Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 am

Yup Jack, they have a nice operation out there. I hope it does the local economy good and helps a lot of people in the process. Win, Win.

I be laboring on labor day today. Fun stuff though. Cutting out parts on the CNC for the CNC. Sorta' like a robot regeneration itself. :lol: :lol:
Cuttin' out parts for some coroplast racks too, so I can organize the shop a little more and keep the coroplast from damage.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Wow! What an amazing truck! Happy Labor Day, everyone! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:39 pm

That's their show truck they use for promotions and displays like company picnics. I've seen it at their other plant a few times, but never close up. It is show quality right down to the last nut & bolt.

I got the material racks put together today, but the shop is still a wreck. Goota' job for tomorrow. :wink: Got the parts cut out for the Vac platform, but that will have to wait for another day. I'm runnin' low on ambition. At least the sheet material is organized now. No more diggin' through the pile to get to the stuff I need for a job. Never fails, it's usually the stuff that's buried the deepest that I need.
Shop Material Racks 5.jpg
Shop Material Racks 5.jpg (173.96KiB)Viewed 744 times
Shop Material racks 1.jpg
Shop Material racks 1.jpg (168.28KiB)Viewed 812 times
Shop Material Racks 5.jpg
Shop Material Racks 5.jpg (173.96KiB)Viewed 744 times
Attachments
Shop Material racks 2.jpg
Shop Material racks 2.jpg (159.37KiB)Viewed 812 times
Last edited by pro70z28 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:59 am

Time to fire up the short (maybe) work week. If Cheryl's brother's trucking schedule works and if rain stays out of the forecast for Northern Iowa, we'll be headed for Iowa to rebuild some steps. Jeff will be staying home to mind the fort and do that work thingy. ALexa says they're under a flash flood warning for today, but Friday/Sat looks to be low 70's to upper 60's where we'll be buildin' steps. :idea: :wink:

Here it's 79.3°f @ 9am. Looks to be another hot one today with 90's, but the temps are supposed to taper off as the week continues. T-storms showing up with the cooling temps.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 am

Morning. 71/92 again today. It was 71 when I got out of bed and went out to work on the 84 pickup's gas tank. I wrestled with that thing for 3 hours and was dripping wet and still never made much head way so I quit. I am drained of all energy and need to rest for a while. Sharon is doing some last minute things in prep for company coming tonight and we are going to Canton to pick up the food for her retirement party on Saturday. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Looks good, Gary. A little cooler here. Only hit the low 90s! :) Denise is out with teacher friends at Trivia Night, so Jason and I are chilling. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:31 am

bp chillin'... me too now. Another cooker today with temps in the mid 90's and humidity at max. It was 88 at 11:00 and suffocating. I watered the plants while Sharon did some stuff inside and when I went to come in the house the door was locked or so I thought. Here the mechanism in the door broke so here we go again with a project that needs fixed before our Zappy and Linda arrive in a few hours. Robbed the mechanism from the front door for the time being as we use that door much less and all is well in Ohioland. Went to Lowes and they didn't have the mechanism that I needed so bringing up Amazon to see if I can get it there. Stopped at the coffee shop and got an excellent egg and cheese Croissant on our travels. Waiting for the guests who text us and said about 12:30. Okay, down time for now. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Buildin' steps got pushed back a week, had some logistic problems on the Iowa end. Turns out to be a goota' thing, as the truck parking place I do signs for from time to time, is going from a half full lot to 3 full lots, like right now.He said you'll have more work than you can handle, :lol: and I thought oh boy just what I need. :shock: :( . So, instead of getting organized for the trip tomorrow, I'm hustling to get signs ready to install tomorrow. Did I mention I turn 66 in Feb. :idea:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:08 am

Rain this mornin' with 68.7°f for a temp. Got everything cut out for the truck parking signs. Some assembly this am, get them installed, then home to print the wrap for a service truck & cut the vinyl to letter a p.u., scheduled for Monday. Sprinkle a few smaller jobs in there and the schedule is filled.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:23 pm

O.K. , so the neighbors probably think I'm nuts. I mowed the lawn tonight with the mower lights on. Didn't even know they still worked. :lol: :lol:
They're actually pretty useless. I got more light from mowing past the porch / tripping the motion sensor. Got it mowed, so mission accomplished. Sounds like rain in the forecast for the next few days and it was just about at baling height already.

Return to “What's Up”