Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 am

I'm Baaaack. :lol: :lol: Thanks BP, and tell Brian thanks too.
After breakfast I have to run a sign out to D. Then run to Joliet to letter a Van, PU & VAC truck. Then home to take care of a couple misc. sign thingys. Then I hope to spend what little time that's left (cuz' we have to have Pizza with the kids grandkids tonight) continuing the demo on the bathroom. The subfloor has to come up and it's screwed down 6" on center. :oops: there's thinset over the screws, so no real good way to locate them. :oops: :oops: I've been trying to pull it up with a crowbar, but that's just a goota' slow way to beat myself up. :oops: :oops: :oops: There should be a notched shingle tool showing up today to make it go a little better.
We have a winter advisory in affect from about 7p to around noon tomorrow. They're only predicting 3.5" for us, but they also predict wind. Goota' day to stay inside, which oddly enough is what I had planned anyway.
Time to get the day started.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Hello, guys! Batten down for the storm! Put Denise on a plane to Omaha today. She and her siblings are working with her parents to make plans for a move to Omaha to enter long term care. But, Denise just called and said her flight was canceled! She's checking her options, but I may need to head back down there. Went to the doctor this morning and got better numbers than ever. Almost normal in all respects. (Except mentally!) :) Happy weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Stay safe BP. It looks like snow here, right at freezing for the moment, but nothing yet. We're getting predictions anywhere from 2" to 14". Good to have it narrowed down. :wink: If we get the wind with it that they say is also coming, that could make a storm out of it. I have just about everything I need to stay busy on the bathroom tomorrow, so let it snow. :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 am

Morning. Good numbers and staying inside sounds goota to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
31/32 for today and we have a killer storm coming our way. Up to possibly a foot of snow, possible rain, possible freezing rain, possible sleet or maybe all of the above. Just went up and brought the snow blower down to the back porch so we have a fighting chance of keeping everything clear. Yesterday I went to breakfast with my BIL and he is going back to work on Monday after a heart attack and hand surgery. I sold a pair of snow tires off of my S 10 that I had on Craigslist and shortly thereafter the new Mercruiser showed up. They dropped it in front of the house and Sharon and I took it around the block before we tucked it in the garage. Later we went up to inspect it and I tried to figure out the Kenwood radio that has way too many gadgets on it. I will have to YouTube it to find out how it works. We went out to the local steak house for dinner and came home as happy campers to watch some TV and talk of the trips we want to take in the new car. Today is going to be a do nothing day except we are inviting Lori over for supper as Lola is going with her dad today. Locked and loaded for 9+ inches of snow here.
New Merc2.jpg
New Merc2.jpg (88.85KiB)Viewed 766 times
New Merc1.jpg
New Merc1.jpg (122.84KiB)Viewed 766 times
New Merc.jpg
New Merc.jpg (127.02KiB)Viewed 766 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:57 am

LQQKs pretty clean there Jack. I just about have the underlayment pulled up, just a strip in front of the vanity and then a bit of clean up. :wink: I was pleasantly surprised that the subfloor is O.K. There's a bit of a soft spot under the shower, but that gets replaced anyway, as I plan to make this a curbless shower. :wink: I'm popped, so I figured it was time for a bottle of water & a cool down. The goal is to have it gutted and pretty well cleaned up by the end of the day. We'll see if there's enough gas in the tank. I sometimes downshift by late afternoon. :roll: :mrgreen:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks, Gary! Great looking new 'Cruiser, Jack!

Well, Denise's flight got canceled again! Winter storms causing havoc across the country.

We got her on a 6:45 out of Baltimore tomorrow. We are going to go up and stay in a hotel, so I can run her over there in short notice. Don't want to trust the roads from Waldorf at 4 am!

We will take advantage of the opportunity to eat at the fabulous Elkridge Furnace Inn tonight. That will take some of the sting out of the travel hassles!

Hope you all stay warm and safe. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 am

Mornin'. 7.0°f. burrrr. Time to wait for Cheryl.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Afternoon folkz. It was 19 this morning and it is 17 now headed for around 15 with wind chills in the minus region. Went to breakfast and then church before coming home to clear the sidewalks. One of the neighbors did a pass with a plow on an ATV and we finished it off with the blower. Did the neighbor's driveway too and Sharon did the shoveling of the steps for me. Lori and Lola came out and did some snow angels, my that Lori is a good mom. I have to find some heated gloves as my fingers just freeze in this weather. We got about 6" of snow but the wind just made mounds everywhere. It snowed about and inch then rained and then snowed a bunch on top of that. It just started to snow again and maybe an inch or two will be coming. Sharon and I are going for pizza as I haven't had any for about two weeks and I need a fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Just got back from Church and lunch with about 15 other people. Then went to Menards to return some stuff and buy some more stuff for the bathroom. Got home and the shower lights had been delivered. So, I'm stocked up for the next few days. 16.2°f with a warm sun, but it promises to get cold once the sun goes down. I will be inside. :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi, everyone. Got Denise on her plane, and she's safely in Colorado. I dropped her at the airport and went back to the hotel for four more hours of shuteye! Watching some playoffs now and chilling. Jason and I are bachelors until Wednesday evening.
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”