Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Boyd, do you folks still have a lot of Snow? Cheryl's folks were still getting heavy snow just a couple weeks ago in northern Iowa. Still not much planting going on there because the fields are too wet.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 am

Mornin'. 61.9°f. Ordered a new winder' AC at Best Buy last night. The last one was all of 2 years old (1 year warranty) and it died late last summer. Turns out it had glued line joints rather than mechanical, so the vibration eventually makes them leak. When it leaks, your (I'm) out of luck. They don't even make replacement parts for the boat anchor. :oops: :oops: Got a Frigidaire this time which seems to be our best chance at longer term service, according to reviews. Bought a 4 year extended warranty, that will replace it with a new unit if it goes the way of the last unit, so we're good to go at least for 4 years now anyway. We have hot water heat so our AC options are limited. They make ductless units that are a hybrid version of central air, but I just don't have the time to mess with that right now, too many projects as it is. Picked up an electric grass trimmer as I'm tired of the gas unit not starting. Although I did order a new carb for the gas trimmer, just soze' we'd have a backup.
Cheryl's about ready so.....off to Church we go. :wink:

Oh.....and just for those that hafta' know........
http://www.xmasclock.com/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sun May 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Good Morning. Daughter Karly's birthday today. Won't get to see her since she's in Calgary. I'm going to the first caah show of the season. Not taking the MLC.
Gary the snow is in the mountains of B.C.'s Interior Lots of extra water in the Creeks and Rivers. The Fraser river is well north of us,so we are alright. The river near us is ground water sourced,so isn't affected by snow melt. We had very little snow here this winter and it was gone in a day.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi. Super nice here today. Hit 73 at one point. Threatened rain all day but didn't happen and finally, the sun broke through. Hosted a nice couple from Toronto who I know from the FatSecret site where I blog about weight loss, etc. Had a wonderful time in old town Alexandria. Thought of you all of course while I was there! Enjoy the week! Bill
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon May 07, 2018 7:49 am

Morning. bp, did you take them to the Ye Old Tavern or whatever that place was?
53/70 for the day. Saturday I finished the pinstripe on the Honda then cleaned all the tar and road grime off the bottom half while it was on the rack and applied the Ohio State Buckeyes logo on the back bumper. As soon as I get the pictures downloaded from Sharon's phone I will post them. Mowed the yard before Sharon got home and I was wiped out. We went for pizza and stopped for donuts on the way home. It doesn't get much better than that for a diabetic but do to all the work I had done my body was needing a refuel all night long. Sunday we meet Steve for breakfast at Burger King then went to church. When we got home we weeded the dandelions from the lawn and part of the garden before we exhausted our energy then crashed for the afternoon. These six day weeks that Sharon is on is really draining her energy but she only has two more then she is going on her four day work weeks till she retires. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:50 am

Mornin'. Starting a new workweek at 55.6°f and sunny.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon May 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Good Afternoon, Today would have been my Grandfather's 125 th Birthday. He passed away in 1988 It's odd how I still miss him at times.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon May 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Hi, Jack. No, we did talk about that place, but unfortunately, the king (owner and lead actor) passed away from cancer within the last year and they closed the venue.

We got to see one of his final performances together.

Happy birthday and fond memories of your grandfather, Boyd.

Good show tonight with Steve Gibbs. Wish I was in California next week to see his Nitro Revival at Laguna Seca. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 am

Morning group. 44/77 today. BIL is bringing my truck back this morning and we are heading out for lunch. Yesterday I spent four hours weeding the flower garden as it has been neglected all spring and I was tuckered out when I finished. Sharon went to the lady's Bible class last night and the dog whined till she got home. I just watched some music videos on YouTube to cover the noise. We are going to vote tonight then up to Dayton Nursery for some plants. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am

Crappy nights sleep. I’ve been awake for hours. Meet my new Dermatologist today. The last one retired. None in Langley now. I have to drive a fair distance to this one

Return to “What's Up”