Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:04 am

Good morning. The temperature is only going to reach 30° today, that is the temperature at the moment. The arm is feeling better but still is numb and several places. Still it is a relief to have the splint removed. I have to go get a few prescriptions today but otherwise the schedule is open. :D :D :D
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is right. I hate winter. Okay, I started typing this with one finger!
Duh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:36 am

Mornin' 19.8°f, cloudy with light snow & a light breeze.

Hope you get back to power lifting at the gym soon Wheelz'. :lol: Glad it's all going in the right direction. You, Boyd & BP got to get in shape. DLN's 12 is right around the corner.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:24 am

Won't be able to have the other arm done till at least the end of January so I will have some time to get the motel options set up for DLN's. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Good morning,sunny -4c. Spoza snow by Friday :cry: 3 inches maybe. Sad news, Long time Div 6 Super/StockRacer Jim Isherwood has died. I never knew him well,but he was a well thought of man. Much closer to our hearts, Our Friend and Neighbor Fred died yesterday. His one and only heart attach.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Sorry to hear that Boyd, our condolences.
Colder & snowier on the way they say.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 am

22.5°f. Sounds like they may be hedging on those real low temps they predicted a few days ago. Looks like teens & 20's rather than single digits for a high. I'll take it. :idea:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 am

Me too Gary. Morning. 22 degrees now with 31 for a high today. Not as much wind as yesterday when it would chill you to the bone in no time at all. I batched it last night as Sharon was doing her Mrs. Claus routine then this morning her brother called at 6:00 to see if we wanted to go for breakfast, he works midnights, so off we went. Back home to get Sharon's Honda and take it for four new tires as the snow has been falling for a few days. I sure like typing with both hands and all of my fingers and I don't have to depend on Speech Recognition to fill in the blanks. It reminds me of the Auto Correct that is on the cell phones or maybe I speak with an accent unknown to the electronic machine I am using? Maybe Amish since they are all over the place here? I am part German but I don't speakinz de Dutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Morning,it snowed here last night. Not a lot yet,but supposed to start again. I didn't go to coffee A&W this morning.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:56 pm

HI everyone. Turning cold here too. Crazy busy at work day and night, alternating with visits to Baltimore. Did not get the process started on Monday as some numbers were not high enough. Looks like delay until January now. Still stuck in the house. Beautiful work, Gary, and of course nice photos. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Bill
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks BP. I put the lighted sign up for the Christmas Program yesterday afternoon & it was cooooold and windy.
I took the Vets admin sign down today also a scaffolding job. It was still low 21's but no wind so it wasn't bad at all. Should have waited until today to put the Christmas sign up.
They were talking 6"-8" of snow & then really cold for this weekend, but now it sounds like the heavy stuff is 'spoz to go north of us. We'll se how that goes.
I'm going to spend the weekend painting panels for the Christmas Program & boxing in the heat pipes in the crawl space, then insulating the floor to get some radiant heat from the pipes. Hope that goes according to plan. I bought knee pads and an LED head light to make the job go a little easier. The old knees don't like the crawl space much. :oops:

Return to “What's Up”