Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:49 pm

4.3°f @ 9:49p. Could be we will see a sub 0°f temp by morning. No outside work tomorrow for sure. :|
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi. It was 16 degrees here today. Nice that the swampy yards were easy to walk on!

NHRA 2018 Comp Champ Frank Aragona on the show tonight. Chat you then! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:37 pm

Just got back from a wake for Willy. Until recently, Willy was the long time custodian at the church, while I was the building team leader. Good guy with an Alabama accent. Spent a lot of hours talking with him about the Church and solving all the problems of the world in general.

Then Cheryl headed to Joliet to grocery shop & I headed to Menards for remodeling supplies. It's about 5:30p and I'm quickly running out of go power, so I 'hink I'll run a quick digital print job & call it a day.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:10 am

Morning. Wow, this weather has been a bit on the chilly side lately. Last few days it has been hovering around 0 degrees at night but it is now -4 degrees with a wind chill of about -32. I do not have any Eskimo blood in me so Jack is staying inside till it gets warmer. They are calling for 40's on Wednesday with rain so maybe most of the snow will go away. Yesterday we both went to the dentist for our bi-annual cleaning, stopped for lunch and hit the Ford dealership on the way home to see if the new Mercury has any recalls. Today we are scheduled for rehab then we have to do the title bureau, license bureau, grocery store and a few other stops but when we hit the house it is inside till evening. I am down to two meals a day and my sugar count has been pretty good. With this weather I can't get outside to burn it off so I am doing some exercises to keep my blood flowing and the sugar at bay.
:D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 am

Mornin'. 22.6°f, warmer weather is on the way Jack. We're expecting 36°f with showers today, to melt some of the snow.

Looks like I have to take some time off the remodeling project and do some sign work today.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 am

Good morning! Sunny and 23. Should see the 30s today. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Freezing rain all day today, still raining now. 34.5°f.
Worked on signs until about 3p, then insulated the ceiling in the shower area, wired the new LED lights, and installed green board & taped the seams.
Time to call it a day.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 am

Morning. Up to almost 50 today with rain to help melt the snow. I am going to rehab this morning, need to stop and get some meds then over to schedule an oil change for Sharon's Honda. I need to clean the debris from the drain in front of the house so the melting snow has somewhere to go. It's sad to see our President making a mockery of his elected position by acting like a grade school child wanting his way. He has done some good things but this is absolute nonsense holding the federal workers hostage and in a situation that will undermine their financial future. I wonder how he would feel if they told him oops, you don't get any meals as the help went somewhere else to work and make a living? Order fast food like you did for the football teams. Disgraceful! :( :( :(

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Good afternoon, everyone! Picking Denise up from National tonight. She had a good trip and has her folks all set up for a new long term care facility in Omaha near her sister Dynell. We will all go out to complete the move in Mid February. I was nominated as the moving truck driver! Proud to do it, of course. Tough decisions we have to make (if we are lucky to have our folks around that long).

Jason and I enjoyed batching it for a few days. We went to Kobe last night and took a couple pounds of sushi, sashimi, real ramen, and other goodies off their hands.

Appreciate your comments on the shutdown, Jack. There are two competing bills up for a vote in the Senate tomorrow. Let's see what happens. Been keeping in touch with Tia and the rest of my team via personal cell to ensure they are OK. (They are). But not all folks are old and well-established as I am. I do worry about the younger feds. We will have lost an entire month of work, and believe me, we already had a very packed year planned out. Of course, three weeks after we are back, folks will be asking why certain things weren't done as originally planned! :)

Have a great day, everyone! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:56 pm

22.1°f @ 5:50p. Worked until about 2 and then cut the subfloor out where the curbless shower will be. I have a little under floor plumbing to re-route to make room for the lower shower floor. Went to Menards to pick up supplies and ran into an old friend/customer and we got caught up on all the news out in the parking lot, until we got too cold. Came home & found several boxes on the front porch. Cabinet doors for the bathroom. Taking a little time off, so Cheryl can make dinner, then I'll be shutting the water off to make the under floor adjustments.

Return to “What's Up”