've heard reports that the guy who bought the CNC camel has it in his front yard. I've been meaning to get over there, but things kept getting in the way. We're heading for Iowa later this morning, after Cheryl bakes all the goodies for her folks. So, I figured I better get over there. Might be gone by the time we get back. The rain is light, so hopefully I can get some picx through the drops.

Return to “What's Up”