Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 am

Mornin'. 27.7°f and dark. Just finished breakfast. Time to start the day.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:54 am

Good morning! It won't hit 75 again, but it's sunny and we are heading for 53. Denise and Jason are out and about and I'm hunkering down for some paperwork catch up from the week. Have a good one, friends! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:21 am

Gary, the bathroom remodel is finally taking shape, goota job. Those temps in the 70' sure were nice for a change.
36/41 today with some sun peeking through the clouds at times. Sharon and I went shopping for groceries then for paint trays and wood glue so I can repair the steps before they come to lay the carpet. Stopped at the tile section and saw some amazing new stuff that we could use for our backsplash and eyed up the wood flooring too. We stopped for lunch at a pizza place that has delicious Stromboli's and it was yummy. Came home and chilled for a while then surveyed the yard and all of the debris from the storm and it looked like I never touched it several days ago. Back to the raking in a few days .... again. I am going to work on the steps today while Sharon does some cleaning and the rest of the day is open for other things. Maybe I will take her for a steak tonight? :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Thanks Jack. I be a tired pup tonight. I have it all tiled but for 2 sheets of mosaic tile and the trim around the door. Might do that tomorrow afternoon, just to get the tiling done. I was short a couple sheets of mosaic tile, so I thought I'd just have them ship it rather than drive the 1.2 hours each way to pick them up. Nope, they wouldn't ship them :oops: so I ran up there this afternoon and got em. :oops: :oops: . I have most of the gout done. Then caulk all the corners and touch up a little paint and it'll be time to start on the vanity and storage closet. I cheated and bought the doors I never got around to making. I plan to refinish everything and I have new hardware to install to give it a little different look. I took the old spindle and rail moulding off around the top. so we can install something a little less dated. Getting a little closer, slowly but closer to the end.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:39 am

32.3°f. They predicted snow for today. Yikes, they got it right! We have about 4" on the ground any it' snowing very hard right now. The weather is going in the WRONG direction.

BTW: It's Sunday morning, so I'm waiting for Cheryl to get ready. :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am

Wow. That's crazy. Sunny and 50s again today. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:06 pm

5p sunny, 44.5°f and the snow is already gone except for a little in shaded areas. 40's, 50', 60's ahead for this week. :idea:

Thought I'd finish up the tile this afternoon, shouldn't take long?? :?: :idea: 10P and finally done. :shock: But hey, It's done (except for grout & caulking).........and that makes me happy.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Evenin'. 32.0°f but it was close to 50 today and sunny. Spring is in the air. Well, til' we get more snow. :wink:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:53 am

Morning. 24/47 today and getting warmer all the time which I don't mind at all. Yesterday we went to the hospital for my blood work for Thursday's Heart Cauterization procedure then stopped at the accountants to have them fix a mistake on our city taxes. Back home and finally had a cup of coffee before I went to my buddy's house for lunch. After lunch we stopped at Harbor Freight for a new air compressor and some tools for him. I just went and picked out the tools as he was deciding which compressor he wanted to purchase. Back home and Sharon and I went to get some ice cream then stopped at the carpet store to pay for our new carpet for the steps. When we got home we watched the NASCAR race that we recorded on Sunday. I had to look at the info on which meds I am not allowed to take for two days prior to the Heart Cath. Today we have another company coming to give us a quote on the kitchen remodel and then we have another one coming within two weeks for another estimate. We stopped to get gas and use our gas points for Giant Eagle food stores and paid $.89 a gallon for 30 gallons. Both the Honda and the S 10 are full with an extra 20 gallons in cans so that should last us this month and most of next month. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 am

Mornin'. 25.0°f to start this Tuesday. I thought I'd spend a little time cleaning up the bathroom since the tiling is done. Ended up working on it 'til 4p. At least I have a clean room to mess up again. :lol: :lol: Today is a recycle day, so after knocking out a couple little sign jobs, I plan to break down all the tile boxes and get the garage & shop cleaned up a little. With a clean shop I'll be able to stain & finish the new vanity & storage cabinet doors.

Return to “What's Up”