Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Zappy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Broke into 90's with high humidity, ( YUK ) then a front came thru. Got very windy dark clouds, temp dropped like a rock. But the storm fizzled out, very little rain, then nothin. Wind calmed, sky cleared and sun came out. We really need a good rain, but not today. Heat advisory tomorrow not gonna mess with that.
Got a little light headed today, not sure if it was the heat, or just needed to eat. Didn't last but a few seconds, then ate good lunch, no more trouble.

Be safe everyone, stay cool !!.............( I couldn't resist )

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:17 am

Morning. Not much planned for today as again it will be in the 90's so AC time is important. Off for the normal Friday breakfast with brother-in-law then a few minor jobs then back home for AC. Heat index is going to be around 100 degrees the whole weekend and that isn't good for young guys let alone old guys. I'm chillin'.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:12 am

Me too Jack. I have inside stuff planned all day today. The service truck I was spoz' to wrap today got called out & won't be back 'til Wednesday. So, I'll get signs done today & install them next week when it "May Be" a little cooler.
Tomorrow mornin' I head to church to start re-carpeting & repainting a room, getting it ready for a new minister coming Aug. 1. Sure hope some reinforcements come to help. Then tomorrow afternoon Cheryl & I are headin' north to do some house parts shoppin'. The ol' hamstring is getin' well enough, it's time to get back on the house reconstructing. The Honey-do-list is gettin' out of control & needs to be whittled down some. :wink:
We start talking & say when we get to this room we need to do this & that & change this & paint that. Then we talk about ..... how are we going to fit all this in our schedules. :oops:
Last edited by pro70z28 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Good morning,sunny and warm today. We sure are liking the AC in the house. Susan will be away this weekend. I have a cool story to tell but I'll do it later on the laptop

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:15 am

It was over 100 today with the heat index. I was stuck in the family room on my laptop for work all day writing reports to GAO and OMB so I didn't see one sun ray. More to do tomorrow but I'll force myself outside for a few minutes! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Good Morning sunny and warm already this morning. Susan is away for the weekend.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:00 pm

Uh oh! :)

Beautiful sunny morning here but gonna be hot. Denise and I went out to do our shopping at the local farm. Got lots of good veggies, but also a grass fed brisket. The damned thing is about the size of a large pizza! Gonna have to fold it to get it into the crock pot!

Have a great weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Sounds like a great meal is planned for the Pratt's.
I went to church & pulled up the carpet & removed all the stuff from the walls in the soon to be new minister's office. I needed to fill some nail holes, so I headed to Menards for some hole fillin' stuff. When I got back another guy had shown up, so I filled the holes & left him to do the taping of the trim. I told him I'd be back later to give the holes a second coat. Cheryl & I took off for Joliet in the truck, looking for a closet organizer. The A/C died, and it's hot today, so we stopped at Menard's for a can of cold juice. Recharged the A/C in the parking lot and then off to IKEA. We found what we wanted, got it to the loading area and started loading. I stepped off the curb & the shoe lace from my right foot caught on the shoe lace hook of my left work boot. I went off the curb & landed flat on the asphalt like a felled tree. Shoved my glasses into my face and both hands into my chest. oweeee. Somehow I knew on the way down this wasn't going to end well for me. :oops: So, I have bruised ribs, two sprained wrists, a stiff neck and a few assorted bumps n' bruises here & there. I sure have been beatin' up on myself lately. Good news, I still have a few of those super duper pain pills from my torn hamstring, so I'll be just fine at least for the next few hours. I guess just don't bounce like I usta'. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:47 pm

OMG! Gary.Sorry this happened

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:52 am

Morning. Gary you are your own worst enemy lately, you can take a break from that anytime you want to buddy. :shock:
Whew the heat is killer around here with the temps up to 97 yesterday and 90's for today too. Helped my brother-in-law with his spouting yesterday then doing some measurements on the property he is going to buy and all about noon in the heat. I came home and sat down for an hour to recoup. No work today as I am giving me a day off. AC here I come.

Return to “What's Up”