Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 am

Mornin'. 20.8°f with flurries this morning. There's about 2" of crusty snow on the ground as most of our storm precip. came in the form of rain. It's supposed to warm to the mid 40's by the weekend and then drop back down to start next week.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 am

Morning. 29/33 with a dusting of snow this morning. Up and had coffee, took care of the neighbor's dog while they are on vacation in FL then off to the doctor's for Sharon, grocery store, over to her mom's house to disassemble the kitchen table so it can be moved to my brother in law's house and breakfast before heading home. Sharon's hair appointment got cancelled for today so we are free for the afternoon. I have a few things to list on Craigslist and a few minor repairs inside so I will knock them off too. Nothing exciting going on today. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 am

It was in the high 30s here all day. Will be the same tomorrow. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 am

13.5°f this am, but the sunzout, so it should rebound some. I got the go ahead to install the 100 truck parking signs yesterday. I've had them done since before vacation (when the temps. were much better) :oops: Turns out the posts they fabricated are made out of 1" rebar. :shock: So, I have to fabricate some brackets to mount the signs. Hopefully the weather will improve by the time the brackets are done.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:57 pm

but the sunzout.

Reminds me of a guy I use to work with, he was a boxer in his early years and had a bent nose because of that but didn't do too well on the wining side of the sport. All his buddies that worked there said that his dad would always say, "Son's out" when they saw the sun coming out. He would laugh and shake his head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:20 am

Evening folkz. It made it all the way to 25 today and up to 37 tomorrow. I had to go get blood work done today then home to pickup Sharon and head out for breakfast. She was attending to the dog while I was gone and we hit the road. Stopped for breakfast at B & K and had bacon... yum. We stopped on the way home for some groceries and made a pit stop at my oldest brothers to see how his new knee is coming along. That old guy sure is tough. Home and I was on the computer while she did some Christmas decorating then a guy called to buy mom's lawn mower. Back in the house and Sharon decided she needed some more decorations from the basement so down and up and down and up and ........ we went. Thank heavens Christmas only comes once a year. Off to Bible study at 3:00 then home again. I installed a 64 GB micro SD card in my phone and tried to figure out several apps on it too. Days just aren't long enough!!! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:09 am

Mornin'. 29.8°f with a light dusting of snow overnight. Off to letter 3 semis this morning. Then home to cut some decals I printed yesterday. Or I may run down Kankakee and pick up some pipe and flat stock to make the brackets for the truck parking signs. All depends on how soon I get back from doing the trucks. Small group tonight, Cheryl has been decorating the last few nights. I 'hink she's ready to give up now. We haven't decorated this much for Christmas in many years. She says it's my fault for building the carolers set for the foyer winder' & increasing the capacity of the fireplace mantle to hang more vacation ornaments. :shock:
Tomorrow afternoon, we head to Branson to see Samson at the Sight & Sound Theater. They say it'll be in the 60's down there this weekend.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:59 am

Mornin'. 30.6°f and dark.

This is unusual, I'm waiting for Cheryl on a weekday. :D I'm taking her to work so I can pick her up directly from work today, so we can get an earlier start on our weekend. Heading for Branson to see Samson at the S&S theater @ 11am Saturday, then 4pm to the Showboat Southern Belle for dinner & Show. Back home Sunday.
When I drop Cheryl off, I have a truck to letter down the street, so I'll be haulin' her to work in the truck. Then back here to finish the decal order I thought I'd have done yesterday. :? Pack up the caah and head back to Morris, acquire Cheryl and roll on down the highway.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:16 pm

BTO - Roll down the highway.

Let it roll down the highway
Let it roll down the highway, roll
Let it roll, let it roll, let it roll
Let it roll, let it roll
Let it roll down the highway, roll, roll
Roll down the highway
Let it roll down the highway, roll, roll, roll
Let it roll down the highway, roll, roll, roll

Made it to the lower 40's today with some sunshine. Went to breakfast with my brother in law then helped him move a few items from moms' house. Couch and dinning table are the only things left and he is taking care of that this weekend. Came home and helped Sharon decorate the front porch and we got cleaned up and headed to Red Lobster for an early dinner. We stopped at Lowes on the way home for a spotlight bulb for the front porch decorations and I just got done installing it. It is now chill time for all of us and some dog time for Suzie Q. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:59 pm

:D :lol: :lol:

We're in St Robert MO tonight. Steak at Ruby Tuesday hit the spot. A 2 hr trip in the morning will put us in Branson. Busy day tomorrow. Time to unwind.

Return to “What's Up”