Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi, everyone! Had fun yesterday with all my folks and then we did it again today with all of the Office of the CIO (about 170 attended).Went to a Brazilian streak house and ate a lot! Had a good time. Working from home tomorrow and then one more week before taking off a week for the holiday. Sunny and nice today. About 40 for the high. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Doc Appointment early in the am so I'll say monrin' now. Then hanging a bunch of signs at the truck parking place. Will be cold, as it's out in the middle of nowhere. :oops: Fun Friday :?: But it will get better, as we're going to play with the Grandkids tomorrow night. :!:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 am

Back from the doc already. First in for the day, so it was a no wait in and out appointment. I like those.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Afternoon folkz. Up to 31 today but it was about 10 degrees this morning. I went for therapy on my arm this morning at 8:00 and just got home at 12:30. I stopped at a buddy of mine who has a auto repair shop where he was to look into a code on my S-10. I took two different vehicles for alignments to another shop for him and just got home. He was swamped to say the least. The code was a faulty pressure sensor in the fuel pump unit he just replaced so it is on order. Gary, I don't envy you having to work out in this cold weather...bbbrrrrr. Hope Boyd's treatment went well today. bp, an eating experience in one of those Brazilian streak house's is as close as one can get to total gluttony. We did one of those in Nashville a year ago before the Draglist Nats and what a selection of meat and all the trimminz. Oh the grilled pineapple is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 am

Morning. Up to 41 today with a slight chance of snow but most if what we have should be gone soon. The dog and I are without supervision today as Sharon had to work so I hope things don't go south on us before she makes it home? The lady that lives across the street called, she needed to go to the grocery store, and her daughter wanted to come see Sharon. I told her I could take care of her but the little one felt I was no substitute for Sharon. End of story. :( I need to go to the grocery to pick up stuff for Sharon's bucket and then come home to do some computer stuff till Sharon walks in the door. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 am

Got the bedroom pretty much done, just a little more moving in to do. With the back accidents I've had over the years that haunt me and acid reflux, Cheryl & I decied to replace our 2 decade old bed with an adjustable base bed (that's the excuse story we've been going with here). Well, one thing lead to another and we ended up tearing out the carpet, that was showered with glass during the tornado & replaced it with a laminate floor. Cheryl has alergies so replacing carpet with more carpet didn't seem like a good idea. I boxed in the hot water heat runs in the crawl space under the master bath & bedroom and insulated the floor joists, so the hard surface flooring isn't cold. We re-painted the lite green walls with sort of a light tan/gray color. We finished it off with a digital print of Piks Peak in CO for an accent wall. I took that shot during our 39th anniversary trip. Of all the places we've gone so far the mountains are our favorite. We now have one more room checked off the tornado renovation list.
In the morning, when it's still half dark, the indicator light on the smoke detector looks like a star on the horizon. :lol: :idea: This photo is about 3 years old, but I didn't notice until I blew it up for this project that there's 3 hickers walking along the shoreline, just above the right outlet. Problee' should make those ground fault outlets, now that they're in the water. :lol: :lol:
Bedroom wall sm.jpg
Bedroom wall sm.jpg (182.52KiB)Viewed 2920 times

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 am

Good Morning, 3c rain. I'm feeling the drafty cold old 1924 house this winter more than ever. I wrap up in a blanket to watch T.V.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Okay Gary, you did it this time!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Of all the people that should know the codes you should. Any "hickers" withing 20 feet of a smoke alarm without ground fault receptacles is not up to code in your town. That may seem goota to you but not so pretty much with the code book. You don't behave and I will send the youngin' out there and you will have to feed him for a week!!! You don't want that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:30 pm

OH NO, NOT THAT. We don't have enough cupboard space to hold that much food. :wink:
Got a new baseboard heater cover installed in the guest bathroom. Metal baseboards and bathrooms don't mix. I've replaced it 2 times in the past. This time it's a polycarbonate cover. No more rust & no more maintenance I hope. Knocking off the to do list projects, but the list is so long I don't seem to be making a dent in it. Oh Oh did I say dent? Now I have to fix that..... :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:43 am

Mornin. 29.7°f and dark so far today.

Return to “What's Up”