Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 am

Morning, I've raised but not shining. Woke up a 3 am,couldn't go back to sleep. :x

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am

Boyd I would work a nap into the schedule today!!!!!!!!!!!

"Draglister Northcoast Nationals" VIP headquarters. Now youngin' that sounds pretty impressive. Will there be free food there???? Or did you eat it all? We will bring our chairs and the cooler with lunch meat and buns if anyone needs a sammich. We will open it only when Daryl is in Rock's pit!!!!! Don't forget to welcome my brother-in-law Bruce when you meet him. I want to make this an experience he will never forget. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Lettered a couple water trucks today. Well almost, one had a gouge in the side of the tank so they want to repaint it before I letter it. Got a call from them tonight, They have another water truck that has to go out at noon tomorrow & could I letter it in the morning? That will be #7 for the month. That's a lot of water. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yesterday putting up signs at the truck parking lot, I could here what sounded like racing going on not far away. I knew The Autbhan was nearby but never knew exactly where it was. Turns out I was right across the road from the place separated by a line of trees. :idea: Learn something everyday.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed May 25, 2016 7:51 am

Morning folkz. Up to 82 today with rain in the forecast for later tonight. Off to the Dr. for a shot then over to get the oil changed in the Mercruiser. Yesterday I fixed the landscaping lights main wire that I severed while transplanting some flowers earlier in the year. The spare tire cover in the Merc kept falling off so I took a bungee cord and anchored it for life. She'sa no gonna move now Guido.

http://autobahncc.com/

I be thinkin' Zappy would like this a bunch. Take that Chevy over and flog it Zappster. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed May 25, 2016 12:40 pm

Good morning, I had two naps yesterday. One was in Susan's Dad's ,Doctors office. :mrgreen: . Slept better last night. Today will be to organize car parts for the Swap Meet,Co-owner Dave & I are in next weekend.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Well BP I didn't want you to feel like the lone ranger so I made a trip to the ER this morning too. :oops:
I was lettering another water truck, just about done and was picking up paper because the doors were open & the paper from the vinyl was blowing around in the shop. I went after a moving piece of paper, watching the paper & not where I was walking. I stubbed my left toe on a short stack of angle Iron. Trying to catch myself with my right leg I slipped on the smooth concrete & hyperextended my right leg. (same one that has fluid on the knee) :oops: :oops: Good news they were able to x-ray both at the same time to find nothing broken, just stretched & the knee is just an old guy with Arthur Ides. You know Uncle Arthur Ides?
Just took some chemicals, so I expect to be in less pain shortly.
Got a sprained left toe & right wrist go compliment the hamstring. When I do something I do it right. :oops: :oops:

Sure felt weird, I almost went down a second time because the my leg wasn't operating like my brain said it was. That has sorts' gone away now.

I told the nurse about the two times I've done this in the past to the same leg. She turned to Cheryl and said, make him STOP. :lol: :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed May 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Morning folkz. Up to 82 today with rain in the forecast for later tonight. Off to the Dr. for a shot then over to get the oil changed in the Mercruiser. Yesterday I fixed the landscaping lights main wire that I severed while transplanting some flowers earlier in the year. The spare tire cover in the Merc kept falling off so I took a bungee cord and anchored it for life. She'sa no gonna move now Guido.

http://autobahncc.com/

I be thinkin' Zappy would like this a bunch. Take that Chevy over and flog it Zappster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Thanks for thinkin about me bro, but Zappy don't do corners. Now that long straight away looks good. But I'm a sprinter - not a distance runner.
1/4 - 1/8 - 1,000ft - 300ft - 2 wide - 4 wide - from golf carts to dragsters - front motor or rear, no matter, I'M yer guy.
But I'm no good at corners.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm

ATTN: Draglisters the DLN's are only 3 weeks away. Lets not have any more people join the "FDGB" club. We don't want any more injury's.
We are just getting BP back on his feet & now Pro is on the disabled list. That's it !! No more !! I here by declare "FDGB" membership officially CLOSED. Period.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All kiddin aside, sorry to hear this pro, I hurt just thinkin about this, sheesh !! I'm glad it wasn't broken, or worse. Hope ya feel better soon.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed May 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi ho group!! Just a FYI to those coming to the Funny Car Nats at Quaker this weekend. I have decided "NOT" to take the car up this weekend. Instead we will be crewing for Rocky.

Planning on heading up Saturday morning with the trailer and then stay the night forSundays event. Not sure where we will be exactly but it will be in the Funny Car pits. Which, this year, is on the west side/tower side of the track. We figured anyone coming could use our pit spot/trailer for a gathering spot. We'll call it the "Draglister Northcoast Nationals" VIP headquarters. :wink: Anyways, anyone coming is welcome to hang at our trailer.
A very generous & kind offer, thank you. I will bring our lawn chairs to the " D & H trailer, Draglister VIP Headquarters ".
Safe travel to all, see ya Sat & Sunday.

Gorilli, you are correct sir, the FC' show IS SUNDAY. (other than any test hits). The Bunny vs the other girl is Sat night.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed May 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Okay, I can bring a walker and a cane and I may be able to scrounge up a wheelchair.
Daryl can bring a golf cart but not big enough for all of us at once.
That will take care of the Funny Car Nats.

We may have to look into renting an armada of golf carts or mobility scooters for Bowling Green if the attrition rate of old bodies keeps up at this pace. I'm the old guy here and I think I am okay????? You youngins' are falling apart. :D

Return to “What's Up”