Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:10 am

Morning. Cool trailer Gary.
55/88 so we need to get things done in the morning. We cleaned the windows in the S-10 and in the cap I put RainX on everything. I can't get my arm in between the cap and cab so I thought RainX would do the trick. After that we pulled all the furniture from the back and front porch to stain the railing then stopped for lunch. Later in the afternoon we had to do some shopping and pick up the little girl across the street from preschool. That pretty much killed the day then we went to Bob Evans for supper. Even did some ice cream before we came home. My sugar went out of sight and I had to do some work on the elliptical to get it down. Today we are going to the new bank in town and the little girl's mom is going to give us the grand tour. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:11 am

Thanks Jack. If I said that project was drag racing related. I'd be "Lion" :lol: They liked it so much they gave us a Chamber of Commerce gift certificate as a bonus. So, now I guess we'll have to go out to eat someplace within the county. :wink: :wink:
2 trucks and 2- 3'x16' signs on the agenda for today. Then some proofs for next week's festivities. 3 weeks from today, God willing, all this work stuff will be in the rear view mirror. :arrow:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 am

Jenni & the Grandkids came over last night for a little while. We grabbed a watermelon from the garden and had a good time. JD was off with the football team as he has to video vape the games. They won handily 30 something to 7. Today is a workday, trying to get the schedule caught up before Vacation. (20 days).

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Howdy, everyone. Busy day and night lately. I turned 60 yesterday, so I'm catching up to you guys! Denise and Jason took me out for a nice steak dinner and Em called while we were there, so it was perfect. Got called to testify in Congress for the work we are doing to streamline IT acquisition, so that should be fun. First week of October, I think. Going to go out today and wash off the pool cover and get ready to close up the 'pond.' That happens on Tuesday. Brandywine VFD tribute to Aquasco Dragway tomorrow. Sunny out. I need to go and take advantage of that.

Great pics and updates, Gary! Howdy, Jack and all! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Afternoon folkz. It was 61 when we got up and only 63 now so it feels a little chilly out there compared to 91 yesterday. Sharon even wanted to go inside for our morning coffee today. After breakfast I went up to the garage and installed a Reese hitch on the S-10 and all went well with three of the bolts but the last one needed some persuasion with a C-clamp to bring it into alignment so I could get the last bolt in. I then started to remove the decal down the side of it as part of it was falling off and I never liked it anyhow. Got the cab done but the bed part will need a rubber wheel to persuade it to come off. I worked on the neighbor lady's Kia as the left taillight was not working but to no avail as it must be a relay or computer glitch.
Back to the hitch situation, this was the second hitch they sent me as the first one was bent where it mounts to the frame. Now how in the world do you bend 1/4" steel plate in shipping? It was only about six inches wide where it was bent and that just amazed me how it could get bent.
We're off to Lola's (our little one across the street) birthday party at 4:00 so Sharon can get her grandma fix for the day. Those two are like twin sisters as when they get together everyone else is forgotten. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 am

It's Sunday morning again, so that means I'm waiting for Cheryl to get ready again. :shock:

A cool 47.1°f with sunshine this morning. This is my favorite time of the year. Not too hot, not too cold, just right.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 am

Good morning! 62 and rainy. Unfortunately, the Brandywine VFD Aquasco Dragway event was rained out, so I wont' get to see Jack Redd and my other Maryland drag pals. Oh well, I have work to do anyway. Have a good day. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 am

Sorry the event got rained out BP. Rolling out a new work week at 54.0°f, sunny & calm.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 am

Morning. You haven't had much luck with the last several events bp. They might not invite you anymore as you always bring rain?!!!!!
57/67 for the day with showers coming later this afternoon. We are going for lunch with Sharon's sister Pammy and her husband as it is Pammy's birthday. All the shrimp you can eat is the special so everyone but me will be happy. Back home and I need to clean the gutters on the duplex garage, remove a tire on the Astro Van and put the center cap back on, and remove all the plants from in front of the porch as our new bulbs arrived and we need to get them in the ground. Yesterday we edged and mowed the lawn then took the glass out of several aluminum jalousie windows so we could scrap the aluminum frames. We finished the day off with pizza and a movie here at home. This morning I had an Italian breakfast sandwich (rolled up slice of pizza) with my coffee. Now I'm starting to talk like Zappy's uncle..Guido. Ehh forget about it!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Yes, and next weekend is supposed to be beautiful. Maybe if we don't announce it!

Lots going on this next week or two. Congressional testimony is on 10/3. I get to do a bit more public speaking at a big event at National Harbor on 10/4. Tomorrow my team and I will present our division and buy pizza for the other folks at work. Last year we did a Lion King theme. This year, we are the Incredibles (the cartoon). Gonna be fun. Back to National Harbor afternoon for another IT event. Too much day job fun for drag racing, but today got a new disk drive in the draglist server which should speed up this page and the rest of the site quite a bit.

Have a fun week! BP
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”