Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:40 am

Beautiful photos! I can't believe all the snow. Not used to seeing it! At least not this early.

Working day and night has me doing a typical weekend check in. Got caught up on drag racing stuff yesterday and now back to day work stuff.

We actually had 32 degrees one morning and in the high 30s a few more times. Looks like even Maryland can't escape the calendar.

Have a great Sunday and week! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Thanks Jack & BP. The snow slowed us down some. Niagara Falls slowed us down more, so we're running a little behind schedule for getting home. We both are O.K. with that as the time has flown by. We'll get an early start tomorrow and be home late tomorrow night.

We stayed in an Inn just across the street from the falls. Took a night time stroll along the falls after dinner last night
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 5a.jpg
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 5a.jpg (112.98KiB)Viewed 1252 times
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 4.jpg
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 4.jpg (80.22KiB)Viewed 1252 times
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 3.jpg
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 3.jpg (101.32KiB)Viewed 1252 times
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 2.jpg
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 2.jpg (74.38KiB)Viewed 1252 times
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 1.jpg
Sun Oct 28 Niagra 1.jpg (101.19KiB)Viewed 1252 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Took another stroll this morning after breakfast before getting back on the road. Rained all day today. Just drizzle at the falls until just before we left. The sun would almost come out, then it would get dark again & rain. Got a ton of photos over the last couple weeks, but the processing will have to wait until we get home.

They have updated the lookout over Bridal Vale Falls. Got some great shots from that vantage point. When we were there last time it was closed for renovation. It turned out nice.
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 2.jpg
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 2.jpg (85.04KiB)Viewed 1251 times
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 3.jpg
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 3.jpg (99.07KiB)Viewed 1251 times
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 4.jpg
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 4.jpg (87.51KiB)Viewed 1251 times
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 5.jpg
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 5.jpg (69.2KiB)Viewed 1251 times
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 7.jpg
Mon Oct 29 Niagra 7.jpg (126.71KiB)Viewed 1251 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 pm

"SQUIRREL" ........

Low 40's to upper 40's today. Misting rain on and off all day. I took Sharon to her mom's house then headed over to the grocery store to get some vitals and stopped at the house to put everything away before going to my buddy's house and lunch. Had chicken stir fry and it was yummy. He is getting in really bad shape with the breathing problems and I told him that maybe he needs to get on the list for some new lungs but he told me that you have to be down to 18% in order to qualify and he is still at around 40% but that may change when he sees his lung doctor next week. He can walk about 20 yards if he is lucky and has to rest for about five minutes to recuperate. He told me the lung transplant is a 50-50 thing so it is risky. He told me this may be his last year for doing Santa at the mansion as it is a grueling three night gig with Sharon as Mrs. Santa but he may do some of his private dates for special people. Back to Sharon's mom's house and helped carry some bags of stuff outside and to the car before we came home for supper which was a home made steak salad. Tomorrow it is to be sunny and up to almost 60 so we will be outside doing yard work and loading my neighbors aluminum cans and gutters to take to the recycle place. We are helping him clean up his back yard as he has heart problems. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Breathtaking shots, Gary! Travel safely.

Thanks for taking care of all your fellows, Jack. I can't keep up with your activities!

Great guest on the show tonight, Jamie Fowler. Stricken with polio as a child, yet he became a highly competitive bodybuilder and top sportsman drag racer.

Denise is scurrying around, getting her teacher Halloween costume ready for tomorrow (yes, one day early).

Wonder how many kids we will get this year? It keeps dropping every year. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 am

We've had snow and rain since Friday. Now on our last day going home we have sunny skies. Oh well, we had fun anyway. Sort of like getting rained out at MIR @DLN. Still had fun in spite of the weather. We just finished breakfast and are heading back to reality.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:35 am

Morning. 57 now with a high of 64 but rain is coming soon. Sharon and I trimmed all the hedges at the duplex then went to my neighbor's house and loaded 110 lbs. of cans and all of his old gutters in the truck and hauled them to the recycle place. We also hooked the chain to several overgrown bushes and yanked them out with the truck. When we came back I went to give him the money from them and he showed me another truck load of cans to be hauled off but not today as the old body is in meltdown. Today is a down day for both of us. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Howdy. Fantastic day here in DC. Sunny and low 60s. Tomorrow it's getting to 73!

Went and did early voting tonight. Large crowds. I was 40 deep getting into the voting place.

Got home and found that no kids came by for Halloween. It's 8:30 and none yet. Jason may have to eat that big bag of candy!

Starting to fast for the last few days of the month as a reset. Finished day five today with coffee and water only. Feeling great. I'll eat in November! :D

Happy Halloween, everyone! bp
Bill Pratt

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:36 pm

No sooner did I type that when three kids (young teens) came to the door. Jason gave them a lot! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 am

Mornin'. we had 5 total tick or treaters. That's about how many we get in a normal year. Cloudy and 48.4°f today to restart the work thingy.
LQQKs like the lawn is not giving up. Must have had some grass growing type weather here while we were gone.

Return to “What's Up”