Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Good afternoon. Sorry for the tummy troubles, Jack. I had a challenging day yesterday myself. Better today. Beautiful day here. Sunny and low 70s. Windows all open. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:09 pm

WOW!! Pro you always do amazing work. I know yer getting real excited about yer VACA. I just got home and it was perfect. LOVED touring CANADA.
The weather was super & the people were SO nice. Well except Quebec, they hate us Americans. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in French. Menus, road signs, TV, & radio. Once after scanning the radio channels, I heard what sounded like a country - western song starting, but when the singer started....IT WAS IN FRENCH. I said "That's it Linda put in a CD", so we slid ELVIS in and away we went. (LOL)

Oh and Jack, I made it as you can see.
No problems-no tickets, no sir ree.
I did a Texas two step & a doe see dooh.
I completely slipped by O-HI-O.

I cleverly kept a buffer - between me & thee,
and most folks call it, the great LAKE ERIE.
I slid across Canada on the 401,
5 & 10 over from sun to sun.

The sky was clear, not even a threat,
only one time, did it even get wet.
Across the nation, east to west I flew,
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Isle too,

The people were wonderful, so helpful & true,
when we needed help, there was nothing they wouldn't do.
I loved the accent, Linda's cousin did too
When I helped a lady with a wheelchair, she said Mercibacoo.

The food was great & everywhere clean, from bathrooms to public parks, all had a gleam.
Now I draw this to a close with nary a fret,
in hope that when you read this,
you laugh till you WET !!

Z

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:54 pm

ZAP, I changed my shorts & then ordered two air vent phone holders. They aren't charging docks, but I may be able to remedy that. If not, we'll just have to plug them in manually, :lol: :lol: At least it's fast, hit send on the keyboard and a finished product is delivered a couple days later. Really, the last thing I need is to add yet another project to the "gotta' have this done before Oct 7th" list. :oops:
Cheryl may be getting off at noon that Friday, so I have to go back to the drawing board and adjust day 1 a little. Just means we'll have time to make an extra stop or two or three.
I bought a GPS mount that fits in the CD slot and works out well for us as it is up out of the way and we can both see it. Don't know if they have the same for phones or not
I can only find those for 1 phone, we're needing two stalls, but we have a lot o' buttons & knobs above & below the CD slot and the touch screen, (that Cheryl just has to play with) would be covered up. There aren't a lot of void places to put two phones. I was going to put them on either side of the console, but even that becomes a thing to bang you leg against. Nothing worse on a Looong trip than something you keep bumping into, time & time again. Usually we just plug them in and lay them on the console, but even that becomes a problem if I have to shift & then there's the cables getting tangled up or dropping between the seat & console. Did I mention there isn't much spare room anywhere? I'll find out Wednesday if they'll work.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:46 pm

How about something like this????????????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCT-LIVEWIRE-TS ... 1520524258

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Oh my little Italian sausage stuffed friend, so sly and slippery thou dost not owe me any nannerz, fer now, and you have such a way with the words to make us so happy. Welcome home sir. :D :D

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:15 am

Hmmm, "little sausage stuffed" ...I wonder if that's a nice way of sayin "I'm full of it" ?
*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Pro yer gonna love travel this time of year. Temps are pleasant, rates are low, crowds are small. (except if ya happen to run into 2 cruise ships), & fall colors are starting. Have a great time & keep us posted.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 am

Morning. Gary, Sharon is getting excited about your trip but I told her she can't go along.

Up to 74 today and hopefully some rain is on its way. Crock pot of chili is simmering for tonight, need to change the tires on my 95 Accord and list some stuff on Craigslist. I need to replace the gas shocks on the cap of the S-10 as every time I get in the bed the window comes crashing down on my head. Ouch! Sharon sits there and laughs. Off to breakfast with my buddy this morning as he has to come down in my area to get his supply of oxygen bottles for his trip to Cruisin' the Coast in Mississippi. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:33 am

Jack I'll post pictures, it'll be (almost) like she's there.
ZAP the last 3-4 years the foliage has been mostly green when we leave and turns during our trip, sometimes even a little past full color by the time we get home. This being our first full 2 week vacation I'm sure it will be that way again, No matter which direction we go. That's a hint. Well, about as direct a hint as I give Cheryl.

12 days, well technically 11 1/2.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:49 am

Good morning sunshine again. Susan's Dad is still in hospital. That's where we'll be today

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Hope he is doing OK, Boyd. We are doing OK here. Hope all are doing well this week. Had fun on the show tonight but man, those 30 minutes really leave me wanting more from the guest... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”