Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:02 am

Mornin'. Jack I have a horizontal crank 5hp Briggs I could bring. We could hook it up to something, somehow so we'd be self propelled. :idea: :wink:

Made it through the night only waking up a few times but going right back to sleep. My stubbed left toe is sorta rainbow colored this mornin'.
Though not as big as a basketball my leg feels like it has a basketball stuck to the leg muscle. After a few feet of walking, I break out in a sweat from pain. I could do without that. :twisted:
I guess I would be correct in saying this will be a light duty day. I have some small signs I can peck away at.

Doc said keep my activity level somewhere between too much & not enough. :wink: :wink:
Too much will aggravate it and not enough, it will seize up.

Good friend & customer of mine passed away from cancer (62). His wake is this afternoon/evening 2-8. My goal is to be there, but we'll have to see. :oops: He was a very well know guy around town, so if there's a line, I probably will have to just send a card.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 26, 2016 8:06 am

Morning. Up to 80 with showers slated for today. I got all my yard work done yesterday so I am all freed up for the day now. Mowed the grass yesterday and fixed the overhead garage door that was loose and took Sharon out for dinner with ice cream thrown in so I am on the good list!!!!!!!!!! The weather girl is predicting 80 degree weather and possible spotty showers for Sunday so it is going to be a humid one. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu May 26, 2016 10:38 am

Good Morning, grey and cool here.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu May 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Okay, I can bring a walker and a cane and I may be able to scrounge up a wheelchair.
Daryl can bring a golf cart but not big enough for all of us at once.
That will take care of the Funny Car Nats.

We may have to look into renting an armada of golf carts or mobility scooters for Bowling Green if the attrition rate of old bodies keeps up at this pace. I'm the old guy here and I think I am okay????? You youngins' are falling apart. :D
Jack remember those l o n g checker 8 door airport cars ?? We could have Daryl whip up a stretch 4 or 5 bench cart. Kinda like the one he made for Randy's crew a few years back, only double it !!! :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Hey, I've gone from working at the cutting table 5 minutes at a time this morning to a good 15 minutes tonight. Won't be long & I'll be runnin' all over the place.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 pm

No runnin for you Mister, WALK please, safety first..............................(LOL)

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:58 pm

I might need to run. I haven't told Cheryl about the Boat/Cave deallie yet. Cheryl doesn't care for caves, not only that but when she points out the reason it's, "I remember this cave we toured many years ago, & you had to ride a boat to get in there" WON'T SHE BE SURPRISED. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Then you will have knots on your leg and your HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 am

Hi, everyone. Sorry you hurt yourself but glad it's not worse, Gary!

Looking forward to hitting the DLN North Coast HQ there at Salem! I have one more day of stuff to do and I'm ready!

Had fun at work this week as the head of the General Accounting Office testified to Congress on the stuff I am personally working on. He said that I (DHS) were the only federal agency doing this one thing right so far. Felt good about that, but of course, he gave me other stuff to do as well... will be glad to get out of this fishbowl for a nice sunny weekend! Got the stitches out of my noggin, so all is good there. The docs told me that I fell the last 8 steps of the metro escalator. Still no memory of that, though...

Really looking forward to seeing my entire DL family, my old friend Bret, my old friend Bunny, and my sister Nancy might even come down with her boyfriend Zak. Nancy has surpassed me as the big shot of the family as she is a dean at Case Western Reserve Law School and was just named a delegate to the United Nations. Yes, that one! Very proud of her. Zak is an amazing chef who is trying to get a restaurant one of these days, but for now, he owns a Little Ceasars franchise. Suffice to say, there is always good eating at Zak and Nancy's place! Em might even make the trip from Chicago, but I need to verify tomorrow.

No matter what you do, have a great weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 am

Congrats BP & Nancy too. I may venture out today. Got a P.U. to letter out at "D" & then a semi tractor to letter for a customer in Joliet. Both involve lifting paper & vinyl so they are well within the light duty classification. :lol:
Then while I'm in Joliet I 'hink I'll run to Home Depot & pick up new AC unit. Our old one is still working but it's making weird noises & is an energy hog. I'll get a kid or 2 at the store to load it & Jeff ,Cheryl & I can handle it on this end.
I've been using an ice pack during breaks, Working a little & using the ice pack again. Seems to be working. I should be off the DL by DLN. :lol:

Return to “What's Up”