Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Looks great! I’m here to vouch that a cast-iron head will definitely weigh most things down!

Here are another attempt at sending the photos from Budds Creek. This is Google Photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EWQByDhdUwFKu91G6
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Success!!. :idea:

LQQKs like you all had a good time and some good weather. Good to see Bunny enjoying the day.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am

Mornin'. Cheryl got home about 5p last night. Time to start a new work week. Sunzout but the fog is thick. 70° so far.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:48 am

Mornin'. Still hazy outside, but no rain. 68°f

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

The Google worked for me. Great shots as usual from you. Thanks Bill!
Jack Approved!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 am

Mornin'. 66°f and sunny so far.

Yesterday I hopped in the truck to go uptown for some stuff. Without paying attention I turned the windshield wipers on as I got ready to back up since I noticed it was raining. lol. But wait, I hadn't backed up yet. :shock: :shock: Water was dripping out of the ceiling.
The only overhead plumbing in the house is above the garage for the upstairs bathrooms. And sure enough a valve under a vanity had a bad seal. I ended up tearing the wet drywall out of the ceiling and installing a couple new vanity shut off valves. I 'hink I'll just leave the drywall off for the foreseeable future to give it plenty of time to dry out. We've been kicking around the idea of updating that bathroom/bedroom as it's seen it's better days. We just happen to have some leftover tile from our bathroom. I do believe there's enough to re-do this bathroom. That might be a project for after vacation in October.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am

Mornin'. 67°f and sunny. Just another day in the neighborhood. But, that could change as the day progresses.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Turned out to be a busy day. Lettered a trailer. Assembled 2-4'x6' signs to be installed in the morning. Cut vinyl for 2 service trucks to be lettered tomorrow. Took orders a 3-4 jobs.
Installed new monitor cameras to replace the old worn out analog units I use to watch the CNC from the office and monitor the shop so I know when someone is picking up or dropping off signs. Then moved the camera for the laser engraver to a better spot, so I can see it better. Got them synced to the phone and notebook via wifi.
Installed front door, front driveway and rear driveway cameras, also to watch for customers coming and going. Sometimes they just drop jobs off in the shop and unless I go out to the shop (doesn't happen every day) I don't know I have work to get done. Those outside cameras and the 1 inside shop camera are motion activated so I get a phone alert when there's activity. Also kind of handy if I'm off installing a sign or just plain out of town.
The 3 outside cameras are also synced to the echo spot, so when someone activates a camera, Echo alerts me and puts a live view on screen. I can also use voice command to show a live view of any camera. This geeky stuff is kinda fun. A big thank you to Jeff for the tech work, as I'm more of a geeky operator than I am a geeky installer. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought about Jack during this adventure. He would have been all over this tech stuff.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 am

Howdy, Denise and I just got back from the National Cathedral, where they had an event for the Government Hall of Fame. Somehow I got on the list and we had a great time. I'll get a few pics up here. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am

Mornin'. 72°f and partly cloudy this am. Couple signs to install this morning. Then letter 2 trucks I cut vinyl for yesterday. Then pick up the dish washer that Menards says arrived yesterday. Then see a real estate co. about lettering a couple office doors. Hopefully get home in time to get the dish washer swapped out before Cheryl gets home. It has the same black front as the old one and the controls are pretty close to the same, just different brand name on it. It'll be interesting to see if Cheryl notices it's been changed. :wink: I'm sure she'll be happy when she does. :idea: :idea:

LQQKin' forward to the pics. BP.

Return to “What's Up”