Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 pm

HI, everyone. OK day at work. Em came tonight to pick up some laundry that she left over the weekend. The family room flood cleanup continues. Just smells and loud sounds of dehydrators running. No signs of the rain stopping though. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:32 am

Mornin'. A cool 64°f to start the day, not a cloud in the sky.
Hope things start drying out for you soon BP.
Continued thoughts & prayers for our fellow DragListers, Boyd & Susan.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:50 am

Good morning. Broke last year record of 29 days. So far this visit at the “All The nothing you can eat Resort is 31. Big surprise when Sue showed up with all the loot you wonderful people sent me. Thank you so much the tribute poster is on the wall. I really laughed at the MLC photoshopped in front of the A&W

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:19 am

Glad you got it and got a chuckle out of it Boyd. I googled Langley A&W images, so I was hoping that was THE famous A&W?

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:55 pm

I HURT

It is common knowledge that women want to talk about everything and go into detail about how this is or that is and why it is or what it is and they can encompass all of these things in a circle of words and end up with no concept of what the fix may be. Men on the other hand will listen, construct a plan and get it done. Seems simple to us to just FIX it. Also, when a man knows another man well enough they can greet each other with an off hand pleasantry or maybe a barbed comment about how the other looks or how much weight has been gained but after that they can sit side by side for hours on end and say nothing at all and enjoy the other man's company.
I had a dream last night and it was about Boyd. We were standing by a truck (MLC.. I don't know for sure) and we just looked at each other with a sense of knowing and I said to myself, “I don't know what to say?” I know Boyd as a friend and part of the Draglist family, we've talked of his past racing experiences, I've sent him emails telling him of my concerns, we've exchanged pictures and so he is a part of me and today it hit me as I was at lunch how much he means to me. Wow, I had a rough time holding it together as my eyes began to leak.
We, as men, are taught not to say we love each other but as you get older you realize how important a friend is in your life and how precious life is as our own time begins to draw to a close. Neither are we to hug each other or to show affection but old age and wisdom overrides what society says is normal so that we can express how we feel towards each other and do just that.
Boyd I've told you before I can't fix this and none of us in the Draglist family can fix this but we want you to know that we all love you and Susan. Consider all of the men sitting on your bed with you, not saying a word, and all of the women around your bed doing their best mother hen impression and tending to your every need and loving you as only they can. Today I hurt in a place that drugs can't reach, which is my heart, but I wanted to let you know how important you are to not only me but to all of us.

From all of us to both of you. God bless.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks Jack, for putting into words, what we are all feeling. God Bless Boyd & Susan.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Sharon just came home and I read her my post and she is crying. We can't wait till she retires and gets out of the factory and told me through her tears that she wishes the calendar would speed up and get to her retirement day then said that Susan probably wants the calendar to come to a complete stop.
More profound words could never be said in both situations. Sharon sends her love to Boyd and Susan in these times of troubles. :cry:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi Boyd and Sue,

Ditto what Jack and Sharon both said, couldn't have said it any better. Love you both so much, Cheryl

PS - whenever I drive past the hotel for Cordova, I think of you guys and the "May Flies" when after all the years they landed on our windshield, I finally know what they are after Sue told me. :)

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Sharon and I just reviewed the police report for my accident in PA. It follows as such:
Unit 2
Drivers last name - Garl First name - Jack
Address - Dover, OH
License state - OH
Vehicle year - 2003 Vehicle make - Mercruiser
License plate number....
What? What kind of car is a Mercruiser????????????????????? :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:37 pm

You got em Jack lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “What's Up”