Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Fri May 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Good Morning. OMG! Sorry that happened Bill. My Friday morning coffee group won money in the 6/49 Lottery last week. 14 people won $61. We decided to re-invest. LOL. :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:35 pm

WOW, glad it wasn't more seriousBP. I got the truck lettered & the BB court stripes painted on the driveway. Back home to resume work on parking spot signs for CenterPoint truck parking. I was hoping to get the Lions Club letters installed on their building but the mounting studs aren't here yet. The ones they sent with the letters were too short. Ordered longer ones & they sent the wrong style, Hope this next batch is right. :cry:

I just saw on Yahoo news there were shots fired near the White House? :?: :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri May 20, 2016 5:04 pm

bp the Funny Car Nats is next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May 29 Hope you heal up my friend.

Whew, I've been going all day. Breakfast with brother-in-law this morning, lawn work, picked up the old bed from my truck and brought it home, more lawn work, harassed the neighbor, moved his vehicles to do some trimming on the curb strip, lawn work, harassed the neighbor some more, Sharon came home and I had to be good, we are off to help install the refurbished bed on my truck then order a pizza as my brother is coming down with his power washer to let me use it for a week of cleaning the house and back porch.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat May 21, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks, all! Glad to hear all the good news.

I feel OK. Head still hurts but outside of a black eye, you can't tell anything if I am wearing a baseball cap.

They lost my iPhone at the hospital, so I went and recovered that tonight. That "find my iPhone" app is priceless. It located it right in the ER. When I called them about it, they found it. Took Denise and Jason out to dinner in DC after we picked it up. Ate outside where I wouldn't feel weird having a baseball cap on. The other patrons had no idea how I was helping their appetites by keeping it on!

Tia and Greg dropped my laptop off to me today and Wayne cut my lawn and power washed the house. It takes a village. Great to have good friends.

I get the stitches out on Wednesday. Still planning to be up in Ohio at this point. Em might even make a surprise appearance! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat May 21, 2016 12:35 am

WOW Bill !!! sorry to hear about that nasty fall. Glad it wasn't any worse, and it so easily could have. Allow me to officially welcome you to old age my friend, now that you've had yer first fall. Trust me we ALL have.

Glad you can & will, still make Salem next Sat. I'm really lookin forward to seeing you & this race, sounds like the best one yet.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat May 21, 2016 4:35 am

Morning. Glad you are mending well bp. I remember wayyyyyy back when I was a drinker and took some meds which stated clearly on the bottle to not mix with alcohol and when I did I almost fell off of the bar stool. I had to have someone take me home as one drink and I was gone. Sharon and I went up expecting that several guys and I were going to place the truck bed on my truck but when we got there it was already on. Young guys are handy to have around at my age!!!!!!! The guy that is doing this has a daughter graduating this coming weekend and his wife wants all the vehicles gone till after the party so they bolted the bed down and I have the truck home for a week or so. My brother showed up with the power washer and we stuffed ourselves with pizza (and Daryl didn't get any) then talked till after dark on the back porch.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 am

Mornin. 53.4°f w/light clouds this am.
I'll be spending the day working on signs & painting the classroom numbers for the new children's wing at church.
Might even mow the lawn.
numbers for FCC sm.jpg
numbers for FCC sm.jpg (149.05KiB)Viewed 656 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 am

Good morning. I plan on weeding the back garden today. Lower back pain,that I've had for some time will slow the prosess :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat May 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks, Zappy and Jack! The black eye looks worse today and I'm really wondering if these 'bear claw marks' will ever fade away. They are pretty deep. Trying to figure out my strategy for going back to work -- band-aids or a fedora? LOL. A baseball cap will solve the issue this coming weekend. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sun May 22, 2016 1:47 am

wear a Surgical Cap, Bill.

Return to “What's Up”