Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Howdy, all! Good stuff! Fun day today. Worked until 4 and then had dinner with my friend Andy, who has the boat I went out on a few months ago. Denise and Jason picked me up from the metro and we are chilling. I did NOT bring my laptop home with me tonight! Will sleep instead! :D bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Hope you have a restful snooze BP. Jack we had to book to make it to the hotel so we didn't see the night lights, although I've seen photos on the net. Saw plenty of lights around the place though & thought it would be cool to see at night.
Forgot to mention, when we went to hear Charles Stanley, we struck up a conversation with an older (yes older than me) gentleman and when he asked what I do, he said, interesting. He bought 3 sign companies years ago and merged them into 1. So, we talked shop for awhile.

We headed for Florida, stopped off at the Boss Laser plant, picked up a proximity switch for the laser and got a tour of the place with Mike, the guy that sold the laser to us. Up until now, I only knew him through emails. It was good to put a face with the emails.
That put us about 45 minutes from an old high school buddy, I hadn't seen for a good 30 years. We had a lot of catching up to do. Cheryl & I are planning to go to his church on Sunday. He and I have the same job, keeping the Church grounds repaired. However, his job is a little more involved as he does it as a job, I just play at it part time. We went out for dinner and closed the restaurant down, as time got away from us.
Tomorrow we'll spent the day at the Kennedy Space Center. That should be fun.
BTW: The hotel we're staying at was originally owned by a group of astronauts until recently. I'll take a photo of the sign that lists them when I get a chance. We're only 5 miles from the Space Center.
See Ya'll later.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:39 am

Morning. I did NOT bring my laptop home with me tonight! Will sleep instead! bp, are you feeling okay?????? Good stuff Gary, seems like we are on tour too with your constant input.
Boyd, you didn't get a mouth full did you? 39 now and 71 headed our way with sunshine. Off this morning to do some maintenance work at the church then over to the bank and home. I have a bunch of Verizon Reward points that expire on Nov. 1 so I have to get all those used up in a hurry. I just found out that I had them about two weeks ago. I want to wash the S-10 later when it gets warmer and finish off the day with Sharon and dinner out tonight. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am

Good Morning, grey day here. Another Wind Storm on the way. I remembered that I have a small Gas Syphon pump, so no mouthful of gas. One shot of Quick Start and the Generator fired up. :D . Had enough energy to do a few chores.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 am

Morning folkz. Glad to hear you are out and about Boyd. How's the bling-bling lady doing?
73 and sunny today. Yipppeee! I trimmed the bottom of a door at the church yesterday so it would open all the way as the floor has raised up a tad, washed the S-10 and the 91 GMC (first time in many years) and even put tire dressing on it, then took Sharon out for dinner stopping at the Purple Door Bakery for a cream puff....... oh my that was good. Sharon started to eat her's, which had powdered sugar on it, and inhaled some up her nose and with my view having the sunlight coming across her face when she breathed out it looked like she was snorting some of that bad juju stuff. I got smacked for that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 am

Morning. Went to the Kennedy Space Center yesterday. Heading to the Don Garlits Museum today. Stopping for brunch along the way.
Photos later.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am

Good Morning, another rainy day. I have to drive into Vancouver this afternoon, YUCK. Jack, Susan is fine. Somewhat stressed because of our life now.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Good Morning, another rainy day. I have to drive into Vancouver this afternoon, YUCK. Jack, Susan is fine. Somewhat stressed because of our life now.
Every time I see ladies wearing those flip-flops in the winter I think of her. My tooties would freeze off! Being a diabetic I even wear socks to bed as the circulation is not as good as it was in my earlier days. Maybe I need one of them diesel high pressure oil pumps? Yeah, but then it would be a turbo charger, NOS and heaven's knows what!!!! You know how that goes Boyd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Got a couple extra minutes tonight so I thought I'd do an update. Yesterday we picked up some great ideas to upgrade Jacks land yacht. :lol: :lol:
Kennedy 4 (1 of 1).jpg
Kennedy 4 (1 of 1).jpg (104.09KiB)Viewed 756 times
Kennedy 5 (1 of 1).jpg
Kennedy 5 (1 of 1).jpg (98.12KiB)Viewed 756 times
Kennedy 7 (1 of 1).jpg
Kennedy 7 (1 of 1).jpg (145.6KiB)Viewed 756 times
Kennedy 15 (1 of 1).jpg
Kennedy 15 (1 of 1).jpg (98.96KiB)Viewed 756 times
Kennedy 16 (1 of 1).jpg
Kennedy 16 (1 of 1).jpg (99.22KiB)Viewed 756 times

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Wow. Great pix! No, that was TWO nights I didn't take my laptop home but I did tonight as I am teleworking tomorrow. It's been beautiful in the low 70s here during the day but about 40 when I leave the house. If you guys are getting 70s, I should be getting that and more over the weekend! Denise is in Ocean City at her annual teacher's union convention. Jason and I are batching it this year. She even left us $50 on the kitchen counter for groceries! :) Taking are of her men. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”