Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Zappy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:22 am

BP sounds great wish we could be there. You enjoy !! & HI to the kids.

Now Gorilli, ya got to get up pretty early to curtail the 'ol Zapster. Did a little two-step around Ohio on the other side of the lake, and Waa-Laah!!
presto change, now ya see me - now ya don't. Did NOT pass Toledo, did NOT collect $200. HaHaHa!!!

Well we made Shediac, thanks to catching some 110KPH 4 lane divided today. Nice road, very light traffic. Changed time zone. And enjoying the 30% exchange rate, WOW!!!

Tomorrow we must be getting some desert, the girls are talkin about takin them to PEI.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:31 am

Mornin'. 66.9°f this am. Cloudy but no rain.
We've got Octoberfest here this weekend & Cornfest in Morris next weekend, so I have a bunch of parade stuff to do today, banners, float skirts n' stuff.
Lettered a belly dump trailer last night & it got dark on me. Mosquitos came out & all I had was some sunscreen. It worked!! :idea:
Well, I better get at it. 16 days 'til launch.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:25 am

Good morning. We're back home. Now to get used to the time change. Go to see Sue's Dad in hospital,then a Doctor appointment for me. Unpack,laundry,etc etc.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Drat it all, I'll get you my little Italian hot pepper!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to leave early this morning for an appointment on my shoulders. My arms have been falling asleep or tingling when I lay on either side at night and it has worsened to the point that I can't even sleep half the time. Scheduled for a doctor that sticks pins in your nerves to locate the problem so we shall see. Went for lunch in Youngstown then stopped at Summit on the way home. I could spend my life's savings in that place and not fill the truck bed!!!!!!!!!!!!! A couple of sets of heads would cost more than what I payed for the S-10. :D

Happy Birthday to our own bp. Still a young'in but a good guy.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Happy b'day BP.
Got the panels cut out for the characters I printed yesterday. Sanded & painted the edges & then seal coated the print side so it will stick to the luan better. One time use units, so I'm trying to do them as cheap as possible. Gotta' make stands for them yet & assemble. Deliver tomorrow I hope.
They got the ceiling joists installed today across the street. Looks like they're going to stick build the rafters rather than use pre-built trusses.

We've had 3 different people stop here over the last few days to get our comcast cable buried under the road. Each person said someone else has to do something first & they leave. :oops:

16 days.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:48 pm

We went to PEI today & surprise, it wasn't about desert at all. Turns out it's an Island. Beautiful !!! Took the girls to some writers house (Anne of Green Gables)..? Apparently most 12 yr old girls love this Anne & have read her books. To get on the island we crossed, ....now let me get this right....
The Longest single bridge over salt water in the world. 13 Kilometers.

Another surprise, to get off the island, it cost $46.
Also today we went into Nova Scotia, another new province. Tomorrow we head for Quebec province. Gonna check out the St Lawrence Seaway.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:34 am

64.6°f and sunny again. Looked a lot like rain several times yesterday. Got dark wind came up, but no rain. It did sprinkle once, but not enough to be of any consequence. Must be drying up out in the fields as the combines are running.

15 days.

combine.jpg
combine.jpg (226.58KiB)Viewed 355 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 am

Morning folkz. Wow, that unit probably cost more than my house? 88 and sunny today. I am taking the 91 GMC out to a friend's garage to bleed the brakes and hopefully this brake nightmare will be over. The old girl is going to be finding a new home as soon as I get the body finished and painted. If I can break even on the purchase of the S-10 I will be happy. I have to build some shelving for a guy at church and get that project out of the way. Also, need to buy tips for the pressure washer to get going on washing down the house and garage before winter set in. I need more hours in the day! :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Good Morning sunny here.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:46 am

Morning. The temps going to 89 today so I will retire early. Brakes are done so progress is being made. Picked up an old Westinghouse headlight display/tester unit, at the guy who helped me with the brakes, for my brother's old gas station he added on to the end of his garage. Breakfast this morning then who knows what? :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”