Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:39 am

Morning. Zappy he is trying to rub it in... and doing a fine job I must say!!!!!! :lol:
Temps at 31 now and up to 36 later today with partly cloudy skies. I just found out it is Friday the 13th and it is a full moon so I think I will lock the doors and pull the shades. Not that I'm superstitious but I'ma takin' no chances buddy. Went for breakfast with my BiL and then over to pay our property taxes, a stop at Drug Mart and the grocery store. I stopped in at Ollies to see what was new and bought a couple of books, silicon spray and hard pretzels. I am set for the weekend. Have a good one everybody. :D :D :D

Hope Gary is all fingers on deck after today. :wink:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am

Morning sunny -8c. Don't feel up for going for A&W this morning. I haven't left the house since Monday.
Last edited by Novel-T on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:59 am

Good afternoon folkz. 35 today with periods of snow and sleet. Yuck. We took my oldest brother out for dinner last night for his 79th birthday. Baked pork chops, baked potato, green beans and apple sauce. Sharon and I stayed up till 11:00, which is late for us, and then slept in this morning. After breakfast she finally got to start putting the Christmas decorations away as she has been sick or hurting from back spasms the last few weeks. I asked her what I could help her with and she told me to go back to the computer room. Now that is something I can handle. :D :D :D
I hope Gary is okay???? Boyd too as he hasn't been feeling to well.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Still morning here sunny -7c. I'm feeling a bit better. I'm not sure if it is just the cold,or the new medication /cold. Doesn't matter. I'm feeling better :mrgreen:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Glad to hear folks are back on the mend. Went from 70 degrees to freezing rain last night. Might get the Christmas decorations down this weekend, too. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Good Morning

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello. 32.9°f. @ noon:40. :lol:

Got the surgery done. Doc said there was more damage done to the nail beds than he first thought, so they may grow out a little different than the O.E.M. units. Other than that, things are going according to plan.
They wrapped the fingers a little too tight and the meds they prescribed weren't strong enough, so we made a middle-of-the-night run to the E.R. They were pretty busy @ 2am, so we were there for a little over 3 hours. Finally got things sorta' under control.

Time for another dose, throb, throb, throb... :oops: :arrow: :arrow: Later.

Stir crazy day, so I made a finger cover for the splint. Now if I bump it a little, I won't bump the nails. :mrgreen: Then I got this idea. Pull a mold off my left hand index & middle fingers, and add 'em to the cover. :lol: :lol: just cuz'.
finger splint 5.jpg
finger splint 5.jpg (183.38KiB)Viewed 660 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Gary, people will see that and exclaim the you could dip those fingers into the bottom of a peanut butter jar to clean it out!!!!! :lol:

Up to 42 today with overcast skies. OT on the arm this morning then stopped to pickup a few items for home and breakfast after that. Home and loaded up the snow tires for the S-10 and will have them mounted tonight or tomorrow night. No plans for today but the temps are headed north of 50 for tomorrow and several days beyond so I will be outside working on the truck. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Morning,it has warmed a bit here.May start raining by tonight. Tried to login on the new Racers Reunion,but haven't been able to. No E-mail back yet from Jeff. I may miss tonight's show.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 am

Morning folkz. 56 degrees outside right now!!!! Rain is very light and is to increase this afternoon. After my reading session this morning I started to sweep the carpet for Sharon and nothing was coming up so I started to investigate and had to tear the whole sweeper apart. I finally got it working and it will suck the nails out of the floor. Well, not really but works a whole lot better than before. An hour plus working on the machine and half an hour doing the task at hand. Sounds like some of the cars I've had. No plans for this morning but up to have the snow tires mounted on the S-10 later this afternoon and then taking Sharon out for dinner after her massage therapy. I found out that with my insurance plan I can get a membership to the Y for free. Sounds good to me. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”