Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

Mornin'. Big rain and snow thaw here. Unfortunately our sump pump ground fault kicked off and we had 15" of water in the basement. :oops:
Got it pumped out. It's an unfinished basement so it's just, (I say just) appliances that are at risk. Got the furnace dried out and running. Dehumidifier has all it's electronics up at the top, so it was o.k. Took the bottom of the gas hot water heater apart and put a space heater and fan on it. Got it pretty much dried out and running. I'll need to leave the space heater and fan on it for awhile to dry out the insulation so it doesn't rust the tank. Washer has it's electronics up high too so it's up and running. The dryer, is DOA. It was buzzing, Which is what alerted us to the problem. And the empty deep freeze was floating, and is toast also. Both the freezer and dryer were on their last leg anyway, if there is a silver lining to be found. Looks like I'm off to find a new dryer. Freezer, maybe, but it's empty 1/2 the time so we will see if that gets replaced or not. Maybe with a smaller unit if at all.
Never a dull moment. :oops: :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Good Morning, it snowed last night!!! About an inch. -5c Now the snow is frozen like a Glacier. Sun's out now,but almost now warmth. Sorry about your flood,Gary. I had a similar experience years ago.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Heading out in the morning for Cheryl's procedure.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Keep me updated with info Gary.
44 this morning and up to 56 with rain all day. Sharon and I got our booster shots for pneumonia last night at the pharmacy and this morning she could hardly move her left arm. She stayed home so we stopped for breakfast, the Credit Union and then home to do some bill paying. Called the accountant for an appointment, filed some papers, payed the insurance and we will be off to do some shopping that was planned for later in the day. Have to drop off a care package of food for my brother on the way to keep him happy. A bachelor all his life so home cooked meals rate pretty high on his list. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:59 pm

Morning. A&W. It's snowing again!! What ever happened to our West Coast weather? Our lunch with my High School friends has been cancelled. Hopefully our Saturday and Sunday plans aren't cancelled.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Hello, everyone. Best to Cheryl. Worked from home. Not much to report. Hope you have a good weekend. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:39 am

Mornin'. Cheryl did well yesterday. Should be back to normal with a med. adj.
I plan to replace the dryer that is DOA from the basement flooding a couple days ago. Maybe do an outside sign job if the weather clears up sometime today. Grandkids will be over tomorrow afternoon to sheer up Grandma. And Grandpa. :wink:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 am

Morning. Glad to hear Cheryl will be okay and no surgery needed. Yippee!
46 and up to 49 today. Sharon and I had a wonderful day yesterday and her arm is feeling much better. Today is washing day and prep for her bucket next week. No other plans but I'm sure she will come up with something. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:57 am

Good Morning, We're happy aboout Cheryl's news. Lots of snow here. 8-10 inches. Our plans for the rest of the weekend are cancelled. We're staying home. I'll be shoveling a bit at a time. I have more energy but not that much. I'll have to clear the Carport roof too. Rain is forecasted so the snow will get really heavy

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Pace yourself Boyd. Good to hear though, that your able to ease back into doing things.

Change of plans. Kids and grandkids are coming over tonight rather than tomorrow for pizza & to help get the old freezer and dryer out of the basement and the new dryer down to it's new home. I've learned to pace myself too. :lol:

Return to “What's Up”