Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Played around with the laser this afternoon. Grandkids are soooo scary. :wink: :wink:
Pumpkin 1.jpg
Pumpkin 1.jpg (184.66KiB)Viewed 1056 times
Pumpkin 2.jpg
Pumpkin 2.jpg (151.91KiB)Viewed 1056 times
Pumpkin 3.jpg
Pumpkin 3.jpg (166.07KiB)Viewed 1056 times
Pumpkin 4.jpg
Pumpkin 4.jpg (212.63KiB)Viewed 1056 times
Pumpkin 5.jpg
Pumpkin 5.jpg (171.63KiB)Viewed 1056 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 am

Rolling out a new work week @ 58.3°f and cloudy. There's a feel of fall in the air.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:10 am

Morning. The first one resembles Alfred E. Newman?????????????
65/80 today with sunshine and a slight breeze. Yes! Sharon and I stopped for breakfast yesterday before church and when we came home we attacked our projects. Mowed the yard, planted yet more bulbs and stopped about 4:00 to get cleaned up and head out for supper. Went to Hardy's and it was closed because of power but the lights were on so I don't know what that meant? Up to Massillon for a sandwich then home to hold down the swing on the back porch. We got up this morning and started cooking bacon so that and coffee started the day off on the right foot. I looked out on the front porch and there was a little package of candy corn and pumpkins in a baggy for Sharon from Lola. I told Sharon she had a package on the front porch and she puddled when she picked it up and read her name scrawled across the front with "Lola" on it then her mommy sent a voice text to Sharon with Lola telling "We left candy on your porch" and Sharon was a slobbering mess. I don't think she will be right for hours. The best things in life really are free. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 am

Yea, that's Ethan and at his age (not quite a teenager, but acting like one) making faces for Grandpa's camera is not cool. I just happened to catch this fleeting pose. :shock:

Got the second trucking co sign installed last night. When I called to see if the lot gate would be open after hours they gave me a owner/operator truck to letter, so that adjusted the schedule some. The sign supplier was nice enough to bring the missing sign panels yesterday afternoon, (they only deliver out this far on Thursdays) so I'll get that second sign face done and head off to install it today. Then home to fire up the CNC to cut the chiropractic sign.

They're blacktopping the shoulders past our place this morning. Another step in the downtown improvement project. Grant money stops at the RR tracks about 3 blocks north of us, so this is sort of a "we're not forgetting the south side" type of improvement. Well, the goot'a news is, it should knock a couple seconds off my lawn mowing E.T.'s. It is threatening rain. I have to install the real estate sign today, so I wanted to wait it out. But, I better pull the trailer out and around to the back before they get here soz' I don't get boxed (asphalted) in . :idea:
S Broadway shoulder 9 2 2018.jpg
S Broadway shoulder 9 2 2018.jpg (367.41KiB)Viewed 964 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Scratch that. They're just doing a patch job on the road down the street. LQQKs like my lawn mowing ET's won't be improving anytime soon, at least for the time being. :cry:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Awww nuts. You just need Daryl (the youngin') to build you a Suzuki motor for the tractor and ET's will be obliterated. :lol: 69/77 for today with sunshine then turning to overcast skies later in the afternoon. We worked again on the garden and got some much needed paper work for our health insurance and 401 K done too. We knocked off early in the afternoon to clean up so we could pickup the vinyl fence for the church and stop for supper before coming home. We sat on the back porch for some time and when it started to rain rather heavily we retreated inside to safety. We have one maybe two days left in the garden and it will be ready for winter to set in and get everything in order for spring. I have a guy coming tomorrow with a chain saw to clear some branches for me and later in the day we have Bible Study to attend. The new Freddies opened up today and we came by on the way home and it was a nut house with cars backed up to the road and the lot was full to overflowing. We won't be going there for a while till it settles down some. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Got the sign installed. I be pooooooped. :shock:
Advantage 1.jpg
Advantage 1.jpg (276.29KiB)Viewed 922 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Evening. 64/80 for the day with a start of overcast skies that turned to sunshine. We got a late start today and had most of the bulbs planted by noon when my buddy showed up with his chain saw to do some trimming for me. We took the fencing down to the church with us when we went for Bible Study in the afternoon and plan to go back down tomorrow to plant some bulbs, spray weed killer and check out where to place the newly acquired fence panel. We have to pickup Lola from school tomorrow afternoon so what doesn't get done in the morning will wait. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:27 am

60.8°f Cloudy. Yesterday I had the schedule whittled down to just a CNC sign for a Chiropractor and a truck, with a whole week to get them done. Now I've added 100 signs for a new truck parking lot, (don't have to have them all done before we leave though he says), a truck & pavement roller, 75 engraved plaques and decals for some awards. 10 tree nursery signs and a couple 4x8 signs along with 4 stop signs for the new transport plant in town. I put the p.u. out on the driveway to letter a stake bed truck and people started stopping by, because they saw that I was home. I need to close the doors and turn out the lights or maybe just say I'm already on vacation. :wink:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Sharon's mother passed away last night. She lived a full life and at 86 years young was still going strong with her travels and parties with the girls at the church. Never had many health issues so she enjoyed her time till the end and died peacefully sitting in her favorite chair. I hope we all can have that luxury when our time comes. Sharon was doing fairly well last night till we came home and had a message from little Lola across the street saying, "I'm sorry about your mom but you have us to take care of you now, can you come live with us?" That made us both cry. Out of the mouth's of babes comes such heart felt love. Pray for my sweet heart as her heart is broken and bruised. :cry:

Return to “What's Up”