Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Wed May 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Howdy. Cloudy day here but seemed to miss the rain each time I went out. Hope all are doing well. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:00 am

Happy Thursday.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 25, 2017 8:25 am

Morning folkz. 67 and rain today so outside activity is not on the schedule. I have some computer work to do so that will work out okay. This has been one good spring season here in Ohio as the plants are all growing and blossoming like crazy. That means I don't have to water the plants and send my water bill into the stratosphere. :D :D :D
Daryl are you ready for pizza on Saturday??????????????????? :lol:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu May 25, 2017 11:03 am

Good Morning

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri May 26, 2017 12:31 am

Hi everyone. Just wrapping up the day. Working at home tomorrow so I get to sleep in a bit. Have a great memorial day weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri May 26, 2017 8:41 am

Wish I would have seen this earlier and I would have called Tia to give you a ring about four in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
69 with sunshine and rain so it will run the gamut of weather today. I need to get a pair of 8" rims painted for the S-10 today if it ever stops raining long enough. Yesterday I started using the Voice Recognition to load the church sign messages into Microsoft Word and it worked fairly well except it could not recognize a few words I would pronounce. No matter how loud, clearly I would talk or what ever it just kept putting something else in its place. I think Voice Recognition is a female!? :shock: At least it didn't say, "No comprende" or like the Garmin... make a U turn.... make a U turn... calculating... you're lost, I quit!!!!!! :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 am

Good Morning

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Raining again. sure glad I got the lawn mowing done last night. the ponds will be full again, pushing any planting back a few more days. :oops:
Ordered a roller rotary for the laser today. They are on backorder too. Chuck rotary is suppose to ship soon, they say. :oops: :oops:
Got the last coat on the Rainbow Preschool logo today. A little assembly and it'll be ready to install next week, I hope, if it doesn't rain.
rainbow preschool 1.jpg
rainbow preschool 1.jpg (226KiB)Viewed 778 times
Rainbow Preschool 2.jpg
Rainbow Preschool 2.jpg (242.31KiB)Viewed 778 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat May 27, 2017 7:03 am

Morning. Gary, what are the letters made of, what is a roller rotary, are you trying to confuse me????????????
Up to 73 today, rain this morning, rain tomorrow so the grass will be getting ahead of me as I just put fertilizer and weed killer on it yesterday. I sanded and painted the two 8" rims for the S-10 yesterday between the lawn work. No plans on the books for today so it will be open for discussion... oh, forgot, pizza with Daryl and Heidi tonight.
YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:31 am

Mornin'. 59.4°f Today I plan to take the TV from the bedroom and install it above the engraver soz' I can pass the time whilst' babysitting the laser. ( got to watch for fires so it can't be unattended). Then, I bought a new TV to go in the bedroom. Also have a little exhaust leak on the engraver, so I'm getting a little smoke in the garage. If I get all that done I'll spend the rest of the day cleaning the office. Gray outside and promises to be another rainy day, so inside stuff is goota' for today.

The letters are made of high density foam. Not very cheap, but goota' stuff.
http://signfoam.com/
It's the same stuff I made this plaque with on the laser. Scrap piece from cutting letters for a past job. Very versatile material.
Rt 66 PF gen 3.jpg
Rt 66 PF gen 3.jpg (256.54KiB)Viewed 740 times
chuck_rotary_attachment_1.jpg
chuck_rotary_attachment_1.jpg (21.33KiB)Viewed 744 times
A chuck rotary attachment is kind of a mini lathe with a stepper motor. It plugs into the "Y" axis and it's stepper motor turns the engraved object using the "Y" axis signal.
rotary_attachment_roller_1.jpg
rotary_attachment_roller_1.jpg (63.28KiB)Viewed 744 times
The roller rotary works the same way, but instead of putting the object in the chuck, you just set the object on the "WHEELZ" :lol:
Chuck rotary works goota' for things like bats. Roller rotary works goota' for things like bottles & glasses.

Return to “What's Up”