Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:06 am

Wow, BP you guys know how to have an adventure. :wink: :lol: :lol:

78.6°f, but it has all the signs of reaching HOT before too many hours pass.

Cheryl and I are taking a few hours out of the day to go to the funeral of a friend from Church today. 52 Years old, brain cancer. It came as a shock as it took him fast. He was in church 2 weeks ago.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:37 pm

back from the funeral. It's 97.4°f outside. BBQ grill (not turned on) says 190°f. :oops: That's hot enough to keep me inside, at least 'til the sun goes down.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Evening. Our range went on the fritz and we had to order a new one to replace it. The push membrane on the controller went on the blink and this was the second time since we had it. So off to Lowes to check one out with no bells and whistles unlike the one we have. It will be delivered on Friday so I took the old one out and stripped it bare. I went out this morning to load it in the GMC and about broke myself doing it. Two planks and a full array of grunting did the trick. I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done as the temps were in the 90's by then all the way up to 94 today. I went out and watered the flowers and about two hours later it poured down rain. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 am

The guys from Midwest Repair got us hooked up and we got on the road at about 2:30 today. They worked until 7 last night and early this morning, too. Thanks to them, we were able to get to Peru, Illinois, tonight. It's raining like crazy right now and will most of the night. Tomorrow we head out for Cleveland to spend a day with sister Nancy and then back home a day late right on July 4! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:44 am

OMG, just did a google map search and I see that we are just an hour from Coal City! Believe me, I didn't have another hour in me tonight! Plus we'll see our friends in Pittsburgh soon! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:26 am

Mornin'. 73.2°f partly sunny with some of the rain overnight BP mentioned. Sounds like it may end up being another hot one. Heading out this mornin' to letter a service truck, then back home to put some Golf Outing sponsor signs together. Then maybe to Morris to remove a name from a business center directory sign. It's one of the lower ones, so I may do that tomorrow, since we're heading that way to celebrate the 4th with Jenni, JD, Grandkids and JD's folks. Or, I may do it today if there's time, so it's off the to-do-list.
Stop by anytime BP, if you're by this way again someday. Glad you got the mechanical stuff taken care of. We take off a week from today, after Cheryl gets off work.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Well, as it sometimes goes, my day didn't go as planned. I did get the service truck done, but when I got back to the shop, there was a stack of detour signs to do. I got all the vinyl cut, but the rest will have to wait until July 5. Also, on the way out to do the service truck, the city crew was doing some landscaping. I got flagged down and asked to do a rush sandwich board for downtown stating that the goota' citizens of our fair city should have a great 4th of July and BTW fireworks are illegal. :oops: :wink: :lol: All this made going to remove the Dr. name from the directory a no go, but I can get it in the morning on the way to the kids' house. Family day will be putting an antenna on Jenni & JD's garage roof. Pretty easy install, should be done mid morning before the heat kicks in. The remainder of the day will be playing in the AC.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:01 pm

As a side note. at 10p there is a constant barrage of fireworks around the neighborhood. :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Got the signs taken down and the antenna up. Grilled some steaks and then around 3p the rain came. It's 4:20 now, we're home but the rain continues. 90's before the rain, now it's 73.4°f.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Howdy, everyone. Denise and I got home just after 9 yesterday after an evening with sister Nancy in Cleveland. There was NOBODY on the roads yesterday, which made for a very relaxing drive. As we drove through Greensburg, we were saying, we'll be back here in one week! Came back from vacation truly rested. Now for a long weekend, a few days of work, and then off to the DLNs! bp
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”