Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi, everyone. Happy Columbus Day! Got to work all day but at least I'll be in shorts and a t-shirt! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:50 am

Fire up a new work week. We are down to 4 days before lift off. Well, technically it won't be 4 days until noon. :lol: :lol:
I better get to it.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:50 am

Morning. 68/85 and it's October? Yesterday I had the root canal done and it wasn't as bad as the horror stories I heard about. I was numb for about 5 hours and started taking Tylenol before the numbness wore off. Had some soup for lunch and we went to Sharon's brother's house for a cook out at 5:30 right after going to the funeral home to view mom. Calling hours are later this afternoon and we will be going out for dinner somewhere. We haven't done much more than run all over the place in the last couple of days and after Wednesday it will get back to normal. All the kids are handling it well and I'm glad to see they aren't bickering over mom's stuff. The dog and I had some down time yesterday while Sharon went to the grocery store and picked up some meds for me. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 am

Mornin'. 68.2°f, & sunny. But, Alexa tells me it will get up to 85°f today with afternoon thunderstorms. We've been getting just enough rain lately to keep the farmers out of the fields. :(

Down to 3 days. I've got the CNC sign ready, and will install it as soon as the doc decides where he wants it to go. Hoping he makes up his mind sooner, rather than later. Got some Operation Firm Handshake decals and engraved plaques to finish up. (They're a vet support group). Got some vinyl lettering to cut for a guy building book shelves for his grandkids. Got a couple 4'x8' address signs for the trucking co down the street printed, just have to assemble them. But, these are for their Kentucky plant.They liked the ones I did for this location, so..... Then 100 lot signs for the newest truck parking lot. This job ran me out of composite aluminum, so I'll get done what I can until the Thursday delivery, then see if there's time enough to finish the order. If I don't get them all done before we leave, it's no big deal as he said the parking spots will be painted on the asphalt also. His opening date is Nov. 1st, so that will be one of the first jobs on the schedule when we return.

I should give the lawn one more hair cut, that should pretty much be it for the year, unless this warm weather keeps up.

Time to start charging camera batteries, dust off the GoPro & make sure it's still synced to the cell phone, pack up the laptop, and related photo type stuff for the trip. I'm hoping sign stuff gets done with enough time to tidy up the shop & office a little. It's always nice to come back to an organized shop. Sorta' takes the edge off having to go back to work. :lol: :lol: But, a week after we get back, I'm eligible to sign up for SS, so that will be a goota' "edge taker offer" too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, I booked the first weekend in December for Branson, Sight & Sound Theater to see the musical Samson. Then a dinner cruise Saturday night on the Showboat Southern Belle. We took that cruise a few years ago. They put on a great show.

I better get to it. ...... Time to make the donuts!........ :idea: :wink:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Got everything but the Vinyl for the grandpa guy and the 100 parking lot signs done. I hung the closed signs on the shop doors tonight, so I'm unofficially closed. Hopefully that will deter the last minute walk in traffic. Oh, gotta mow the lawn & clean up yet too. I had thoughts of mowing the lawn tonight, but Bud came to pick up his banners and we got to jawin'. Then by the time I got the CNC sign installed it was dark:30. I thought about mowing with the headlights on, but then figured the neighbors would worry about my sanity, so...... :shock: . Spoz' to get thunderstorms tomorrow.. Alexa says partly cloudy Thursday, so we'll go with that.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Grandpa vinyl cut. 50 of the 100 truck parking signs are wrapped up. Can't do the other 50 until they deliver more sign material tomorrow, so I plan to do my part of the packing and get the shop/office organized in the meantime. Lettered a truck that wasn't on the schedule, but it's a goota' customer, so whatzaguy to do. :shock:
Rained most of the afternoon, but cleared off a while ago along with some stout wind. Got the lawn dry enough that I went out & mowed. Grass hasn't been this green since spring. Farmers aren't liking the rain, but the lawn sure is. 1.5 days to go.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:24 am

Morning. Can't wait to hear of your travels to youknowwhere and see the pixs. High of 66 today and that will be early this morning and falling into the mid 40's by this afternoon. Rain this morning too but we need it. Yesterday we put mom to her final rest and greeted everyone over a nice lunch at her church then came home to take a nap as it has been hectic for the last several days. We ended the day with the last day of our Gospel Meeting at church and made it home about 9:00. The rest of the week will not have any plans so we will take it as it comes and try to get back to normal. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:01 am

Mornin'. 45.0°f and cloudy this morning, but it's spoz' to be a sunny day eventually. I'm out of work until my supplier gets here with the composite aluminum. Clean, organize and pack until then. We have small group tonight, if we can get our ducks in a row in time. Cheryl's talking about taking tomorrow off completely instead of working the half day. If she does, that would ease the rush some.
Spoiler alert. I told Cheryl we're having a date night this Saturday night. Dinner and a show, just like the old days. But, she's going to be uber surprised when she finds out where the show is.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Cheryl got the whole day off tomorrow, so we'll be scootin' down the road as soon as we get organized. I have a few signs to put together, and Cheryl has some cloths to wash, then it's vacation time. :idea: :idea:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 am

Mornin'. Roof tops had frost on them for the first time this season. Sunny.

Wheelz', check your email for a note. :idea:
I'm down to 30 out of 100 signs to go, Cheryl's making goota' headway, we'll be roadies pretty soon. :arrow: :arrow:

Return to “What's Up”