Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Cool! Night time mowing!

Glad to hear that Linda and Zap are visiting Ohio. Great that you guys get together! My best to all.

Finished a big workweek and working from home tomorrow. Do not have one meeting (knock on wood), so I might be able to get some paperwork done.

Having our Legends at Budds Creek on Saturday. Will have some folks from work come and visit with me there.Tia and Greg will be among them, as will Jack Redd!

The week after that is an Aquasco Dragway Reunion at a local VFD. Will probably grab Jack and go there as well. I have about 20 old video tapes from that track that I made in the 1990s. Will take those to give out as door prizes. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 am

Have fun on your drag racing adventures BP.

Mornin'. 66.7°f and more rain. Glad I Mowed last night.
In no time, we've gone from crunchy brown grass to green grass that needs to be mowed every 3 days.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 am

Good morning! Unfortunately, the Budds Creek event was rained out tomorrow. Bad weather forecast and did not want all those folks to travel that far for nothing. Got to cancel all the invites!

I am working from home today. Here is me at my day job this morning (doing it on a cell phone -- ain't the future great?)

Robins nest behind me and that little light in the window is where I usually work... outside is much better! bp
BP-VitaminD-090718.jpg
BP-VitaminD-090718.jpg (559.03KiB)Viewed 917 times
Bill Pratt

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Evening folks. 66/81 with showers later in the evening. It got up to 86 yesterday and in the afternoon it was super humid with sprinkles off and on. We have Zappy and Linda staying till the end of the week and leaving after Sharon's retirement party on Saturday. We have been traveling through out the Amish country all week and Sharon has everything planned out but does not know that her youngest son from Vegas is flying in early this morning and will be showing up as we have coffee and donuts on the front porch with our guests. I hope she doesn't fall down the steps when he arrives as she is rushing to wrap her arms around him and squeeze him. She will just lose it right there. She hasn't seen him in about five or six years so this will be a memorable moment. :D :D :D
Update: Sharon saw him come around the corner to the front porch, her mouth dropped open and she grabbed him, kissed him, pulled back and looked at him and started said procedure all over again about five times, all the while crying and laughing at the same time. :o :o :o

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:13 am

Great stuff, Jack! Great surprise! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:48 am

Happy Retirement Sharon.

I'll be laminating & trimming the vinyl in preparation for the service truck wrap & P.U. lettering job Monday. I 'hink wraps will be one thing I'll be taking off the menu when I retire (semi-retire).
The rest of the day I'll be working on the CNC project. More rain today BTW, with a 61.3°f temp to start the weekend.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Afternoon. About 66 with rain over night and periods of wet stuff all day. Wow, this week with company here and us chauffeuring them all over the place then pile Sharon's party on top of that and I am about bushed. We spent part of the morning getting everything set up in the church kitchen then all the tables covered and the food line set up and now we are going back for the party that is 4 to 7 tonight. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:46 am

60.8°f cloudy. It's Sunday. That means I'm waiting for Cheryl. :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:44 pm

:lol: :lol: That should be my regular Sunday Mornin' theme song Jack. :lol: :lol:

Spent the afternoon organizing all the hotels, B&B's and events for the 43rd Anniversary Vacation. I 'hink I have everything pretty well set up now, finally. I still have to put all the addresses in the Garmin. I use the Garmin rather than the car's GPS, soz' Cheryl can't see the screen. :wink: Got to be covert ya' know. I have the first 2 weeks packed full of stuff, but nothing for the last few days. We'll just wing it & see what looks interesting.

Return to “What's Up”