Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Good Morning sunny warm here.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon May 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Afternoon folkz. I forgot to plant two bushes at the church so I went down today and did that then my little mind got side tracked and I did the weeding and transplanting around the LED sign, planted some tulips in front of the building, weeded the front also and was putting down marigold seeds when my sugar went south. I stopped for a quick bite to eat and headed home but I was toast from my sugar bottoming out so I had to visit the recliner for an hour. Up and trimmed the hedge next to the driveway, picked up the trimmings and then came in and made Sharon's salads for her lunches as we didn't get to them yesterday. Just got out of the shower and turned the AC on as it is 80 or better and the humidity is climbing. Sharon just made it home and we talked a bit. Relaxing is on the agenda for tonight. I'm pooped!!!!!!!!!
Sharon and I went to Daryl's garage for a little food and some entertainment from the Classy Carts Country Band on Saturday night. Man, Daryl and the guys really did a good job for not practicing for 6 months. Daryl was singing and he has come into his own. I hate to say it but Daryl ... er the youngin' is a shining star in the band now. I have videos and will post them later. Durn younginz'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue May 22, 2018 12:36 am

Sounds like fun, Jack. Hi, Boyd. Beautiful day here today. Got 4.5 miles in walking from building to building. Had Larry Lombardo on the show and he was as fun as ever. Have a great week! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 am

Good Morning,sunny again.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Mornin'. Sunny here too after a day of rain.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Rainy day here after one day of sunshine. Not sure about tomorrow but it cooled off until the mid-60s. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:37 am

63.1°f to start a sunny day.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed May 23, 2018 8:54 am

The Morning News:
59/77 today as the front has passed through. Yesterday was hot and super muggy all day and I went for a back massage at 5:30. Heard the storms outside and thought nothing of it but my phone was ringing and ringing but I ignored it till I was done. Called Sharon and she was just beside herself wondering where I was at, she thought I had a half hour appointment and I really had an hour. Here the storm hit our neighborhood hard with trees blown over into houses and branches falling out of trees accompanied by hail that she thought was going to take out the front window. I stopped to pickup something for supper as we had no power and surveyed the destruction upon returning home. Nobody got hurt and that is all that matters so life is good. We used our Rural King light sticks to shower and then went to bed. 3:00 in the morning I thought the sun came up as they erected a massive light pole in the middle of the street with chain saws a blazing, Bobcats running around like ants, leaf blowers pushing the saw dust to the curb and huge cranes lifting big chunks of tree parts and laying them in my manicured lawn. Oh well, life goes on. :D :D :D
Just noticed that the battery operated clock in my computer room has stopped too. The storm must have scared it so bad that it quit working. :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:18 am

Glad you're o,k, Jack. Hope everyone else around there is too.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 24, 2018 7:04 am

Morning DLposterz. 51/83 today with sunshine all day. Yesterday I raked all the sticks and limbs from the yard due to the storm on Monday night then trimmed and mowed the lawn. A restoration company pulled up as I was mowing and started fixing some of the house roof and porch roof damage on the neighbor's house from the tree trying to take up residence inside. The roof is slate so I don't know how they will replace that but I imagine there are Amish in the area that still do that type of work. I am off to a doctor's appointment for my sugar this morning then I must get all of the porch furniture out for our party on Saturday. We are throwing a meet and greet party for our new neighbor lady and her children to officially welcome her to the neighborhood. We had an impromptu meeting after the storm on Monday as we all got together on the sidewalk to talk about the tree on the house situation and some limbs down in her back yard. Well, gotta go. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”