Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:09 am

Morning. 19/26 for the day with sunshine. Yesterday it was around 24 but with the winds it was a real feel of 6 and the wind would just cut you in half if you were out for any period of time. Wow was that cold. We ventured out for some groceries, to the bank and stopped at the doctor's office to pay a bill then came home to warm up. Later in the evening we tried a place for pizza that we had received a gift card for Christmas and it was okay but not like our favorite place. Came home and watched some TV then we crashed about 10:00. Sharon made me breakfast this morning with some English muffins and we will most likely make it a day at home today. I have to change the church sign but that will only take a few minutes and my to-do list is over. Well, unless Sharon sees me loafing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gary, what is your retirement going to look like? Just a phrase or are you going to do much less? Like I said I can't see you doing nothing as you would self implode. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Got the bathroom painted and all cleaned up & wiped down. Cleaned down & Wiped up doesn't sound right. :lol: Gonna spend the rest of the day applying liquid membrane to the shower and the whole bathroom floor since it's a curb-less shower. The membrane stuff is like spreading cake frosting, but doesn't taste anything like cake frosting. :wink: :cry: Just taking a break after finishing off the first pail. I'd say it was all kinds of fun, but I'm actually enjoying the break more than doing the membrane. :shock:

Jack, it will probably be selective retirement. If the job looks interesting or is for a longtime customer I'll probably do it like always. If a job looks not so interesting, I may hand them one of my new business cards. :wink: :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi, everyone! Caught a killer cold sometime last week. Hibernating in the house this weekend. Need to get better for our trip to Colorado! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Have a safe trip BP.

We're getting heavy snow right now. Remains to be seen how much. 1-3 they say.

Got this bucket list as a retirement/birthday present today in Sunday School. :wink: That was sweet. :lol: :lol: see what I did there. :D
bucket list.jpg
bucket list.jpg (502KiB)Viewed 1568 times
and the bathroom remodel is slowly coming together. Still a long way to go.
Master Bath Remodel 2 10 19 1 copy.jpg
Master Bath Remodel 2 10 19 1 copy.jpg (939.71KiB)Viewed 1568 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:22 am

Mornin'. 28.8°f with a couple inches of snow on the ground from yesterday. Still have a green/pink glob approaching from the southwest on radar, so who knows if we'll get any more.
So, today starts my un-official retirement. I'll start my leisurely day with breakfast. Then laminate some decals & run them out to D. Then assemble 2 - 8'x8' real estate signs, (to be installed on an existing frame) when the weather cooperates. Then maybe a little advancement on the bathroom project.

Oh, and then I have to return a call from Saturday. A lady called asking if I had any office jobs available, she would like an interview if I do. I'll have to give her the bad news. :idea: :wink:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Sweet work, Gary! (See what I did, too?)

Felt better today and went into work. Had to get some things done in person before taking off for a week.

Had our friend Vic Miller on the podcast tonight. He was fun to talk to and remembered many by name.

Denise and I are flying to Colorado tomorrow night to pack up her folks and move them to Omaha. Will be a lot of work, some laughter, and probably some tears as they leave their home state for good. We are packing up and then having a moving company do the heavy lifting. Denise and I will drive her folks to Omaha, but we will have to stay in a hotel until the truck gets there and unloads their furniture, etc. Going to be quite an adventure. (And, heading right into the snow).

But part of life and any time with family is good time. Jason gets to stay at home in peace and quiet for a week! (Although we aren't all that noisy when we are here)... bp
Bill Pratt

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:02 am

Morning. Hope all goes well for you and Denise bp.
38/52 with copious amounts of rain today. That's a good thing as I don't have to shovel rain and it got rid of all the snow. Yesterday one of the neighbor's hit the sidewalks with his blade mounted ATV so all I had to do was shovel the entrances to the houses and from the sidewalk to the curb of the eight houses I always clean up. I tried to clean the headlights of the Accord as they were getting cataract type haze on them, they are shiny now but the lenses are getting crazed on the inside so they will need to be replaced this summer. The front bumper cover needs replaced as the old guy that we bought it from had a tendency to miss judge the garage door opening and whacked it several times so I may get a new one, have it painted and put it on as it is necessary to remove the bumper cover to install the headlights. Some grocery shopping is on the list and I have to pickup some meds. I'll be glad when winter is over so I can get outside again. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks, Jack! All the best to everyone! I'll try to check in once or twice during our adventure. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

We're getting freezing rain and wind. I had to go out to D to letter a p.u. and they lost power. I lettered the truck in the dark, then the lights came on when I was done. :oops: The P.U. I lettered was a repaint, just on one side. Turns out it had been stolen & they had to patch some bullet holes, incurred during the "recovery process". yikes. That one, I think, would fall under the heading of " Stupid criminal stories". :wink:

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Have a safe trip Bill & Denise.
Jack Approved!

Return to “What's Up”