Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:56 am

Morning. 53/82 for this day and mostly sunny. Sharon and I went to Sonic for supper last night and stopped at Menard's on the way home to get some stair step edge for the basement steps project. I have enough vinyl to put on the steps left over from the bathroom remodel so all I need is some glue and nails. We lugged the air compressor and the miter saw up the steps last night in preparation to install the trim molding in the back bedroom today. I also need to get the grass mowed as all this rain we've had is making it grow like crazy. Things are starting to look normal and not so much like California with brown grass and burnt up plants. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:00 am

Mornin', 63.0°f with lite rain. My plan was to work on the fire department sign today, repainting a sandblasted monument sign. But, rain put the kabash to that. Got the lawn mowed last night, but the only grass I cut was where the downspouts dump and a few weeds here and there. If the rains keep up, that may change soon. Cheryl is having a party of some sort tomorrow, so I'll be working on the CNC upgrades I 'hink, out in the man cave. :wink: The boot is coming along. Still have to drill the holes to mount it to the spindle. Then I can get it installed on the machine.
Attachments
CNC dust boot 8.jpg
CNC dust boot 8.jpg (176.41KiB)Viewed 1022 times
CNC dust boot 7.jpg
CNC dust boot 7.jpg (187.1KiB)Viewed 1022 times
CNC dust boot 1.jpg
CNC dust boot 1.jpg (273.11KiB)Viewed 1022 times
CNC VAC 8 18 18 9.jpg
CNC VAC 8 18 18 9.jpg (620.54KiB)Viewed 1022 times
CNC VAC 8 18 18 8.jpg
CNC VAC 8 18 18 8.jpg (613.33KiB)Viewed 1022 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Great work as always, Gary! Enjoy the countdown!

Yes, I DO need another vacation already, Gorilli! Just got home after a full day on Friday... I usually work from home on Fridays but had an early meeting. Going to enjoy these next two weekend days, though! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Gary that last pixs looks like something out of the movie TRON!!!!!! :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:10 am

Mornin'. 68.2°f and cloudy. Painting on the firehouse sign is in jeopardy as it looks like it rained overnight. If the sun comes out, maybe a little painting this afternoon? Cheryl has the place filling up with perspective Pampered Chef customers in about 2 hours, so I'll be out in the shop if anybody is LQQKing for me. Later. :wink:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:34 pm

LOL. Good move! We have Em and some friends coming over for a pool party later. Denise is out buying a bunch of cookout stuff and some snacks. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 am

Morning. 71/84 today with a possible thunder storm. Friday Sharon and I started to finish up the installation of all the trim on our extra bedroom and spent most of the day on it and got all the painted trim we had put in place. Thank heavens for miter saws and air brad nailers, it makes life so much easier. Then on Saturday Sharon and I had planned to go to Dragway 42's Gasser Rock and Race but we had a few chores to do before we left. We got up to have our coffee on the front porch then I got the paint ready for her to cover some more trim work and I used the string trimmer on three properties and mowed our lawn. We got to my buddy's house about 1:00 and we all took off for the races in his truck as he needed to take his mobility scooter so he could get around. We sat up our chairs overlooking the track at the 1/8 mile marker and enjoyed the races after a brief shower came through, walked through the pits later and had a few sandwiches and some chips in between. On the way home we stopped off for a coney dog meal to finish off the day and made it home by about 10:00. This track has been totally revamped literally from the ground up and it has the best seating and viewing for racing in the country hands down. They dozed the old track and built a new racing facility just for drag racing and you can see from the starting line to the shutdown area without straining your neck or having to stand up. Take a look at the picture and notice the hills on each side of the track that extend upwards of about 60 with seating from the Daytona NASCAR track installed at the starting line. This place is just extra special. What a wonderful day we had. Oh and they had over 100 Gassers from as far as New Jersey, Arizona and even Ontario plus alcohol funny cars and wheel standers but we missed them as we were in the pits walking and talking.
Dragway 42.jpg
Dragway 42.jpg (64.69KiB)Viewed 919 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:28 am

It's that time again. Waiting for Cheryl to get ready for Church. :wink:
That looks like a real cool place Jack. Glad you guys had some fast fun.
I was planning to go to the D'Arcy Buick GMC Route 66 Classic a week ago Saturday. I wanted to go because the charity proceeds went to the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate and one of the racers was a board member. Alas, one thing led to another, too hot, whatever and I didn't make it. I found out after the fact it was a big hit, well attended, even had over 500 cars in the Show N Shine area. :oops: :oops: better put that on next year's calendar. :idea:
Heading to Church today, then out for lunch with the group, then off to Menards to scope out materials to fix concrete steps. Cheryl's folks' steps are getting rough and uneven. Me thinks they are using rock salt in the winter. So, we plan to run out there the week after Labor Day & patch the bad spots and then give all the steps & landing a resurface coat with a broom finish. Her Dad is having trouble negotiating the steps with all the pot holes, so that should help some. If we can find it this time of year, we may leave a 5 gal bucket of concrete friendly ice melt too. :wink:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 am

Morning. 72 already this morning and up to 89 this afternoon but the dew point is above 70 which means it will be miserable today. Well, Sharon is on her last Monday before she retires on Friday of this week and to say she is excited is an understatement. Several years ago I would get up and take her to breakfast before she went to work but haven't done that for ages so on Friday I am going to take her for breakfast. Saturday she is having the full beauty treatment done and she will be there for about 4 hours with a massage, hair, nails, makeup, etc. I'm taking her for dinner at the Inn on Honey Run a local high end restaurant to top off her day. I told her we will have to eat hot dogs for a week to make up for that!! :lol: Off to Lowes for some outlet covers and some other items to finish the bedroom project then home to cut some baseboard and trim. The young guy is coming to hopefully complete the vehicle repairs and we will be good to go. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:25 am

Mornin'. Fire up another work week @ 74.7°f to start. Spose' to be 2-3 hot days & then a cool down is coming. Fall is my kind of weather.
Spent the morning putting a coat of mold killer on the fire house signs. Pulled the image of the old original fire apparatus off the signs, brought them home to redo them. They're on separate plaques, so doing the detail work at home will be better than out in the sun. :oops: Stopped off at the other fire house and got photos of the apparatus they have displayed in the front winder', soz' I can make the new one look somewhat like it.

Return to “What's Up”