Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 am

Morning freezin' Draglisters. :lol: :lol: :lol: on the Global Warming oh Italian one.
When I got up it was 3 degrees and after a few hours I thought I better go warm up the S-10 before I go to my therapy session for my elbow. It had dropped to 0 degrees at that time so out I went and the ole S-10 said, "NOPE, nada, ain't no way Jack." Luckily it was 30 minutes till my appointment so up to the garage, drag the jump starter down to the house, stretch out the extension cord, nope too short, back to the garage for longer cord, plug in the jump starter, start truck, go in house and try to thaw out as the wind chill is now -13, long underwear is working good, tell the dog how lucky she is as she doesn't have to go outside, shut truck off to try and restart, okay, get brain freeze from sucking cold air, truck rides like a jacked up 4x4 as the shocks will not function at such ridiculous temperatures, make it to appointment with 5 minutes to spare. Thank heavens I don't have to work in this horrible, or as the New Englander's call it wicked, weather. Life is good or goota!!!! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:31 am

I'm spoz' to install a ryder on the Church sign in Minooka for Thursday service hours, but they said don't bother until it warms up. I was going to do it Ann E. Way but a trip outside just now had me changing my mind. It's out in the open with no wind break and I have to haul all the stuff on foot a good distance to the sign. The rest of the jobs today are inside. Those I can do. :wink:
Inside door handle for the truck should be here tomorrow from Amazon. That's the handle that snapped off in the cold Iowa deep freeze. :oops: :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Good Morning, it's warmed up to 6c raining.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Good afternoon! Still cold here but not what you guys are experiencing! Jason was off today so he got to stay home and stay warm, too.

Have a great weekend and bundle up! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Pro Z use yer head, this stuff is dangerous. Do the inside stuff, they said wait on the weather, so do it. Warmer stuff is on the way. They're talkin hi 30s to possible 40 mid week, and you usually get weather first.

Gorilla, we broke a record low from 1924 last night. So I waited till afternoon till it warmed up to 1*. Got the mail and all cars started, thank GOD.

I am SO done with winter, give me Sun & sand!!!!
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Unfortunately 20's for daytime highs, is all we can expect for the next week, unless things change, but I've never heard of a weather forecast changing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Took my laptop to JD tonight to get rid of some gremlins. He's running his anti-virus software, and has found a few so far. Should be back in business and I'll pick it up Sunday.
-3.1°f at 8:32 pm and falling.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:21 am

Morning folkz. -3 degrees without the wind chill so it is nasty out there. May venture out later and see if the S-10 will start? The weather forecasters are saying maybe up to 50 degrees next week but we will wait and see if that comes true. Sharon is on Saturday work schedule till further notice so I prepared her bucket material for her this morning. I am researching some 30" monitors and hopefully will get it narrowed down today along with ordering our smart phones. I have to go into my phone system and blacklist some telemarketers that have called recently.......Goodbye fellows!!! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:45 am

It's much warmer than that here Jack. We have -2.6°f. Sunny and calm. Hope the truck door handle comes today. Probably spend the day reorganizing the office, a nice warm inside job on a cool outside day.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Good afternoon! Sunny but cold today. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:00 pm

They claim low 40s Wed. & mid 40s Thursday ? And I'm gonna hold tem to it.
[ but I'll believe it when I See it ]

my phone says -4 right now.
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

Return to “What's Up”