Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 am

Mornin'. No typie this morning. Keyboard batteries needed to be changed. :idea:
67.5°f and drizzle. Alexa says thunderstorms today, but hopefully it'll stop tonight, as I would like to install the trucking co. shop & office signs tonight, after work when there's no traffic to contend with.
Got an EEO board to finish this morning & then a bunch of political signs to do. Don't do a lot of political signs, but it's for a friend of mine. Well, for his Son actually. Then cut vinyl for a van tomorrow, if that fits the van owner's schedule.
Ordered a photo slide/8mm movie scanner that should be here tomorrow. The Kids & Grandkids are asking questions about family history. Jenni & J.D. are thinking of doing some ancestry.com research this winter, so I thought I'd dig through the analog archives and make some digital copies. I've got slides of when the kids were little, when I was little, when Dad was in the war (WWII) and everything in between. There are thousands. Hope the scanner will bring the old slides & 8mm movies back to life. I made an 8 track copy of the 8mm stuff we have, but that was in the 80's. Did it by projecting the movie on a white wall & videotaping from that. Then made copies of the 8 track for family members, but that process really degraded the quality. I have hi hopes for the new technology. Hopefully the cellophane 8mm is not too brittle. It hasn't been off the reel since the 80's. :oops: At least the scanner looks like it would be a little more gentle on the film than the projector used to be. Feeds straight though.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Change of plans. Cheryl and I are at the ER. Her knee has been bothering her lately and tonight got a lot worse. So they just did an x-ray, we're waiting on the doctor now. :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:05 pm

We're home. Medication, day off tomorrow and a doc appt. a week from tomorrow. Tendonitis is the preliminary diagnosis. On the way over Cheryl said, I don't care if I have to go on crutches, we aren't going to miss vacation. :wink:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:53 am

47.4°f and cloudy. Nose to the grindstone. 16 days & counting.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 pm

Just got home from de-marking a couple of asphalt rollers. It got dark on me out in the lot, but I got em done. I'm pooped. Nighty night.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:58 am

42.3°f and cloudy to start Thursday. Today I take down a real estate sign that needs to be put on a new property. Run to Menards to pick up lumber for another sign. Come back home, hopefully the sign blanks have been delivered by then, so I can assemble signs for tomorrow & Saturday. Then I run Cheryl to the doc, (got here appointment moved up) to see about her knee issue. Then back home for small group and finish off a couple smaller jobs.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Everything went according to plan.....until it didn't. An expected order of vinyl that the vendor confirmed by the carrier to be delivered here, now turns out never left the vendor. :oops: Then a sign substrate order from a different vendor, different city even, dropped the ball and didn't put my order on the truck. After apologies they said they'd deliver it tomorrow. :oops: :oops: When it rains it pours. I hope they get here in the morning and not after another day it gone.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:07 pm

Gary, it seems like when it is crunch time nobody else wants to help you uncrunch stuff???
It got up to about 70 degrees today and was overcast all day then started raining about an hour ago. We have spent the last couple days outside tending to the plants and cleaning some flower beds out for new plants. We have been doing about a five or six hour stint each day and the flower bulbs and tubers have just arrived this week. Sharon received a flower book about nine months ago and wanted to redo our flower landscape and she ordered a bunch of stuff that showed up and some that won't be here till next Spring. We have bagged or boxed up several items of stuff that was already here and will be placed somewhere else or reinstalled in the original location but they had to be dug up as the bulbs were crowding each other out and were not growing well. Throw in a Wednesday afternoon Bible class and picking up our little girl at school today and it has been a jammed packed few days recently. I hope it gets nice tomorrow so I can mow the lawn and then I am heading a project for a few neighbors in the next few weeks to power rack our lawns and then aerate our lawns. We will put down sand, mulch, seed and fertilizer to prep the lawns for the winter and to get a jump on next years grass. The fence company called today and the section of fence to hide the AC unit at the church is in and I will have to pick that up and get it installed soon too. I need another me to help me out. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:52 am

Jack, you're spoz' to be retired. Sounds like you're just tired. :lol: :lol: or should be with all that activity. We had small group last night, but it was a lite crowd. A couple people were on Grandkids watch as they had school sports and a play to go to, 1 couple wasn't back from their South America trip yet and another was under the weather. Doesn't sound like they'll meet again, until we get back in Nov. Wow, the end of the year sure is closing in fast.
Cheryl got a cortisone shot in her knee yesterday at the doc's, so she's off 'til Monday to give it a chance to settle down. The doc is confident the shot will fix her up and Cheryl says, whatever it takes to get it fixed in 2 weeks. :wink: She's still sleeping, so we'll see how she's doing when she wakes up. She said I think it hurts more now after the shot, as we were headed back to the cahh. I told her, based on my past experience, it could get worse before it gets better, until the cortisone kicks in. Inflammation doesn't like to be poked with a needle. So don't be discouraged if it doen't get better right away. But it will get better. Then when it does, don't do too much too soon because you'll feel better than you really are. Got to take it slow.

This morning I'm running down to Reddick to reinstall the sign I took down yesterday in Braidwood. I'm hoping by the time I'm done there, the MIA sign blank order will be here. If not I'll run down to Gardner and install the framing for the next sign. A lot of extra running around doing it that way, but at least I'll be getting some of it done. I hope they get here soon. 14 days 5 hours from now, I won't care. :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Got the Gardner framework installed for the billboard. The collar on the hydrostatic auger worked loose, so when I pulled the bit out of the ground it separated. Ran back home to check with the parts store for a new key for the shaft, no luck. 3/8" square is too big for an auto parts store apparently. Implement dealer is 1/2 hour away. So, I went home, found some 3/8" flat stock and made my own. back to the site & finished the install. Got home, still no sign blanks. :oops: :oops: Gave them a call and they said the driver was 1/2 hour away. He must be driving slow, cuz' 1/2 hr. came and went. Sky is gettin' darker all the time, so I sure hope he tips the can and gets here soon. :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :|

Return to “What's Up”