Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:58 am

I think Denise is a keeper bp. Good to see most of the family together on Turkey Day. Raining and getting colder as we leave for Sharon, PA. A very light breakfast then we shove off. Cap'n Jack over and out. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:53 am

Good Morning.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Took all day, but I finally got the entry door trimmed out on the outside. I had to build it out around the brick, which took most of the time. I have a little caulking to do, filling pin nail holes N' stuff. And I have to get the doorbell remounted. I 'hink I'll have to put some bird spikes on top cause they'll love that ledge. They used to sit on the brick ledge over the door & that stuck out a mere 1/2". Gotta finish the weatherstripping around the last garage door before it gets too much colder, Then I'll start building scaffolding to reach the winder' above the entry door. That'll be a project. You can sorta' tell by the picture the foyer winder' has seen it's better days. Foggy between the panes.
house entry door 7.jpg
house entry door 7.jpg (137.19KiB)Viewed 299 times
house entry door 6.jpg
house entry door 6.jpg (184.95KiB)Viewed 299 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:05 am

Looks beautiful. Got the Christmas lights up (the inside will be tomorrow). Went and saw the movie Victor Frankenstein. Pretty good. Had a sushi dinner out... home and relaxing now. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks BP. Never had sushi before, what does it taste like? Now, don't say chicken. :D

I plan to put up the Christmas lights outside this afternoon. I have to mount 2 laser lights on the maple palm tree out front. Looking out the office winder' I 'hink I see the perfect spot. there's 2 lower branches that were about 3-4" in diameter. There's a stub of each left, should make a good base to screw the mounting bracket to. This is Cheryl's week to work the weekend, so maybe I can have then up & running by the time she gets home. :idea:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:49 am

Morning. 46 today with cloudy skies. Sushi sounds good .... even for breakfast! Gary if it doesn't mess up the astetics of the porch a wind chime will keep the birds away. We had to hang one on our backporch to keep them from building nests all the time. We do have some wren nests but they are in the Boston Ferns hanging from the porch. We have to leave them up all year for the birds so in the winter they look a little shabby but so be it. Our trip to Sharon, PA was interesting. We stopped at the Sharon Hot Dog Shop so Sharon could have a coney dog, Reyer's Shoe store which claims to be the largest shoe store in the States, the Winners ladies apperal store, Kraynaks Flower Boutique for the Christmas display which runs the length of the store for about 200 feet, Daffin's Candy store with sculptured animals all in solid chocolate (350 solid chocolate turtle) then stopped at a little joint below Akron and had perch and JoJo's that were delicious. Good day

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Good Morning,still sunny here at the ocean. Went to a local play last night.Highly entertaining. I plan on any lights on the house or the front yard this year. I haven't replaced the one stolen last year.BAA HUMBUG. I may put a small tree on the front porch. I'm not sure if thieves would have the balls to come that close.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Jack funny you should say that, they're on the wish list. We've had chimes hanging from the lattice on the back shed porch since it was a porch & miss the sound of them, we plan to replace those also. They were home made units made from copper tubing, probably do the same thing again.

Yea, Boyd I hate to admit it but a big part of putting the lights high in the tree is to deter thieves. Sad but true. :cry:

This afternoon I have to make 2 perfectly fine new galvanized garbage cans look old. They're props for the Christmas play. The lighting guy needs a hole put in each also, to run lights to them to look like there's a fire burning in them.
Then I have to go to Christmas practice tonight. Sue, a good friend of ours, asked if I would play the part of a wise man, how could I turn her down? She's a sweet lady & has a way of asking that makes it hard to turn her down. It's a non-speaking part, very key to my accepting the role. I don't expect there will be any oscar nominations forthcoming. :oops:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Well all I can say is that she has a quality talent for placing the right people in the right part. You are a wise man Gary, in many ways. Why don't you just put some Nitro in the barrels and light it? That would give it the correct patena in no time and it sure would look like fire... real fire!!!!!! :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Auw shucks Jack, Hopefully the costume comes with a beard & a wig, maybe even some dark glasses. :lol: :lol: I was wondering how I could make the burn barrels really look like burn barrels. So I rattle can sprayed them in gray to take away the shinny galvanized look, then I gave them a heavy coat of red oxide & black primer & promptly lit them on fire. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: By the time they went out they looked very very authentic. :wink: :wink:

Oh & before I did that I took a hammer to them, beat the top edge down & caved in the sides a little.
burn barrels.jpg
burn barrels.jpg (144.76KiB)Viewed 267 times

Return to “What's Up”