Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Had a nice day after Thanksgiving, Mostly just hung around the house, snacking and watching movies.

Have a great weekend and then back to work for me next week! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:04 am

Morning. Up to 49 today with heavy rain this morning then tapering off to intermittent showers in the afternoon. Yesterday Sharon was fixing all the goodies for Thanksgiving and we were waiting for a phone call from her brother. About 11:00 he called and told us he was getting released so we put everything away and went to pick him up. We got him about 12:30 and took him to get his new prescriptions, I stopped at AutoZone to get an inline fuse for the GMC and took him home. Back home and Sharon was in full prep mode with the food and we loaded things up for the "Big Feed" and showed up about 4:00. I seriously tried to not eat too much but the pumpkin pie was calling my name and I caved. Today is a relaxing day as we have been rushing around all week. Daryl and Heidi are coming down for pizza and a movie tonight so the evening will fly by. We always enjoy being in their company. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:22 am

46.9°f cloudy, overnight rain.
More decorating today along with digesting the last couple days plant & animal intake. I cut this out of acrylic yesterday and glued it together this morning. I've had this setting on the hard drive for a good 10 years. This year was the year to dig the file out of the archives and get-er-done.
1/2" acrylic is so old I had to soar the protective paper with adhesive remover to get it to come off. Blue & red acrylic is 1/8" with digitally printed images. Still have the wood base to make. Tomorrow Tomorrow the power supply and LED strip should be here to edge light the acrylic.
Jesus is the reason 5.jpg
Jesus is the reason 5.jpg (138.86KiB)Viewed 1103 times
Jesus is the reason 4.jpg
Jesus is the reason 4.jpg (161.5KiB)Viewed 1103 times
Jesus is the reason 1.jpg
Jesus is the reason 1.jpg (151.09KiB)Viewed 1103 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:36 am

That's cooooooool. Can't wait to see it in lights. :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 am

Mornin' all. Sunday morning = waiting for Cheryl to get ready............again. :lol: 37.3°f with snow later today. They predict a dusting for us, but over a foot north of Chicago. We shall see what falls.

I made a base for the sign yesterday on the CNC. I used oak on the bottom and red cedar on the top. Odd combination, but this wood has been on the shelf collecting dust for nearly 20 years. They were big enough pieces to fit the project so, that's what I used. The LED lights & power supply are supposed to be delivered today. If so, I may just finish it off and call it done.
Off to Church, Probably going out with the group for lunch somewhere. Then we need to pick up new lights for the Christmas tree. The old lights seem to be MIA. :cry:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Howdy. Chill day before I have to go back to work tomorrow. Rained most of the day.

Nice sign, Gary. Great work as always.

The pies were calling me on Thanksgiving as well, Jack! All gone yesterday! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks BP. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We're getting rain and slowly dropping temps., but still in the upper 30's. Last night they said we may get a dusting, now they're saying anywhere form 4" to 10". I think the best indicator will be to just look out the winder' tomorrow.
The power supply came today, so I finished the sign. It didn't turn out quite like I had planned, but it was an experiment so it is what it is.
BTW, we stopped by Walmart and picked up more lights after lunch today. Went home and Cheryl promptly found the MIA strings of lights. We got enough light now, yup we do.
Jesus is the reason 6.jpg
Jesus is the reason 6.jpg (167.38KiB)Viewed 1060 times
Jesus is the reason 9.jpg
Jesus is the reason 9.jpg (166.12KiB)Viewed 1030 times
Attachments
Jesus is the reason 7.jpg
Jesus is the reason 7.jpg (199.33KiB)Viewed 1060 times
Last edited by pro70z28 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 pm

That is an amazing sign and amazing work Gary! Jesus is the reason! Amen!
Jack Approved!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 am

Happy Cyber Monday morning. 46/48 today with rain then the temps are heading into the basement. Yesterday we did breakfast then church but headed straight home as I had a guy coming to look at the 84 pickup. No sale so we washed the windows of the GMC and I cleaned the dash then we hauled another load of mom's stuff to the garage. Inside for the rest of the afternoon and I relaxed while Sharon packed for her North Carolina trip with her sister. Ended the evening just lounging and watching TV. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:43 pm

Howdy all. Warmer here today. I think we actually hit the 50s. Cooler for a week starting now but then into the 50s again in a week. bp
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”